Scotland v The Faroe Islands - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v The Faroe Islands

Caledonian Craig

Kierney magical.   Absolutely rapid.  He's improved since he left Celtic. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  This was Faroe Islands.   They might have improved but so have we, and have the rest of European football as well. 

The games should be judged against are the two we recently played. 

All that said, it's not beyond us to win in Denmark and that could set us up for a final showdown - with fans -  against the Danes at Hampden.     'mind that Italy atmosphere?   

Just now, OLAS said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  This was Faroe Islands.   They might have improved but so have we, and have the rest of European football as well. 

All that said, it's not beyond us to win in Denmark and that could set us up for a final showdown - with fans -  against the Danes at Hampden.     'mind that Italy atmosphere?   

Cant remember the atmosphere but I can remember the result.

On 3/30/2021 at 12:10 PM, Taylor1996 said:

lol

For some (unfounded reason) I'm optimistic about this one. I think it'll be a four goal win, easily.

We're all being unduly harsh on Clarke. Progress is definitely being made. We ARE harder to score against and to beat. That's a foundation.

Never in doubt...

Another really strange performance. Only Tierney and maybe McTominay the stand outs. (2 of the back 3)

A win Is a win, though.

Edited by Taylor1996

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Nah Robertson is not as versatile as Tierney. If we ever do revert to a 4-4-2 though right now I'd take Tierney at left-back over Robertson.

Robbo is playing out of position for Tierney.    That's reasonably versatile for me.

I think we should have the best left sided team in Europe, but they aren't clicking all the time yet.      I think we want and need both as they are both outstanding players and cover amazingly.   It's just not brought the goals galore we wish for.        

2 minutes ago, OLAS said:

we aint beating denmark away. 

1 minute ago, OLAS said:

Robbo is playing out of position for Tierney.    That's reasonably versatile for me.

I think we should have the best left sided team in Europe, but they aren't clicking all the time yet.      I think we want and need both as they are both outstanding players and cover amazingly.   It's just not brought the goals galore we wish for.        

Robertson does not/has not played as left-centre back in a back three for Liverpool.

25 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

get 2nd place then get a favourable draw in the play offs and we might have a chance of going to the world cup

I want as many big guns to top their groups as possible - Spain, Germany, Netherlands. 

Austria, Czech Rep, Hungary and Wales all have play off spots should they need it. 

I am making the mistake I often criticize the English of and counting chickens before they have hatched. Group E in the qualifiers is interesting because Wales and Czech's already have play off spots meaning they don't really have much to play unless one of them can finish higher than Belgium.  Anyone know if Lewandowski is going to retire from Intentional football?

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

we aint beating denmark away. 

Mate, we'll be buzzing after the Euro Championship win.      Might have a hang-over, but sneak the 1-0 we need. 

Outfield players that didn't get a single minute: Considine, Taylor, Gallagher.

You'd think Gallagher not playing is partly due to not being match sharp/fit. But I'd probably take that to mean Considine and Taylor are the first on the chopping block for a 23 man Euros squad. 

I also wonder if McBurnie getting brought on after Nisbet is a sign his place is not as secure as it once was.

McGregor is shite 

Fraser canny cross a ball, managed to score again so sadly no dropping him.

Mcburnie is dung, used to try and give him benefit of the doubt but no he's shite.

McLean had a good solid game, good range of passing, no doubt he will be making the euros squad.

mctominey absolutely wasted at the back why no give one of the other defenders a game?

Tierney outstanding, if him and Robbo (who has been reasonably pish recently) can work on their interchanging a bit better we could be onto something as he won't drop either of them or change the formation so need to make it work.

The back 5 is shite overall, restricts us going forward, so many times the ball went up to one guy with no support at all.

1 minute ago, Kirk said:

McGregor is shite 

Fraser canny cross a ball, managed to score again so sadly no dropping him.

Mcburnie is dung, used to try and give him benefit of the doubt but no he's shite.

McLean had a good solid game, good range of passing, no doubt he will be making the euros squad.

mctominey absolutely wasted at the back why no give one of the other defenders a game?

Tierney outstanding, if him and Robbo (who has been reasonably pish recently) can work on their interchanging a bit better we could be onto something as he won't drop either of them or change the formation so need to make it work.

The back 5 is shite overall, restricts us going forward, so many times the ball went up to one guy with no support at all.

mctominay looked good in defence. he is excellent at carrying the ball out from the back and can pick a pass out as well.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Robertson does not/has not played as left-centre back in a back three for Liverpool.

This is the reason we've had this discussion for years.   What I'm saying is Robbo is versatile.     So is Tierney.   When you are that good at your job,  you typically are.  

6 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I also wonder if McBurnie getting brought on after Nisbet is a sign his place is not as secure as it once was.

You might be on to something.   Clarke taking certain players off pretty much cemented them in the Euro squad, which is pretty easy to predict at the moment.    I don't think McBurnie is getting in that.

It looks far away for Nisbet as well though.   Would prefer Shankland. 

1 minute ago, OLAS said:

You might be on to something.   Clarke taking certain players off pretty much cemented them in the Euro squad, which is pretty easy to predict at the moment.    I don't think McBurnie is getting in that.

I’d prefer Forrest over Shankland. 

1 minute ago, OLAS said:

Obviously we don't know how they did in training, but it is quite telling both got very few minutes against the Faroes and no other games. It could mean the door is still open for Griffiths, Shankland and Burke. But I reckon Clarke will probably already know the first 20 names on the squad list.

55 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

The next match day we play them away, a draw would be a good result.  Faroes and Israel appear decent, Moldova are not the team I was worried they were.

They’re our groups whipping boys so I’m definitely worried about Moldova 😵