Play Off Picture - Page 36 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Picture

Toepoke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would've bitten your hand off for that draw.

Fancy us to take care of Ukraine at Hampden then a difficult but winnable final.

Hopefully Clarke will have us battering down the wings to stick crosses in for Dykes - some of the Ukraine defending of aerial balls in that Euros quarter with England was Sunday league stuff.

1 minute ago, weekevie04 said:

Being in Cardiff and seeing us win could potentially be the best feeling in the world!

Being in Cardiff and seeing us lose would without doubt be the worst feeling the world!

Possibly just a bad group but I remember the Welsh being really bad winners back in 2012 at Cardiff. Goading relentlessly way after the game had finished.

I will love it if we beat them, love it.

4 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

Would've bitten your hand off for that draw.

Fancy us to take care of Ukraine at Hampden then a difficult but winnable final.

Hopefully Clarke will have us battering down the wings to stick crosses in for Dykes - some of the Ukraine defending of aerial balls in that Euros quarter with England was Sunday league stuff.

It's one of the best outcomes we could of hoped for. Still going to be tough, both Ukraine and Wales will fancy their chances against us. 

4 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

Possibly just a bad group but I remember the Welsh being really bad winners back in 2012 at Cardiff. Goading relentlessly way after the game had finished.

I will love it if we beat them, love it.

I've had the same experience with them as well.

Met rugby fans in Amsterdam about 12 years ago, we were on a stag and a bit rowdy/silly laddies but nothing crazy. Met about 10 Irish rugby fans and 10 Welsh ones - they might have been playing each other in the Six Nations, and the Irish won? Cannae mind, but the Irish lads (who identified as Irish but had NI accents) were totally great, and a good laugh. The Welsh were basically like mini-English louts.

Met some of their fans at that awful game in 2012 and again, I was just surprised at how "English" they are culturally, that superior, belittling opponents when down, I just don't identify with that at all, and I know there's a lot of criticism directed at us and the Irish for 'the wha's like us' or the Irish version 'they will party no matter the score,' etc ; but give me that pleasantry than having to speak to some boring, arrogant windbag who's just moaning and belittling you or your country for being shite.

And its not all Wales, I went to Bala and the west/north-west parts in 2015 and everyone was amazing, and really friendly. Their sports fans tend to be more like the English, IMO

4 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

I've had the same experience with them as well.

Met rugby fans in Amsterdam about 12 years ago, we were on a stag and a bit rowdy/silly laddies but nothing crazy. Met about 10 Irish rugby fans and 10 Welsh ones - they might have been playing each other in the Six Nations, and the Irish won? Cannae mind, but the Irish lads (who identified as Irish but had NI accents) were totally great, and a good laugh. The Welsh were basically like mini-English louts.

Met some of their fans at that awful game in 2012 and again, I was just surprised at how "English" they are culturally, that superior, belittling opponents when down, I just don't identify with that at all, and I know there's a lot of criticism directed at us and the Irish for 'the wha's like us' or the Irish version 'they will party no matter the score,' etc ; but give me that pleasantry than having to speak to some boring, arrogant windbag who's just moaning and belittling you or your country for being shite.

And its not all Wales, I went to Bala and the west/north-west parts in 2015 and everyone was amazing, and really friendly. Their sports fans tend to be more like the English, IMO

Exactly my experience!

Been to Wales plenty of times - lovely people, very welcoming but terrible winners.

Have never understood this mentality of trying to belittle folk who haven't done anything to you.