Hiya. 7 day ban over.... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hiya. 7 day ban over....

Hiya folks, my 7 day ban is over, second banning in 3 weeks. No idea why, but we all know who is behind it.. Been told by the "Mods" , this is my final warning, next ban is permanent.  Say what you will, I do  not deserve this abuse, its sickening... Anyhoo. Hope everyone had a fantastic Easter Weekend. Great result for Scotland, and Eddy Howe on his way to Celtic.. 15 years on this board, and now being threatened by the Mods.. I am not perfect, get wound up easy, but I do not deserve this shit... Alba Gu Brath🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Ormond may actually be correct to some degree.

check this out...

Guest    2 people reacted to a post in a topic Indy Ref 2
Yesterday at 10:57 AM
Yesterday at 10:56 AM
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
Yesterday at 10:54 AM
Yesterday at 10:54 AM

Apart from the usual emoji yawn... that is two log-in's doing it at the exact same time. That is someone blatantly using multiple accounts AT THE SAME TIME.

The people who run this board are taking the piss out if it. 

I got 26 reactions  morning , they all came in whilst I was reading the board. Got them in every thread even the football which I rarely post in. No one was viewing any of the threads that were hit, its definitely someone who is running the board. 

I had a video clip of who was on the board when I was getting emojis and there was no one viewing the threads that were getting them apart from one poster and it’s not him doing it, not sure he thinks it annoys people or he’s genuinely mentally ill.

It’s the owner of the board, Ron/Rolling Hills etc etc that’s doing it all. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I got 26 reactions  morning , they all came in whilst I was reading the board. Got them in every thread even the football which I rarely post in. No one was viewing any of the threads that were hit, its definitely someone who is running the board. 

I see the last new member approved was still at the start of Feb and that was 'EnglandRGay / Bonny XY''s umpteenth identity.

I think they have gone into full on troll mode it seems. At first I thought it was just a few folk but this is now ridiculous. It is the people running the board who control all the settings etc for the emojis and they are clearly well in on the joke on the rest of us. 

I am starting to find it curious who does not get them now rather than those who do. Does not seem to be a problem for some posters and then others are getting it bad.

I always remember mindimoo's horror when she had a suspicion of who might own / run this place. I don't know myself but it is hard to contribute anymore. I only popped back for a bit of election laughs.

I don't want to comment on this really because it's basically giving the person, or people, the attention they clearly seek. I don't go with this Ron/Rolling Hills/Bonny etc etc all being the same person and running the board - though I do think some people have more than one active log in. I've a suspicion on who I think started it all and have said who.

Couple of things - I see that besides named people and guests, there's also anonymous people viewing. How do you sign in anonymously? If you sign in anonymously, can you give people emoji's? If you can, that might explain things.

The mods could sort it though because the functionality exists to reveal the poster's name when you hover over the emoji. There might be a privacy issue so If the mods want to keep them private, that's fair enough but they can see who it is and easily stop it.

Getting them doesn't bother me at all but if it bothers enough people and they all complain to admin then maybe they'll act.

25 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I see the last new member approved was still at the start of Feb and that was 'EnglandRGay / Bonny XY''s umpteenth identity.

I think they have gone into full on troll mode it seems. At first I thought it was just a few folk but this is now ridiculous. It is the people running the board who control all the settings etc for the emojis and they are clearly well in on the joke on the rest of us. 

I am starting to find it curious who does not get them now rather than those who do. Does not seem to be a problem for some posters and then others are getting it bad.

I always remember mindimoo's horror when she had a suspicion of who might own / run this place. I don't know myself but it is hard to contribute anymore. I only popped back for a bit of election laughs.

Peter Murrell ? 🙂

I initially thought it was just someone who was annoyed with some of the posts , and that anyone who moaned about them were added  to the hitlist. But Daviebee got battered with them one day and he hadnt  even mentioned the emojis. There is no rhyme nor reason to them, even benign posts are getting hit.  

It’s possible Ormond is correct and they are trying to get rid of anyone they dont want. Bit of a waste of time in lockdown right enough when there is fook all else to do . Not the smartest strategy. Good luck trying to get rid of me. I banged on the door of a newsagent every weekend for 6 months till they gave me a job when i was 15, it will take more than a few emojis to shake me off. 

11 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

I don't want to comment on this really because it's basically giving the person, or people, the attention they clearly seek. I don't go with this Ron/Rolling Hills/Bonny etc etc all being the same person and running the board - though I do think some people have more than one active log in. I've a suspicion on who I think started it all and have said who.

Couple of things - I see that besides named people and guests, there's also anonymous people viewing. How do you sign in anonymously? If you sign in anonymously, can you give people emoji's? If you can, that might explain things.

The mods could sort it though because the functionality exists to reveal the poster's name when you hover over the emoji. There might be a privacy issue so If the mods want to keep them private, that's fair enough but they can see who it is and easily stop it.

Getting them doesn't bother me at all but if it bothers enough people and they all complain to admin then maybe they'll act.

That is interesting. Why on earth would they not act on  this information  rather than wait for people to complain,  if they weren’t involved themselves ? 
As you say its no big deal , but surely it cant be difficult to get rid of the person/people who are doing it. They just need to look at my profile this morning.

I know what you mean though, by talking about it is giving them attention.  

The mods used to be pretty good. Clearly do not care now. I remember the fatman, thinman series that culminated in flora. He kept getting banned, the mods would ID him because he kept using the same password in every new username. :lol: The earliest I recall was Saorsa I think.

I asked Charlie endell if he was doing that after the umpteenth ban and he replied something like ‘yep, schoolboy error’. Both missed. :(

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

and they are trying to get rid of anyone they dont want. Bit of a waste of time in lockdown right enough when there is fook all else to do . Not the smartest strategy. Good luck trying to get rid of me.

I don’t think they want rid of people, I think they want rid of the emojis. Get people to complain about them so the mods remove them.

I got it wrong about the functionality. It’s not on hover, it’s when you click on the emoji that you see who gave you it. Like this:

3A5DC1B5-DA0B-4FF3-B4A0-A5D3BF7B641B.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

I don’t think they want rid of people, I think they want rid of the emojis. Get people to complain about them so the mods remove them.

I got it wrong about the functionality. It’s not on hover, it’s when you click on the emoji that you see who gave you it. Like this:

3A5DC1B5-DA0B-4FF3-B4A0-A5D3BF7B641B.jpeg

That makes sense if it is who you think it is, but how do you explain absolutely no one viewing the threads where the emojis were being hit ? Come to think of it  there were possibly guests viewing the threads, but def no board members. Can guests give emoticons ? 

I take it its only mods or those running the board that can see the above ? 
I am not bothered enough to complain, I am however interested in what is behind that scribbly line 😁

20 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

Tim.  A lot of people know me personally on this board.  I can be a pain in the arse I accept that.  But coming in under other names is not my style.  In a previous name on here around 7 years ago I was Fermer but sold my ferm and moved to the Borders.  Hence Rolling Hills.  I have never met Ron but know a friend of his.  I also have no say or interest in the running of this board. I like to have a wee wind up and got banned last year for a few days.  My motto on here is no personal abuse.  👍