Play Off Picture - Page 19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Picture

Toepoke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JandC said:

Really poor goal for Russia to concede but Croatia have been the better side.

Wouldn't want Russia away! But then again, wouldn’t want Croatia either so doesn’t really matter 

I’d rather get Russia in the playoffs than Croatia so I won’t be disappointed if it stays 1-0. 

Russia had to win to give us a better chance of being seeded and that was never really on the cards. 

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Croatia lead 1-0. To be honest I'd sooner face Russia then Croatia in the play-offs. Knowing our luck we'll win tomorrow knocking Russia down into the unseeded teams then draw them.

Russia at Hampden wouldn’t be a disaster. I know we lost to them at home in 2019 but we looked pretty good until we took the lead and did our usual sitting back instead of going for a second. We played pretty well at 2-1 down as well I thought and could have grabbed an equaliser. 

The less said about our performance in Russia the better. 

12 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Russia at Hampden wouldn’t be a disaster. I know we lost to them at home in 2019 but we looked pretty good until we took the lead and did our usual sitting back instead of going for a second. We played pretty well at 2-1 down as well I thought and could have grabbed an equaliser. 

The less said about our performance in Russia the better. 

And they will have two players out through suspension.

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Here's another interesting one. 

Wales 0 Belgium 0

Scotland 1 Denmark 1

Once again we would lose out on the away goals rule. This away goals thing is going to get us. It's got "It's The Scotland Way" written all over it.😂

You said the same that we would slip up against Faroes (away). We didn't. Then it was Moldova (away). We didn't. You are like the weekly newspaper report warning of snow-magheddon and the only flake you end up seeing is in a sweet shop.😉

Edited by Caledonian Craig

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Here's another interesting one. 

Wales 0 Belgium 0

Scotland 1 Denmark 1

Once again we would lose out on the away goals rule. This away goals thing is going to get us. It's got "It's The Scotland Way" written all over it.😂

In that scenario if Spain beat Sweden 2-0 tonight, and as long as Turkey don't beat Montenegro by 4 we'd actually be seeded.

7 minutes ago, TartanSpice said:

In that scenario if Spain beat Sweden 2-0 tonight, and as long as Turkey don't beat Montenegro by 4 we'd actually be seeded.

Spain will win 3-1.

I tell ye, this away goals rule was invented especially to noble Scotland. Of that I have no doubt. 🤣

We are going to beat Denmark so all this number crunching won't matter anyway. 😉

Looking more and more likely that 15 points with a better GD will get you seeded 

Haven’t done the Math’s as my heed is hurting with too many permutations but 14pts unlikely to get you seeded now ?? 

1 minute ago, broraboy said:

Looking more and more likely that 15 points with a better GD will get you seeded 

Haven’t done the Math’s as my heed is hurting with too many permutations but 14pts unlikely to get you seeded now ?? 

Very unlikely but still possible.

4 minutes ago, broraboy said:

We’d need 4 or 5 results (with at least a couple of them unlikely) to go our way I think. So unlikely it’s probably not even worth trying to work out. 

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Spain will win 3-1.

I tell ye, this away goals rule was invented especially to noble Scotland. Of that I have no doubt. 🤣

We are going to beat Denmark so all this number crunching won't matter anyway. 😉

Years of following Scotland has rendered you a paranoid wreck. 

2 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Yeh, if we lose it's pretty much impossible.

Would need Wales to lose to Belgium by more than we lose to Denmark, AND for Czech Rep not to beat Estonia AND Turkey to not beat Montenegro AND Noway to not beat Holland or beat Holland by 6 AND Finland to not beat France by 2, and that's assuming we only lost by 1.

A few of those might happen, but the odds of them all must be astronomical. 

A point tomorrow is vital and then it's just a case of seeing what happens on Tuesday. Or we win and it doesn't matter. ☺️