Scotland v The Faroe Islands - Page 19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v The Faroe Islands

Caledonian Craig

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

My opinion of Che Adams is entirely based on what he's done on the football pitch.

I have yet to see him doing anything remarkable. In 3 years of watching him.

Yes, he has a bit of pace, but that's pretty much it. He's only had one season were he's hit double figures. There's a reason for that.

If he was the next Michael Owen or Romario, I'd take to him, instantly. But the truth is that he was probably England's 20th choice striker. 

Along with Dykes I reckon he is the best we have got. Who would you start upfront for Scotland?

29 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Not sure if someone who stated, due to non-footballing reasons, that they might 'throw the towel in' and might 'chuck posting on here' if Adams started/was on the bench against Austria qualifies as having a unbiased opinion. 

Because human being are able to evolve, grow and change their opinion. 

I remember Duncan Ferguson doing an interview where he said that in Scotland you aren't allowed to change. He was always going to be tagged with the "Duncan Dosorderly" tag if he lived his whole life in Scotland. 

You just backed up his claim.

Edited by Taylor1996

4 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Because human being are able to evolve, grow and change their opinion. 

I remember Duncan Ferguson doing an interview where he said that in Scotland you aren't allowed to change. He was always going to be tagged with the "Duncan Dosorderly" tag if he lived his whole life in Scotland. 

You just backed up his claim.

Of course you can change. Changing your opinion, listening to others and taking opposing opinions on board is healthy. 

I’m saying that it’s likely that your original bias against him is probably distorting your opinion on him. 

9 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Of course you can change. Changing your opinion, listening to others and taking opposing opinions on board is healthy. 

I’m saying that it’s likely that your original bias against him is probably distorting your opinion on him. 

It is.

Trust me. I've accepted Che Adams in a Scotland shirt. I have no other choice but to.

From here on in I'll judge him on the football park. As well as his previous performances on a pitch.