Why the gloom? - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Why the gloom?

Big Ramy 1314

9 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The best result for us tonight is a Denmark win. Denmark are a cut above Austria and cannot see them dropping too many points so there is a far better potential for us finishing second above Austria who I was not overly impressed with against us. A draw would not be a bad result either but it keeps Austria far more in the hunt and ratchets the pressure up on us later on to pick up better results than we are presently. A win for Austria would be the worst result for us I feel as Denmark are the better team and it will be a wake-up call for them for their next match in Copenhagen against us.

Well in that case an Austria win is nailed on! 😏

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

The RoI team that reached the knock out stages of the world cup in 2002?

The question wasn't, a team that were worse at that time, it was who is worse than us. That would suggest now and now they are worse than us ffs

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

They were a decent team with a better squad than our current squad. take a look through that squad, they had epl players in every position.

I knew that comment would have the Roi lovers out in force!

14 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I think an Austria-Denmark draw is better. I don’t accept Denmark will run away with it. If we have Gilmour and maybe Patterson integrated into the team and play at our best I don’t think it is beyond us to get 4 or 6 points off them. Of course that seems miles off after the Israel horror show, but that is why I’m still furious about it as we sold ourself short. If we play at our absolute best we can beat the teams in our group. That is no more than a country such as Wales would expect so we should be no different. We’ve made a complete arse of it so far, but that doesn’t mean it should continue. 

😆

So, let me get this right.

We have qualified for the Euro's despite being told by everyone we wouldn't beat Israel and Serbia.

We have 2 games at home in the Euro's and the other down the road. We can finish 3rd and still qualify for the next round. 

We are 2nd in our World Cup qualification group after 3 matches and play Denmark on the last day at home probably infront of a full house. 

I'm amazed, utterly amazed that a good 70% of this thread is negatives. Where have you been for the last 20 years?!

I am on cloud 9!

I would say a decent start for the three games. Last night made up for some of the disappointment of the first two games, my only concern is Clarke is too cautious and slow to react. The only reason he changed at half-time in Tel Aviv was due to them scoring, if it was 0-0, he would have came out with the same side until the 65th minute.

But if you look at qualifying in the other groups, they are all wide open. Germany losing 2-1 at home to Macedonia ; Armenia with 9pts ; Romania beating Macedonia, makes their group almost a four team group. You'd imagine Germany would go on from this. 

Ukraine as well - a very decent side and some excellent youngsters coming through, were held 1-1 at home to Kazakhstan. They are sitting on 3pts after playing 2 home games - Finland and last night. They probably have the quality to go on and win away and possibly get second, but no doubt their fans will be frustrated at their start.

Then you've got Slovenia - beat Croatia in their first game, a huge scalp and a derby win but lose to Cyprus on Tuesday night. Greece get a great point in Spain and then fail to beat Georgia at home (who are an improving side). Turkey with two great wins over Holland and Norway then draw 3-3 with Latvia (who are hopeless of late) at home.

So its a bit all over the place at the moment the qualifying. 

My main issue with Clarke being too cautious and slow to change it up. Denmark are a very decent side as shows, and a lot can change in football in three months and especially with a virus like Covid or injuries in 6 months time.

1 hour ago, GaryWood34 said:

We have qualified for the Euro's despite being told by everyone we wouldn't beat Israel and Serbia.

We have 2 games at home in the Euro's and the other down the road. We can finish 3rd and still qualify for the next round. 

We are 2nd in our World Cup qualification group after 3 matches and play Denmark on the last day at home probably infront of a full house. 

I'm amazed, utterly amazed that a good 70% of this thread is negatives. Where have you been for the last 20 years?!

I am on cloud 9!

yeh i agree, i am maybe not on cloud 9 but i am happy with where we are so far. i think ppl are under appreciating the beating of serbia to qualify for the euros. serbia have quality all over the pitch and have started their world cup qualifying campaign well with two wins and a draw v portugal. i think everyone had high hopes that we could come first in this group seeing how its the easiest group we could possibly get but we can still get 2nd and hopefully a favourable draw in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, GaryWood34 said:

I am on cloud 9!

Cunts are pre-programmed to be miserable. They see it as a badge of honour to find reasons to be critical. There is also a lot of snobbery around Steve Clarke that people are eager to flaunt at the first opportunity. It's the fashion you see. 

Don't worry they'll be wetting their knickers with excitement come June. 

I do want gilmour to be eventually in the side but we can’t have players not playing club football to be suddenly playing finals tournaments .

perhaps gilmour needs to go out on loan somewhere in the summer as he doesn’t seem to be in Tuchel plans 

1 minute ago, DAVIDB46 said:

I do want gilmour to be eventually in the side but we can’t have players not playing club football to be suddenly playing finals tournaments .

perhaps gilmour needs to go out on loan somewhere in the summer as he doesn’t seem to be in Tuchel plans 

He might take to international football

Unlike Callum McGregor

We don't know till we try him, last night would have been perfect opportunity

33 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Cunts are pre-programmed to be miserable. They see it as a badge of honour to find reasons to be critical. There is also a lot of snobbery around Steve Clarke that people are eager to flaunt at the first opportunity. It's the fashion you see. 

Don't worry they'll be wetting their knickers with excitement come June. 

Or could it be that human beings (referring to your fellow Scotland fans as "cunts" is utterly pathetic) are programmed to have different opinions?

There's a certain element of the TAMB that are dictatorial and frown on freedom of expression. Well, personally, I'll give my honest opinion, at all times, I don't really care what the TAMB Nazis think.

Edited by Taylor1996

On 4/1/2021 at 2:08 PM, Taylor1996 said:

Or could it be that human beings (referring to your fellow Scotland fans as "cunts" is utterly pathetic) are programmed to have different opinions?

There's a certain element of the TAMB that are dictatorial and frown on freedom of expression. Well, personally, I'll give my honest opinion, at all times, I don't really care what the TAMB Nazis think.

Aye awrite.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:03 PM, DAVIDB46 said:

There will be numerous players in the squad this summer who don’t play much club football.