Play Off Picture - Page 43 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Picture


Toepoke
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, breeks_mctavish said:

Aye that’s what I heard.

Just remember away goals count double in the first half of the loser playoff so don’t go too attacking with your starting lineup

Aye, it's hard to keep up with the aways goals rules these days. They just keep changing them for some reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, thesaint said:

Why did the guy who put post on not mention that.His opening words were it would be a damp squid match.It obviously wouldn't be if you automatically qualify for the next tournaments best losers play off round.Has that been put forward,or are you just suggesting it?

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have said damp 'squid' 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone know how many members the SSC has now? Was wondering if everyone in the club will still be guaranteed a ticket for the Ukraine game.

A mate of mine rejoined recently and his new membership no. is over 100,000. Obviously, some people who were members will have given up over the years so I’m pretty sure there aren’t over 100,00 members…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Black Bra said:

Anyone know how many members the SSC has now? Was wondering if everyone in the club will still be guaranteed a ticket for the Ukraine game.

A mate of mine rejoined recently and his new membership no. is over 100,000. Obviously, some people who were members will have given up over the years so I’m pretty sure there aren’t over 100,00 members…

If you are a member.you will be guaranteed a ticket no problem.Think the membership is roughly 27000 or so.It had dropped a bit,but since the euros etc is has climbed back up.Don't think 27000 will be too far out.Bit more or a bit less maybe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

If you are a member.you will be guaranteed a ticket no problem.Think the membership is roughly 27000 or so.It had dropped a bit,but since the euros etc is has climbed back up.Don't think 27000 will be too far out.Bit more or a bit less maybe.

I agree. Last I heard around a year ago it was around 25,000.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

Anyone know how many members the SSC has now? Was wondering if everyone in the club will still be guaranteed a ticket for the Ukraine game.

A mate of mine rejoined recently and his new membership no. is over 100,000. Obviously, some people who were members will have given up over the years so I’m pretty sure there aren’t over 100,00 members…

Might have changed now but I’m sure they used to limit it to a maximum of 35,000 members. If that’s still the case we should always be guaranteed one ticket each for games at Hampden (covid rules permitting).

I don’t think it’s anywhere near 35,000 at the moment anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I woke up this morning and thought we've played 6, won 6, conceded 2 in those 6 which came in one game both from free kicks one direct and one indirect with a difference of +8 in those 6 games 

You know what were not that bad come a long way and with home advantage, momentum and positivity on our side we should be in a great place for the playoffs

Hopefully we have some good luck over the next 4 months with players staying fit and in form & hopefully the Ukraine's pick some injuries and some key players lose form then we'll be looking grand for the semi 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Might have changed now but I’m sure they used to limit it to a maximum of 35,000 members. If that’s still the case we should always be guaranteed one ticket each for games at Hampden (covid rules permitting).

I don’t think it’s anywhere near 35,000 at the moment anyway. 

The rules were changed at the time they introduced the loyalty points for home games. 

"Are members still guaranteed a home ticket?

Members still get priority access to home tickets but are no longer absolutely guaranteed a home ticket. The new loyalty points system will be used to prioritise access to tickets, if necessary. However, this will only be used when membership exceeds the working capacity of the stadium in which the match in played. In the case of Hampden, this would be when membership exceeds 35,000."

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Ukraine have started visa process for players for the match today.

Mykhaylo Mudryk (Shakhtar Donetsk) and Serhiy Buletsa (Dynamo Kyiv, but on loan at Zorya Luhansk) were at the UFA HQ in Kyiv today filling in the paperwork according to reports.

Just back from 2 weeks in Ukraine visiting in-laws, and met a few journalists for coffee and a beer.

They are not scared of us in any way (they really only know Scott McTominay, simply on the basis he plays for Man United) and that all our big name players are defenders, so they expect Ukraine to win narrowly or go to penalties.

Doubt there will be many away fans from Ukraine, as the Ukraine version of the SSC are selling trips, but telling people to budget for £600-ish, and a extra £400 for 2/3 days hotel quarantine upon arrival in London.

Suspect 90% of Ukraine's support will be made up of fans from the Ukrainian communities in Edinburgh, Coventry, Bradford and Manchester, with a lot more from London (Students and people working in IT), so if I was to guess, I would say the away support will be in the region of 800-1000ish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Ukraine have started visa process for players for the match today.

Mykhaylo Mudryk (Shakhtar Donetsk) and Serhiy Buletsa (Dynamo Kyiv, but on loan at Zorya Luhansk) were at the UFA HQ in Kyiv today filling in the paperwork according to reports.

Just back from 2 weeks in Ukraine visiting in-laws, and met a few journalists for coffee and a beer.

They are not scared of us in any way (they really only know Scott McTominay, simply on the basis he plays for Man United) and that all our big name players are defenders, so they expect Ukraine to win narrowly or go to penalties.

