Play Off Picture - Page 32 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Picture

Toepoke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Are you saying they could start an argument in an empty message board? 😉

😂

I dont know about an empty message board ,  but there is a lot of noise on this male dominated board and you know what they say about empty vessels 😬

Anyway, the play off picture………

Just had a look back at the tables. If my calculations are correct, had we ended up drawing the Denmark game 1-1 we would have missed out on a seeding to Wales, on goals scored, by one goal!  How galling would that've been? 😝

Edited by todd
Stuff

3 minutes ago, todd said:

Just had a look back at the tables. If my calculations are correct, had we ended up drawing the Denmark game 1-1 we would have missed out on a seeding to Wales, on goals scored, by one goal!  How galling would that've been? 😝

We’d still have finished above Turkey on GD though and taken the last seeded place. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

We’d still have finished above Turkey on GD though and taken the last seeded place. 

Oh yeah, on closer inspection I see that. I'd seen that they'd scored 27 goals so didn't delve any further, not realising 9 of them were against the bottom team! Think I'm still just programmed to think we're only a baw hair away from getting screwed over at every opportunity 😁

Edited by todd
T

On 11/18/2021 at 11:32 AM, Stockholm 1980 said:

Wish the draw was today and not next Friday

Unusually, they've scheduled the draw a fair period of time after the last games.

I imagine FIFA are busy figuring out how to ensure Italy, Portugal (Ronaldo) and Poland (Lewandowski) all get through.

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Unusually, they've scheduled the draw a fair period of time after the last games.

I imagine FIFA are busy figuring out how to ensure Italy, Portugal (Ronaldo) and Poland (Lewandowski) all get through.

Well they will have to go through us first, on, and oFF the park !! Fuck them, fuck them all. I fear nae cunt !!!! Come ahead, we are Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well they will have to go through us first, on, and oFF the park !! Fuck them, fuck them all. I fear nae cunt !!!! Come ahead, we are Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

What do you mean by off the park?

I see some Czech player is mouthing off about hoping they get us as we are the weakest team and they beat us easily at Hampden in the euros.  Are these arseholes we hear from before our games genuinely that arsey and disrespectful? Or is it just perhaps a bit lost in translation 🤔  We should maybe start being the same instead of saying how much we respect the opposition and how we hope we get a positive result!

30 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Typical Czech fan, player is probably unaware of our improvement since the Euros, their management won't be as ignorant. We might be seen as the weakest seeded team but not by much by the majority of people who follow the game. 

Quite suits me if other teams' players want to underestimate us and want us in the draw. Since the Euros we've upgraded our side and I can't see us gifting them another goal in the way we did. On top of that facing us in front of 50,000 instead of 10,000 fans is a bit different too.

1 minute ago, McTeeko said:

Is there anything to stop them switching it to the Millennium Stadium? 🤞🏼

A Welsh journalist has said that they definitely won't do that, they have a great record at Cardiff City Stadium, and don't want to move the game, he says there's no chance of it being moved.

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

A Welsh journalist has said that they definitely won't do that, they have a great record at Cardiff City Stadium, and don't want to move the game, he says there's no chance of it being moved.

Ach that’s baws then. I’d take that right now - Wales away in a packed Millenium in a one-off game to get to the WC. Would be some night! 🥵

Edit: Just googled the respective capacity of each stadium there - didn’t even realise it’s no called the Millennium Stadium these days. 

Edited by McTeeko

14 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Typical Czech fan, player is probably unaware of our improvement since the Euros, their management won't be as ignorant. We might be seen as the weakest seeded team but not by much by the majority of people who follow the game. 

I know Ukrainian football media is full of people who view us in a similar light (Sports Journalist I know in Kyiv DM'd me on Facebook the other day asking who Scotland want), and apparently the Ukraine manager has even hinted that we are their big hope for Friday's draw.

Like it or not, for the unseeded teams the thought of going to Glasgow against a game in Rome or Lisbon certainly has its appeal.