Scotland v The Faroe Islands - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v The Faroe Islands

Caledonian Craig

54 minutes ago, slasher said:

Nobody is saying Adams is the new Ken Dalglish, we are however saying that McBurnie couldnae trap a bag of cement or score in a barrel of fannies! 

And Adams can?

There was a moment in the match where someone crossed the ball from the right, Adams stuck his leg out to control it, only for the ball to go go out for a goal kick.

I'm tempted to download the match and cut out a highlight reel of Adams's screw ups. 

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

Totally agree.McBurnie. has been dedicated to Scotland.I really don't understand why a goal against the Faroes suddenly makes Adams a nailed on starter for the euros.It was only a few months ago that Dykes was being heralded as the answer after scoring a couple of goals.I am quite willing to listen to anybody that can explain exactly what they have seen from Adams that has elevated him to the top man.

i am not saying adams is a nailed on starter but i would say him and dykes are the main contenders for the striker spot and adams is alot better than mcburnie, anyone who watches them for a couple of matches will see the big difference in ability not to mention hes scored and assisted in just 3 matches for us.

Also no one ever heralded dykes as the answer, everybody has been pleasantly surprised by how well dykes has played considering hes only ever played spl and championship football but most ppl accept that we need more strikers who are good enough for international football and Adams easily fits the bill in this regard.

6 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

And Adams can?

There was a moment in the match where someone crossed the ball from the right, Adams stuck his leg out to control it, only for the ball to go go out for a goal kick.

I'm tempted to download the match and cut out a highlight reel of Adams's screw ups. 

Go for it. While you’re at it download his link up play at our goals and his goal itself. 

Make sure you download all McBurnies goals and assists in his 16 caps too. Oh wait, there won’t be any. 

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Is this a tamb first, someone threatening to make a highlight reel of a players screw ups to make a point. 🤣🤣

Knock yourself out chripper

But Chripper and The Dark Knight both give approval emojis to Taylor’s suggestion so it must be a good idea. 

46 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

But Chripper and The Dark Knight both give approval emojis to Taylor’s suggestion so it must be a good idea. 

Yeah. That makes the world of sense.

The person, or persons that are doing it, are doing it with the expressed intentions of driving me away.

Luckily In this place (unlike P&B), negative emojis add up to a positive count. So whoever's is doing it isn't doing a good job.

Hell, that's one reason I'm still posting. Irony is fun.

And by the way, you two are suspects. Can't go a day without stalking me.

Edited by Taylor1996

10 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

And Adams can?

Adam's screw ups ? The lad was starting only his 2nd international game , I think you need to give him the benefit of the doubt . All players need time to settle in 

31 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Adam's screw ups ? The lad was starting only his 2nd international game , I think you need to give him the benefit of the doubt . All players need time to settle in 

He can’t. 

He said he didn’t want him in the squad because he knocked us back so now can’t be objective in terms of his performances. 

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

He can’t. 

He said he didn’t want him in the squad because he knocked us back so now can’t be objective in terms of his performances. 

Talk about hitting a nail on the head, it's not just Taylor who can't be objective, its half the forum.

Thats why I like stats, they don't lie. How you interpret them how ever is another  matter

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

He can’t. 

Oh.

I'm being objective.

I've watched him enough to know if he's a player or not. 

He is not.

15 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Aye sure ye are🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Go on then I'm listening.Tell us all exactly what you have seen in Adams time on the park that makes you think he is the answer.Even if you think he could be a good player for us,how can you make the judgement on one full game....against the Faroes.Senseless.

13 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Oh.

I'm being objective.

I've watched him enough to know if he's a player or not. 

He is not.

Adams is a level above Dykes. Dykes is a level above Nisbet, Shankland etc. 

McBurnie is in a level of his own; Not international standard. 

It's funny seeing people actually defending McBurnie on here for a change.  :lol:

Maybe I'm being harsh but I thought Adams' first touch looked a bit poor on a couple of occasions. Even for his goal, I initially thought he let the ball run away from him (and really, the Faroes ought to have closed him down a lot quicker).

But overall, I was still quite impressed by him. He's clearly strong, has a decent turn of pace, seems to be able to read the game and can bring others into play (see his assist for Fraser's goal against Israel). All in all I think he's done well in his three games so far.

25 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Go on then I'm listening.Tell us all exactly what you have seen in Adams time on the park that makes you think he is the answer.Even if you think he could be a good player for us,how can you make the judgement on one full game....against the Faroes.Senseless.

The answer to what? Our goalscoring issues or our overall poor performances, we'll he is neither but I've seen enough of him to decide he is better than what we have at the moment so I'm happy for him to play upfront till we find someone better. His link up play and movement are better than mcburnie, dykes is a stronger more physical player, I think both could play together.

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The answer to what? Our goalscoring issues or our overall poor performances, we'll he is neither but I've seen enough of him to decide he is better than what we have at the moment so I'm happy for him to play upfront till we find someone better. His link up play and movement are better than mcburnie, dykes is a stronger more physical player, I think both could play together.

Can't see it myself,but hey that's what opinions are all about.Not sure I saw too much in the Faroes match to suggest Adams and Dykes would be a good combination.Still,one thing I'm sure we can agree on,is that we both want to see the best Scotland side possible playing at the euros,and that results are positive for us.SCOTLAND FOREVER.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nobody unless they are on the wind up can think McBurnie is a better option than Adams. 

Having a different opinion doesnt automatically equate to "being on the wind up". 

Once upon a time I suggested in this place that we play a back three. Apparently, I was on the "wind up". How did that work out?

McBurnie would be higher on my list than Adams. Without question.

3 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Having a different opinion doesnt automatically equate to "being on the wind up". 

Once upon a time I suggested in this place that we play a back three. Apparently, I was on the "wind up". How did that work out?

McBurnie would be higher on my list than Adams. Without question.

How did it work out chripper? I'd love to hear all about it.