Doubt there will be many away fans from Ukraine, as the Ukraine version of the SSC are selling trips, but telling people to budget for £600-ish, and a extra £400 for 2/3 days hotel quarantine upon arrival in London.

Suspect 90% of Ukraine's support will be made up of fans from the Ukrainian communities in Edinburgh, Coventry, Bradford and Manchester, with a lot more from London (Students and people working in IT), so if I was to guess, I would say the away support will be in the region of 800-1000ish.

Good. Let them underestimate us. McTominay isn't even considered one of our most important players at the moment. If they want to focus their attention on him, then go right ahead. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Good. Let them underestimate us. McTominay isn't even considered one of our most important players at the moment. If they want to focus their attention on him, then go right ahead. 

 

That is the media point of view...  Petrakov (manager) is a totally different.

He is very much in the same mold as Andy Roxburgh and Craig Brown in that he will over analyse an opponent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

That is the media point of view...  Petrakov (manager) is a totally different.

He is very much in the same mold as Andy Roxburgh and Craig Brown in that he will over analyse an opponent.

True. You'd imagine the result of that will be that they need to protect their right hand side from the threat of Robertson and Tierney. Which will give Patterson/Ralston/SOD a lot more freedom on the opposite side. As well as giving McGinn a bit more room to manoeuvre. 

On the flipside, it may mean they put far more attacking pressure down that side. So we'll need whoever plays RCB and defensive mid to be on the top of their game, and cover defensively.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

That is the media point of view...  Petrakov (manager) is a totally different.

He is very much in the same mold as Andy Roxburgh and Craig Brown in that he will over analyse an opponent.

The Ukrainian Andy Roxburgh! It’s an obscure nickname but I like it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

That is the media point of view...  Petrakov (manager) is a totally different.

He is very much in the same mold as Andy Roxburgh and Craig Brown in that he will over analyse an opponent.

 

100% agree

He’s had months to look at our players, unless we chuck Tony Watt in the players will be well briefed with regards to what to expect. 

Let's be honest how many Ukrainian players do we know. Doubt if our media know anymore without resorting to Google. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, wanderer said:

Ukraine have started visa process for players for the match today.

Mykhaylo Mudryk (Shakhtar Donetsk) and Serhiy Buletsa (Dynamo Kyiv, but on loan at Zorya Luhansk) were at the UFA HQ in Kyiv today filling in the paperwork according to reports.

Just back from 2 weeks in Ukraine visiting in-laws, and met a few journalists for coffee and a beer.

They are not scared of us in any way (they really only know Scott McTominay, simply on the basis he plays for Man United) and that all our big name players are defenders, so they expect Ukraine to win narrowly or go to penalties.

Doubt there will be many away fans from Ukraine, as the Ukraine version of the SSC are selling trips, but telling people to budget for £600-ish, and a extra £400 for 2/3 days hotel quarantine upon arrival in London.

Suspect 90% of Ukraine's support will be made up of fans from the Ukrainian communities in Edinburgh, Coventry, Bradford and Manchester, with a lot more from London (Students and people working in IT), so if I was to guess, I would say the away support will be in the region of 800-1000ish.

The feelings mutual.Don't think we are shaking in our shoes about playing them.Makes you wonder what they are basing their confidence on.Certainly not on their results over the past year or so.Look solid enough,but no more than that.Certainly hope they come to Glasgow with that that attitude.Look forward to horsing them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, thesaint said:

The feelings mutual.Don't think we are shaking in our shoes about playing them.Makes you wonder what they are basing their confidence on.Certainly not on their results over the past year or so.Look solid enough,but no more than that.Certainly hope they come to Glasgow with that that attitude.Look forward to horsing them.

Perhaps (and it would be very silly) they are judging us purely on our recent woeful qualifying record and them getting to later stages in tournaments. We are a much-improved team both talent and spirit and organisation-wise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 9:54 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

The silence over yellow cards being rescinded for the play-offs are worrying. It would seem, every passing day with no news, says that these will be carried forward and leave us walking a real tightrope.

Polish FA tweeted on Friday that FIFA have agreed to start afresh for the play off's with players on yellow cards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2022 at 9:26 PM, thesaint said:

The feelings mutual.Don't think we are shaking in our shoes about playing them.Makes you wonder what they are basing their confidence on.Certainly not on their results over the past year or so.Look solid enough,but no more than that.Certainly hope they come to Glasgow with that that attitude.Look forward to horsing them.

Ukrainian football media have something of a chip on their shoulder, purely based on players of old, and the number of players they have going for big money transfers and playing in top leagues in Europe.

As I said, I would not compare media with the manager, as sure our media is probably less clued up on the Ukrainian team (at best they will probably know Shved (if he gets recalled), Yarmalenko and Zinchenko (purely on basis they play in England) ... everyone else will probably be a Google).

Petrakov will do his home work, and will have a game plan (I think the first 20 minutes of this game are probably going to be the most important!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...