Play Off Picture - Page 24 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Picture

Toepoke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Templeton_Peck said:

That performance was unbelievable.

Without Hanley, Hendry, Mctominay, Paterson and Dykes..

We have real depth now. 

John Souttar to come in and play like that was unreal. Also Callym McGregor was unreal. Fuck it all them were. 

Do we play Cooper and Souttar ahead of Hanley and Hendry in the playoff? I think I would

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Still not getting this play off thing.  Sure we could get a seeded team in the final if we get there? Like an Italy?

Yes, but crucially we have a home semi v an unseeded team.

One game at a time, who saw Serbia beating Norway in Oslo on our way to Euro 2020?

Whos to say Italy don’t crash out in the semis?

J

47 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Yes, but crucially we have a home semi v an unseeded team.

One game at a time, who saw Serbia beating Norway in Oslo on our way to Euro 2020?

Whos to say Italy don’t crash out in the semis?

J

Norn Iron held them to a draw tonight and they haven't been as good as they were at the Euros so we should not fear them.

20 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Edit: hold on- do 2 come in from the nations league?

Yes. I think Wales & Austria.

So 3 qualify from 12 (3 mini tournaments of 4)

We could possibly play recent rivals Austria or Czech Republic 

Netherlands still in the mix, Turkey or Norway,...

Edited by exile

2 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Not as mental as a Ukraine win tomorrow night and they’ll be in the play offs with only 2 wins from their group games. 

And the odds of drawing them in the semi would be ever so slightly higher due to the Ukraine-Russia prohibited fixture meaning they could only play 5 of the 6 seeded teams. Also means if we did get Ukraine in the semi we wouldn't be playing Russia in the final which then makes Portugal and Italy more likely... 😕 

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Jack gets nowhere near that side. This Scotland team has gone up a level since he last played

A fit Jack more than warrants a squad place. If he gets back to his best form then he has a chance of a start. He is an excellent option to have. Clarke is very good at using the full squad. 

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

A fit Jack more than warrants a squad place. If he gets back to his best form then he has a chance of a start. He is an excellent option to have. Clarke is very good at using the full squad. 

I disagree, Jack would get on the squad but he would now be back up behind mctominay. Our midfield starters are mcgregor, gimour and mcginn. 

That's assuming Jack comes back as the same player after such a lengthy lay off.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I disagree, Jack would get on the squad but he would now be back up behind mctominay. Our midfield starters are mcgregor, gimour and mcginn. 

That's assuming Jack comes back as the same player after such a lengthy lay off.

Yes. It’s a different landscape now. We now have strength in depth. Great place to be for Clarke.