Crowds at euros - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Crowds at euros

thesaint

Sitting watching Holland v Latvia.5000 crowd,including groups of maybe 50 or 60 standing drinking and jumping around.Now,we keep getting told how bad things are in Europe,and they are in the middle of a third wave.Also,we have vaccinated about 5 times the amount that they have.Now,how is that possible that they have 5000 in the middle of a third wave,and we can't commit to having fans 10 weeks down the line,when we will have vaccinated all adults.Would appreciate it if anybody could explain it to me.

21 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

It fucked me off a wee bit when we watched that Dutch game to be honest. We were ‘at’ the Edinburgh City game today. This was our view.....

A9E27E5C-610E-4A9D-8A50-804F2E0D0B61.jpeg

Yes.I was raging as well.Every time they showed the crowd my blood started to boil.As I said,all we are getting shoved down our throats ,is how serious it is in europe.The last thing you would think they would be bothered about if it was that bad,would be letting 5000 not even socially distanced fans into a football match.There is something not right here if  Scotland who are in a much better position regarding vaccines and the amount of new cases can't make a commitment for fans at the euros ten weeks away.It doesn't add up.

10 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Still doesn't answer the question of why,if things are so bad in europe,letting fans into grounds even comes into their mind.Surely,if getting a negative test and downloading an app is the answer,we from a better place regarding vaccines and New cases can do the same.

Danish FA have said they are going to allow a minimum of 25% in for Euro games in Copenhagen (which probably has a bigger bonus for our game in September) and Romanian Fa are talking about 30%.

Edited by wanderer