Wednesday - 10pm - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wednesday - 10pm

GaryWood34

I seriously hope we’ve got 5 points at 10pm on Wednesday. At one point in the first half when out performance was horrendous and the news came through that the Faroes had gone 1-0 up I got a horrible feeling of dread....We were so bad in the first half I seriously considered not watching the Faroes game. 

The table could also be:

Denmark 7

Scotland 5

Austria 5

either way, it doesn’t look too bad on paper, it’s more the manner of performance. We will get hammered in the Euros if we play like we did for most of tonight.

2 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

I seriously hope we’ve got 5 points at 10pm on Wednesday. At one point in the first half when out performance was horrendous and the news came through that the Faroes had gone 1-0 up I got a horrible feeling of dread....We were so bad in the first half I seriously considered not watching the Faroes game. 

The table could also be:

Denmark 7

Scotland 5

Austria 5

either way, it doesn’t look too bad on paper, it’s more the manner of performance. We will get hammered in the Euros if we play like we did for most of tonight.

It doesn't look bad on paper, but we should be on 7, we essentially need to make up 2 points on Austria which means they drop dumb ass points or we beat them. I understand lots of football still to go, but we are already seeing signs of worry,.atleast for me.

If just looking at the table then it may be considered acceptable.

If however you are looking at the performances, and I can only assume some including the OP are not watching the games, then it is pretty apparent that as things stand we are no where near being good enough to qualify. This would likely include beating Austria away, beating Moldova home and away, beating Israel at home, and probably taking something off Denmark. That is assuming we take 6 points off Faroes. If you think we have a chance of doing all this after watching the games under Clarke then I'll have what you're having. 

16 hours ago, romanticscot said:

It doesn't look bad on paper, but we should be on 7, we essentially need to make up 2 points on Austria which means they drop dumb ass points or we beat them. I understand lots of football still to go, but we are already seeing signs of worry,.atleast for me.

It's funny before this started a lot of people were suggesting Austria might win the group.

Austria will see an away point against us as pretty good and fancy winning the group.

The old adage of being hard to beat, under Clarky we are hard to beat. if we beat Denmark at home and remain unbeaten for the rest of it then we qualify. Ah..., assuming we don't drop ANY points to the Faroes, Moldova and Israel at home.

And if my auntie had balls.... and all that.

When is that Moldova away match again? 😬😬

Hopefully we start with Adams & Nisbet upfront and go very attacking and properly go for the jugular to get some momentum.

It will be beyond soul destroying if we start with McBurnie upfront on his own and badly out of form players retain their place. 

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Hopefully we start with Adams & Nisbet upfront and go very attacking and properly go for the jugular to get some momentum.

It will be beyond soul destroying if we start with McBurnie upfront on his own and badly out of form players retain their place. 

Listening to Clarke prior to Israel game - there was a sense of loyalty with him saying fresh legs, 3 games coming close together, fresh legs etc 

Out of loyalty will he start McBurnie to try get him his 1st goal for Scotland? 
I certainly hope he doesn’t !! 

Read somewhere goal difference comes into it and unsure if points against the Minnow Team count but are Moldova the lowest ranked Team in our group? 

"Read somewhere goal difference comes into it and unsure if points against the Minnow Team count but are Moldova the lowest ranked Team in our group? "

Faroes are ranked lower but it is the bottom team's results that usually gets discarded. Don't think that is the case this time as all second placed teams get a play off spot. Normally only used to get rid of the worst second teams.

2 hours ago, broraboy said:

Listening to Clarke prior to Israel game - there was a sense of loyalty with him saying fresh legs, 3 games coming close together, fresh legs etc 

Out of loyalty will he start McBurnie to try get him his 1st goal for Scotland? 
I certainly hope he doesn’t !! 

Read somewhere goal difference comes into it and unsure if points against the Minnow Team count but are Moldova the lowest ranked Team in our group? 

Hopefully not. 

I’d like to see a 2 uptop with Adams and Nisbet and really go for it. 

Tierney playing tomorrow is unlikely to happen, Arsenal are apparently concerned with him playing three games in less than a week.We will get the win tomorrow but we just dont seem to learn in tactical approach, squad selection and attacking play, if you remove Clarke's stubbornness to stick with tried and true then you can address these issues.