Holyrood Election Poll - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Election Poll

Holyrood Election - Who Are You Voting For On The List?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will You Vote For On The List?

• SNP
    • Conservative
    • Labour
    • Greens
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Alba
    • Other - Feel Free To State

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

Poor you! Yeah I quite like that video Bonnie Prince Bob did! Don't know anything more about him though

His finest work.... a classic of the genre....

4 hours ago, Lamia said:

Poor you! Yeah I quite like that video Bonnie Prince Bob did! Don't know anything more about him though

Fortunately, it's not a choice I'll have to make - I live in a constituency that has a good sitting MSP who I'll be voting to re-elect. :)

The first time I saw BPB I thought it was Limmy doing a parody of Neil Oliver!

I've voted Greens on the list the last twice but it hasn't returned a Green msp. Others I know have gone for SNP 1 & 2 but that hasn't returned well either. Still undecided what to do with my list vote and unless Alba start polling significantly better they're not going to be an option either. 

Maybe people are a bit more clued up this time and will give the list vote a bit more thought hopefully 🤔

2 hours ago, slasher said:

I've voted Greens on the list the last twice but it hasn't returned a Green msp. Others I know have gone for SNP 1 & 2 but that hasn't returned well either. Still undecided what to do with my list vote and unless Alba start polling significantly better they're not going to be an option either. 

Maybe people are a bit more clued up this time and will give the list vote a bit more thought hopefully 🤔

What area you in?

4 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

What area you in?

North Lanarkshire m8. I actually think Alba might do quite well here but no way of knowing for sure. Voting SNP on the list would almost certainly be a waste though. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

North Lanarkshire m8. I actually think Alba might do quite well here but no way of knowing for sure. Voting SNP on the list would almost certainly be a waste though. 

It wouldn’t take much for them to get a representation there, how successful they get the word out and how effectively will be more evident locally, it would be good as there is no snp list seat there? 

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh is the lead Alba candidate, so depends what you think of her.

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Gee whizz. I am flabbergasted.

Two people will be voting Tory. 😮🤑:banghead::wtf:

Its possible its just a wind up, but every bit as likely its genuine. Not that you would ever know as I cant remember the last time I read any pro conservative posts on here. 

Why is that ? There must be posters on here who vote Tory, why wouldn’t there be. 
Do they feel they would be lynched as it is very pro indy  ? I hope not, it should be of interest to everyone who wants a fair country to listen to everyone’s views, not for people to lurk in the shadows afraid to speak. I am not saying that is the case, but i can understand why people may be unwilling to contribute as they probably feel very outnumbered . 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Its possible its just a wind up, but every bit as likely its genuine. Not that you would ever know as I cant remember the last time I read any pro conservative posts on here. 

Why is that ? There must be posters on here who vote Tory, why wouldn’t there be. 
Do they feel they would be lynched as it is very pro indy  ? I hope not, it should be of interest to everyone who wants a fair country to listen to everyone’s views, not for people to lurk in the shadows afraid to speak. I am not saying that is the case, but i can understand why people may be unwilling to contribute as they probably feel very outnumbered . 

They would be made to feel as unwelcome as Rangers supporters. ;)

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

The Scotland support in general and this board in particular is not a representative demographic.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

They would be made to feel as unwelcome as Rangers supporters. ;)

Not once that Positivity thread is flying. This board is going to be awash with Rangers supporters and Tories just desperate to get involved. 

31 minutes ago, aaid said:

The Scotland support in general and this board in particular is not a representative demographic.

Thats understandable , ‘Tartan Army Message Board ‘ is a bit of a giveaway but there must be some Tories /unionists out there. Have we chased them ALL away ? 

Or Is the message actually ‘Fook off Tories and Rangers supporters’ ? 

Well , I had hoped my warm and fuzzy approach to the 2 Tories may have lured them on here, but it would seem they are going to remain as big a mystery as the emoji fiend. 

On 4/13/2021 at 12:05 PM, Orraloon said:

Here's a reasonably concise list of reasons to consider voting for ALBA. Most of them you will already have thought about, but maybe not all at the same time.  I think it's hard to argue with most of the stuff in here but I'm would imagine somebody will give it a go.

https://scotgoespop.blogspot.com/2021/04/seven-good-reasons-to-vote-for-alba.html

Have read this now @Orraloon and have a couple of questions from this blog for you or any other Alba supporters. 

