Play Off Picture - Page 38 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Picture

Toepoke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Happy with the draw but very cautious.  Ukraine aren't what they were when we last played them . Still a decent side . 

Wales in Cardiff would be tough but cross that bridge when we get to it 

its called the severn bridge and its quite long as far as i am aware lol

Thankfully Gareth Bale seems happy enough to sit by the pool in Madrid picking up his fat pay cheque every week whether he's playing or not. I read that his agent had claimed in the press this week that 'Real Madrid had treated him disgustingly'. Must be a tough life out there. Hopefully he doesn't get a loan move in January with a view to getting his match fitness up. 

Have a sneaky feeling Austria will get their act together when it counts and do this business in Cardiff. 

Edited by Saint4805

4 minutes ago, Saint4805 said:

Thankfully Gareth Bale seems happy enough to sit by the pool in Madrid picking up his fat pay cheque every week whether he's playing or not. Hopefully he doesn't get a loan move in January with a view to getting his match fitness up. 

Have a sneaky feeling Austria will get their act together when it counts and do this business in Cardiff. 

Hopefully he picks up an injury before the play offs. Hes a real game changer and without him I give us a much better chance of beating him wales. 

While the lack of home draw for the potential final is a slight disappointment, I think we’ve got to be pretty happy overall.

An away game in Cardiff or Vienna wouldn’t be easy but it’s not supposed to be at this stage. I’d also fancy our chances better at any of those 2 venues when compared to Kiev if they had Austria/Ukraine had come out the other way around. 

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hopefully he picks up an injury before the play offs. Hes a real game changer and without him I give us a much better chance of beating him wales. 

Wales have a few decent youngsters like  Nico Williams but aside from that they are predominantly a two man team with Bale and Ramsay their talismen. Also, we've got McGinn. 

Edited by Saint4805

8 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

If somebody offered me those 2 games to qualify for the World Cup at the start of the qualifying campaign I would have snapped their hand off.

100%. Remember we don’t even have to win them, just draw and win the penalty shootout.

Did it twice before.

J

Please god not Cardiff. I could not survive another defeat in the pishin rain there in March. If we get past Ukraine would much prefer Austria. Particularly so given I was looking forward to Vienna in the group stages before Covid struck.
Decent draw though. 

17 minutes ago, Saint4805 said:

Wales have a few decent youngsters like  Nico Williams but aside from that they are predominantly a two man team with Bale and Ramsay their talismen. Also, we've got McGinn. 

I would say thats a little unfair. They have a decent squad with guys playing for epl sides and championship sides looking for promotion. Going to be a tough game regardless of whether bale plays. However they are definitely a beatable team for us. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

What are you basing that on?

For the qualifiers FIFA only stipulate that the away team be given a “reasonable number” of tickets. I’m not sure if the playoffs will be any different. 

Used to be 10% for World Cup qualifiers and 5% for Euros qualifiers I think but there doesn’t seem to be a minimum percentage any more. 

I foolishly thought as it was a 1 legged  play off then FiFA would play fair and give us at least 10% 🙄

1 minute ago, stirlish said:

I foolishly thought as it was a 1 legged  play off then FiFA would play fair and give us at least 10% 🙄

They might. Who knows?

If they follow the same rules as the qualifiers then they will only get involved if the SFA complain that they don’t feel our allocation is a reasonable amount. Whatever that means anyway.

Hopefully we’ll be told soon. 

16 minutes ago, todd said:

Against a Belgium team that had already qualified? The way we played against Denmark, definitely!

Still a good result. Denmark had already qualified as well. Wales beat belgium to get to the euros semis back in 2016 as well. They are a good side with some decent players. Obviously bale and Ramsay are their big guns but they have some good players who play epl or have played epl football. If it was at Hampden I would give us the edge.