Scotland v The Faroe Islands - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v The Faroe Islands

Caledonian Craig

9 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

mctominay looked good in defence. he is excellent at carrying the ball out from the back and can pick a pass out as well.

Aye not saying he was bad, just a waste of his talents, especially the amount of goals he's scoring for Its this year.

8 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Yes.    We're not playing fukkin rugby.     Hardly put a ball wrong, but never put one right.

1 minute ago, Kirk said:

Aye not saying he was bad, just a waste of his talents, especially the amount of goals he's scoring for Its this year.

Sorry, Kirk - I was talking about McGregor.   He just doesn't have a cutting edge for Scotland.    

McTominay is possibly going to win a record amount of caps for us and I'll be happy to see him play them all. 

1 minute ago, OLAS said:

Sorry, Kirk - I was talking about McGregor.   He just doesn't have a cutting edge for Scotland.    

McTominay is possibly going to win a record amount of caps for us and I'll be happy to see him play them all. 

Played Tierney in for the opener. 🤣

9 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I also wonder if McBurnie getting brought on after Nisbet is a sign his place is not as secure as it once was.

Probably more to see what Nisbet was like at international football. Not much if you only see him touch the ball 6 times and make 3 passes in 25 minutes

For the McBurnie haters in 5 minutes less time he had 12 touches, made 8 passes, one tackle and 2 clearances.

Probably his best performance yet in a Scotland shirt.

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Probably more to see what Nisbet was like at international football. Not much if you only see him touch the ball 6 times and make 3 passes in 25 minutes

For the McBurnie haters in 5 minutes less time he had 12 touches, made 8 passes, one tackle and 2 clearances.

Probably his best performance yet in a Scotland shirt.

Did you actually watch it? 

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

He provided the assist

C'mon.   Yer grasping.     Take the Celtic hat off.     Is McGregor good enough to enhance Scotland? 

I think he's a good player but he needs guys that he knows around and ahead of him.     He's the new shite Paul McStay. 

Edited by OLAS
r

29 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

mctominay looked good in defence. he is excellent at carrying the ball out from the back and can pick a pass out as well.

Aye, but again tonight he doesn't close players down quick enuf. Their great chance in first hay should have been closed down quicker my mctom.

18 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Yeah sorry I quoted and didn't type, totally agree. He just doesn't seem at it at all. I've never been a huge fan of him, even when he was playing better for Celtic. Total passenger for Scotland though

1 hour ago, fringo said:

That would be McTominay or McGinn surely ?

McTom is brilliant at it but his range of passing from the back is a great weapon. As it Tierneys.

Im not sure McGinn can slot the passes quite so good from CM. His strengths are more receiving the pass.

Gilmour is excellent at it. 

Adams goal shows what im talking about. An opposition can get comfortable when the ball is just being shifted side to side but when somebody chucks in a slotted pass at the right time it can open a game up.

12 minutes ago, OLAS said:

C'mon.   Yer grasping.     Take the Celtic hat off.     Is McGregor good enough to enhance Scotland? 

I think he's a good player but he needs guys that he knows around and ahead of him.     He's the new shite Paul McStay. 

I'm not grasping and the only hat I would have on would be a Scotland one. 🙄

The space in any game like that is always out wide. Neither McGregor or McLean did anything wrong and your critique is unjust imo

17 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Yeah sorry I quoted and didn't type, totally agree. He just doesn't seem at it at all. I've never been a huge fan of him, even when he was playing better for Celtic. Total passenger for Scotland though

????

15 minutes ago, slasher said:

I'm not grasping and the only hat I would have on would be a Scotland one. 🙄

The space in any game like that is always out wide. Neither McGregor or McLean did anything wrong and your critique is unjust imo

I agree with you on McGregor and McLean. Both technical players who can take the ball under pressure and keep it. That is important in football and some fans don’t grasp that. Seem to measure players on just goals and assists from all players.

I think Gilmour will be / is better than both but no doubt Scotland some fans will eventually dislike him as well😂

21 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

I thought Dykes and Adams looked like a decent partnership considering it was their first time playing together. 

I'm still not convinced that Dykes is international standard. Seems to get credited with "good movement" a lot but not sure what else he does.

He hasn't actually had an attempt at goal in our world cup games so far. He isn't winning much in the air and his hold up play isn't that great.

Maybe Adams  should get his role and have a more complete player like Fraser, Chrisite or Turnbull playing beside him.

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I'm still not convinced that Dykes is international standard. Seems to get credited with "good movement" a lot but not sure what else he does.

He hasn't actually had an attempt at goal in our world cup games so far. He isn't winning much in the air and his hold up play isn't that great.

Maybe Adams  should get his role and have a more complete player like Fraser, Chrisite or Turnbull playing beside him.

Dykes was poor again. Looks so heavy legged compared with Adams

37 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

I thought Dykes and Adams looked like a decent partnership considering it was their first time playing together. 

I agree. I wasn't shocked at all Clarke played them tonight as ideal sort of game to test it out in match you'll dominate terrority and possession.

Now the crux for Clarke....how to fit them in against better teams. I don't expect them to play together in any of the three matches in the summer. Perhaps v Czechs but watching them last night v Wales they are very compact and physical in central midfield so really don't think unloading midfield is a good idea for that.

I think it's a must they start at home to Israel and I'd even do it away to Austria tbh, less so Denmark given how good they are in central midfield.

That's the next step really, remaning compact ish but also having a genuine threat in final third v better quality teams.

OT but that North Macedonian win in Germany was something. The first WC qualifier they have lost since the 5-1 by England in 2001 !! I think they have only dropped qualifying points when ROI and Poland took 4 &3 off them in our European qualifying group 2016(?)