Play Off Picture - Page 33 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Picture

Toepoke

On 11/23/2021 at 9:23 AM, Orraloon said:

I would think most of the unseeded teams would be hoping to get us or Wales. 

You’d have to admit us more than Wales. Would have a huge feeling of dread drawing them especially in wales. Let’s be honest if Bale turned up he could win the game quite easily.If we got them in the final the occasion would be massive though.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, JECK said:

You’d have to admit us more than Wales. Would have a huge feeling of dread drawing them especially in wales. Let’s be honest if Bale turned up he could win the game quite easily.If we got them in the final the occasion would be massive though.

It’s a sad day when some of us are scared of playing Wales. Bale is well past his best. 

57 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It’s a sad day when some of us are scared of playing Wales. Bale is well past his best. 

And hopefully we've learned now, if theres a player running the show, gie him a kick, get him oot the game. I'd love to knock either Wales or Italy out, I'll be happy with either. 

6 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

There are many reasons to fear Wales - not just Gareth Bale. Their recent record at major tournaments knocks spots off what we have ever achieved. That alone speaks volumes. You may be able to fluke one good run at a major tournament but not two.

Aging team now though and Bale is picking up a lot of injuries. 

I'd love them a in the final. 

26 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah that won't wash just now. That ageing team a few months ago still progressed past the group stages of the Euros.

I would not complain about getting them in the Final at Hampden though.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

15 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

You can respect a team. If you fear them, you will lose. 

We were conned out of a win against them when they had peak Bale. If we play to form we’d give them a bit of a doing. 

And you can think you can win games without trash talking the opposition. The thing is we heard many on here pre-Denmark match saying they saw no way of us beating Denmark yet Denmark have a poorer record in the Euros over the last two tournaments compared to Wales. That tells me Wales are better than many on here think but dare not admit it. We have a tightly knit squad with a great team spirit and growing belief and so have Wales with greater belief and the confidence their results have given them over the last few years.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Their oldest player is Hennessey at 34 year old, vast majority of their team is well under the age of 30..... 

16 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Very true.

Average Age of Scotland Squad in Euro 2020 was 26.84 years old

Average age of Wales Squad in Euro 2020 was 25.57 years old.

Yeah, I think people assume they have an aging squad because of guys like Allen, Ramsey and Bale etc but these guys were VERY young when they made their debuts, so does feel like they have been around for a life time..... 

Ethan Ampadu, only just turned 21 and has more caps for Wales than Stuart Armstrong has for us.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And you can think you can win games without trash talking the opposition. The thing is we heard many on here pre-Denmark match saying they saw no way of us beating Denmark yet Denmark have a poorer record in the Euros over the last two tournaments compared to Wales. That tells me Wales are better than many on here think but dare not admit it. We have a tightly knit squad with a great team spirit and growing belief and so have Wales with greater belief and the confidence their results have given them over the last few years.

Most recent one - Denmark 4 Wales 0.

23 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Poland manager saying he wants us in the semi's and then Sweden in the final.

It's OK for us supporters to say stuff like that, but when managers come out with it, that just shows how feart they are to take on the "big boys". It's OK for him to think that, but saying it out loud could dent the confidence of some of his players.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

It's OK for us supporters to say stuff like that, but when managers come out with it, that just shows how feart they are to take on the "big boys". It's OK for him to think that, but saying it out loud could dent the confidence of some of his players.

Suppose when the press ask the question who they would like, naturally you would go for the weakest on paper (like everyone here is doing with North Macedonia), and just the way the unseeded teams are thinking as Czech manager has said the exact same, and Ukrainian sports journalists are calling us their dream draw.

Sure Clarke has a idea of who he would like, difference being he is keeping it to himself (not seen him name a actual team yet, but swerve the question when asked).

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Recent stats for us against Wales would fill no one with confidence. Over the last 25 years our record is:-

PLD     W     D     L     F     A

6        1      0     5     5     13

What your not taking into account is that we probably have our best team in 25 years