Scotland v The Faroe Islands - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v The Faroe Islands

Caledonian Craig

Frustration is the main feeling from these three games. Austria, I thought, were disappointing against us. Those dropped points may come back to haunt us. And if we hadn't decided to go AWOL in the first half against Israel the result could have been the one we wanted and needed. Okay we are in second spot now but it could have been far healthier but suppose it could have been worse too.

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's am 8 goal swing against Austria. could be worth the equivalent half a point as long as we don't do anything daft like lose 6-0 to Denmark

Genuinely can't see a Steve Clarke side losing 6-0 against anyone

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Frustration is the main feeling from these three games. Austria, I thought, were disappointing against us. Those dropped points may come back to haunt us. And if we hadn't decided to go AWOL in the first half against Israel the result could have been the one we wanted and needed. Okay we are in second spot now but it could have been far healthier but suppose it could have been worse too.

2nd place is anyone's is what I'm taking from the first three games

59 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I think the formation is working. When we have the ball we effectively have 1 defender. 

What we are really lacking id a centre mid who can slot a pass through the lines. Much like Gilmour can do. McGreggor and McLean will always play the safe pass out wide, and not quickly at that.

That would be McTominay or McGinn surely ?

10 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

This is definitely a good Scotland squad, but we were slow starting against Austria and poor for the most part against Israel. If we want to qualify or at least improve in ranking and move up pots we need to be more consistent and play to our potential 

Agree. We need to be able to link up passes against stronger teams , whilst it is great to see a few goals tonight we struggle to play slick football against tougher opposition,  and end up nowhere. 
 Hopefully though the goals tonight will have boosted the confidence,  and mentally its good to finish the 3 games on a high. 

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's an 8 goal swing against Austria. could be worth the equivalent of half a point as long as we don't do anything daft like lose 6-0 to Denmark

Could be.

God result for Macedonia in Duisburg - bet we get Germany in the play-offs!

Edited by Duncan Blackheart

Guest Scot1

Not his biggest fan but I though Maclean was decent tonight. Robertson too played well. McTominay makes a big difference to us at the back. But I still want him in midfield. Hanley didn’t do anything wrong but I still prefer Gallagher in there if fit and available. We did look quite small at set pieces against the Faroes tonight.

Obviously Tierney and McGinn being the standouts, hard to choose my MotM between them. I’d probably go with Tierney, involved in just about everything good from Scotland tonight 

Edited by Scot1

2 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Not his biggest fan but I though Maclean was decent tonight. Robertson too played well. McTominay makes a big difference to us at the back. But I still want him in midfield. Hanley didn’t do anything wrong but I still prefer Gallagher in there if fit and available. We did look quite small at set pieces against the Faroes tonight.

it was the faroes tbf. i think we should all bear that in mind

Guest Scot1
2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

it was the faroes tbf. i think we should all bear that in mind

Indeed, but it’s fair to praise the players when they’ve been decent

11 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Obviously Tierney and McGinn being the standouts, hard to choose my MotM between them. I’d probably go with Tierney, involved in just about everything good from Scotland tonight 

Think Clarke sees him as a steady player in midfield. Could maybe have done with him in Israel game on reflection