Hiya. 7 day ban over.... - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hiya. 7 day ban over....

22 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Peter Murrell ? 🙂

I initially thought it was just someone who was annoyed with some of the posts , and that anyone who moaned about them were added  to the hitlist. But Daviebee got battered with them one day and he hadnt  even mentioned the emojis. There is no rhyme nor reason to them, even benign posts are getting hit.  

It’s possible Ormond is correct and they are trying to get rid of anyone they dont want. Bit of a waste of time in lockdown right enough when there is fook all else to do . Not the smartest strategy. Good luck trying to get rid of me. I banged on the door of a newsagent every weekend for 6 months till they gave me a job when i was 15, it will take more than a few emojis to shake me off. 

What was the job? Joiner, painter or window cleaner?  😄 

18 minutes ago, silverbear said:

What was the job? Joiner, painter or window cleaner?  😄 

😂😂 it was a mumbo jumbo of everything type of shop,  but my job was to serves sweeties ! 😁 

It had every sweet you could ever imagine plus one of those fridges that had an assortment of ice creams. There was not many of them in 1978. I would have done the job for nothing . 

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂😂 it was a mumbo jumbo of everything type of shop,  but my job was to serves sweeties ! 😁 

It had every sweet you could ever imagine plus one of those fridges that had an assortment of ice creams. There was not many of them in 1978. I would have done the job for nothing . 

Yes it was more a question of the poor newsagent's door you spent 6 months banging on rather than interest in the job.☺️ But you knew that.

Actually I helped out in the local newsagents on Sundays for a while, as I used to play golf with the owner & they were short staffed. At least my newspaper arrived on time & it was free. 🤫 Liquorice is my weakness. It's like catnip. Sometimes if kids came in & asked if we'd got any left, I'd say No.  It was a bit boring though & one day I restacked all the sweet jars & drinks in alphabetic order just to pass time. No-one else could find anything though, which I found strange?

1 hour ago, silverbear said:

Yes it was more a question of the poor newsagent's door you spent 6 months banging on rather than interest in the job.☺️ But you knew that.

Actually I helped out in the local newsagents on Sundays for a while, as I used to play golf with the owner & they were short staffed. At least my newspaper arrived on time & it was free. 🤫 Liquorice is my weakness. It's like catnip. Sometimes if kids came in & asked if we'd got any left, I'd say No.  It was a bit boring though & one day I restacked all the sweet jars & drinks in alphabetic order just to pass time. No-one else could find anything though, which I found strange?

😂 errr, you are giving me more credit than I deserve here. Though I am sure you were extremely interested in my job too ..

It was never quiet in the shop I worked, half the shop was a newsagents that also sold paintings and all sorts of bric a brac. Folk would come in for the Daily Record and ho away with a poker for their coal fire.  The other side was a tearoom. God help the customers the days I had to make the egg and bacon rolls. 
I was only 15 but was allowed to sell fags, in fact the staff just stood there constantly smoking whilst serving the customers. Not me right enough I hated the smell. I just liked the smell of cakes . 

16 hours ago, bonzo said:

The emojis have gone.

Booooo ! Sledgehammer to crack a nut. Literally.

Could have just reverted back to 5 a day or whatever. If Tiny Tims guess is correct then his suspect has just got what they wanted. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Could have just reverted back to 5 a day or whatever. If Tiny Tims guess is correct then his suspect has just got what they wanted. 

Agreed, and I think I'm on the same page as @Tiny Timas to who it is/was.

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Agreed also. I think there was a lot of OTT reaction to the emojis.

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Quite a strange thing to get in a state about.  😂 I cant say it's something I ever paid much attention to. 

Whit??? Its a disgrace getting rid of Emoji. Ma community reputation was nearing 1000, a couple weeks, I would have been there.. But naw, it's gone noo. 15 year it took me to get there, and all wiped away noo.. I'm lost for words, which dinnae happen to often btw...

57 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Whit??? Its a disgrace getting rid of Emoji. Ma community reputation was nearing 1000, a couple weeks, I would have been there.. But naw, it's gone noo. 15 year it took me to get there, and all wiped away noo.. I'm lost for words, which dinnae happen to often btw...

I finished top mate, I'll let you see the trophy when it arrives 🤣🤣