1. Who at Westminster are they suggesting is not too bothered about independence?

2. What alternative strategic ideas are they (Alba) bringing to the table ? 

These are genuine questions, I am not questioning the validity . 

Also, Renfrewshire North and West , my constituency, how much would Alba need to win a seat ? I am fairly comfortable that SNP will win the constituency but there is no knowing if the Derek McKay fiasco will have any impact on the voting and how that will affect the list seats. 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Well , I had hoped my warm and fuzzy approach to the 2 Tories may have lured them on here, but it would seem they are going to remain as big a mystery as the emoji fiend. 

Have read this now @Orraloon and have a couple of questions from this blog for you or any other Alba supporters. 

1. Who at Westminster are they suggesting is not too bothered about independence?

Also, Renfrewshire North and West , my constituency, how much would Alba need to win a seat ? I am fairly comfortable that SNP will win the constituency but there is no knowing if the Derek McKay fiasco will have any impact on the voting and how that will affect the list seats. 

1. I don't know.
  2. The main difference is the speed at which they think we should push for independence. AS wants to go for it as soon as possible NS wants to wait. All the other nonsense is just window dressing. This is what they fell out about in the first place. 
  3. You region is the same as any other in that it's generally thought that if a party can get about 5% of the regional votes they will probably win a seat. It's just a rough rule of thumb and depends on where the other votes go.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:
  1. I don't know.
  2. The main difference is the speed at which they think we should push for independence. AS wants to go for it as soon as possible NS wants to wait. All the other nonsense is just window dressing. This is what they fell out about in the first place. 
  3. You region is the same as any other in that it's generally thought that if a party can get about 5% of the regional votes they will probably win a seat. It's just a rough rule of thumb and depends on where the other votes go.

Thanks. 
Difficult one because as much as my gut is telling me a list vote for SNP where I am is wasted , I am totally against UDI which I feel Alba could push towards. Or are they suggesting a less contentious route ? 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Thanks. 
Difficult one because as much as my gut is telling me a list vote for SNP where I am is wasted , I am totally against UDI which I feel Alba could push towards. Or are they suggesting a less contentious route ? 

They're not being very specific about what their plan is although the likes of McEleny have been vocal in the past about UDI.

All I've heard Salmond say is that they would sit down with the UKG and start to negotiate the day after the election.  Negotiate what though?

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

It's often suggested that Pete Wishart (aka "Pension Pete", "Cosy Feet Pete", "Comfy Slippers Wishart" etc.) is far too fond of life in Westminster and sees independence in the near future as a threat to his London lifestyle and possibly his MP's pension. 

Whether that's fair or not I don't know, although, the fact he put his name forward to become speaker of the house is surprising for someone representing a party that ultimately doesn't want to be in that house.

43 minutes ago, scotlad said:

It's often suggested that Pete Wishart (aka "Pension Pete", "Cosy Feet Pete", "Comfy Slippers Wishart" etc.) is far too fond of life in Westminster and sees independence in the near future as a threat to his London lifestyle and possibly his MP's pension. 

Whether that's fair or not I don't know, although, the fact he put his name forward to become speaker of the house is surprising for someone representing a party that ultimately doesn't want to be in that house.

I think Wishart is a bit of a wind up merchant and likes to poke the Unionists with a stick at every opportunity and I think that was an example of him doing that - particularly as he had no chance of winning it, but he did get the mood of the room wrong amongst his own supporters and it backfired on him. 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

They're not being very specific about what their plan is although the likes of McEleny have been vocal in the past about UDI.

All I've heard Salmond say is that they would sit down with the UKG and start to negotiate the day after the election.  Negotiate what though?

Tbh I think Alex Salmond would be good at negotiating but he would not be doing it on his own and if he and NS cant see eye to eye on the timing of indyref it would never get off the ground. 

Unless he is planning on offering Boris a dossier on Nicola’s deviant personal life in return for a referendum ....🙄

12 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Some belters of list seat parties haha

A29CA864-5AC9-4EFF-B52E-D6009499B3E0.jpeg

Wtf. Abolish the Scottish Parliament party ? How can these folk look themselves in the mirror.

The Scottish Family Party sounds like The Broons 😂

5 hours ago, aaid said:

I think Wishart is a bit of a wind up merchant and likes to poke the Unionists with a stick at every opportunity and I think that was an example of him doing that - particularly as he had no chance of winning it, but he did get the mood of the room wrong amongst his own supporters and it backfired on him. 

I'd say he's probably been repeating that mistake ever since.