Scotland v The Faroe Islands - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v The Faroe Islands

Caledonian Craig

Guest Scot1

I think we are still trying to get the ball forward too quickly. We need to get McGregor and Maclean on the ball more often, and play through the midfield. We need a bit more composure on the ball, stop trying to be so direct as often. Move the opposition about, stretch them with passing and movement, stop trying to go back to front so often, so quickly. 

Edited by Scot1

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Why on earth are we not playing 442 here. 

This is the Faroe Islands at home for Christ sake. 

Clearly we need high attacking wingers and not an additional player at the back! Fuck me. 

3-5-2 with KT and SM in defence is far more attacking than 4-4-2. 

I think the formation is working. When we have the ball we effectively have 1 defender. 

What we are really lacking id a centre mid who can slot a pass through the lines. Much like Gilmour can do. McGreggor and McLean will always play the safe pass out wide, and not quickly at that.

Guest Scot1
1 minute ago, Diamond Scot said:

I think the formation is working. When we have the ball we effectively have 1 defender. 

What we are really lacking id a centre mid who can slot a pass through the lines. Much like Gilmour can do. McGreggor and McLean will always play the safe pass out wide, and not quickly at that.

We need to learn to keep the ball, move and stretch teams, create the opening then attack.  Most teams now are no pushovers, we need to work them to get something from them. Patience, composure, pass and move.