Holyrood Election Poll - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Election Poll

Holyrood Election - Who Are You Voting For On The List?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will You Vote For On The List?

• SNP
    • Conservative
    • Labour
    • Greens
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Alba
    • Other - Feel Free To State

Glasgow Kelvin

SNP 1 Alba 2 is what I'd like as I think Alba is worth a try, however last time I was SNP 1 and Green 2 and I do slightly worry that taking down the Green vote might actually benefit Labour, plus I have a lot of time for Patrick Harvie.

Once I can find who Alba has on the list in Glasgow and maybe some inkling of the polling I'll be better placed to tell what works best.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Could be , that moustache looks a bit suspicious. I doubt its Wullie Rennie right enough 😁

It looks a bit like a hologram with that yellow thing above his head . 

Looks more like a well-fed Groucho Marx.  🤭

Survation poll out, commissioned by The Courier. Alba on 3% and being spun as the end for Salmond 😂. Ffs they're only a week old and can expect to take seats by achieving 5%. Lots of normal people (as opposed to the likes of us) have not heard of this party yet, or have barely noticed the news and will be persuaded in the weeks to come. My Mrs not that keen on Salmond but open to a proper discussion now. It's these types of people - not hugely politically aware - who will be converted to Alba by friends and family, the same way they were converted to voting SNP/Yes.

3% was the absolute lowest acceptable nadir before it was abandon ship.  Not a brilliant start for them but it's very, very early days.  They had to register and they just have with their fingernails.  

The online 'community' backing them are really off putting overall. They have a few decent candidates like Guthrie, Torrance and Eadie and a few muppets like Arthur and Hanvey.  Alba need to keep a positive message but many of their campaigners are consumed by negativity and pet hates that don't resonate with voters.  Totally off message.  It's a mesh of serious people and obsessive weirdos.  For their sake you hope the serious people start to make themselves heard.  

I don't mind saying I'm flirting with an Alba vote but it's almost certainly SNP for me.

2 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

3% was the absolute lowest acceptable nadir before it was abandon ship.  Not a brilliant start for them but it's very, very early days.  They had to register and they just have with their fingernails.  

The online 'community' backing them are really off putting overall. They have a few decent candidates like Guthrie, Torrance and Eadie and a few muppets like Arthur and Hanvey.  Alba need to keep a positive message but many of their campaigners are consumed by negativity and pet hates that don't resonate with voters.  Totally off message.  It's a mesh of serious people and obsessive weirdos.  For their sake you hope the serious people start to make themselves heard.  

I don't mind saying I'm flirting with an Alba vote but it's almost certainly SNP for me.

Clydebank and  Milngavie will be a comfortable SNP hold.

Given that the SNP will clean up the constituency seats in West Scotland, I’m torn whether to lend my list vote to the Greens to keep out the Yoons

11 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Why do you say Hanvey is a muppet? 

I can understand your feelings on Arthur but I widnae say it to his face. :lol:

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Why do you say Hanvey is a muppet? 

I can understand your feelings on Arthur but I widnae say it to his face. :lol:

In 15 months as an MP, he's been an Independent, readmitted to the SNP, given a job as Vaccine spokesman, got sacked days later for contributing to a crowd funder to sue one of his colleagues and joined another party.

Looks like muppetry to me.

On 4/2/2021 at 12:39 PM, aaid said:

In 15 months as an MP, he's been an Independent, readmitted to the SNP, given a job as Vaccine spokesman, got sacked days later for contributing to a crowd funder to sue one of his colleagues and joined another party.

Looks like muppetry to me.

Plus, he even kind of looks like one:

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew | The muppet show, Sesame street muppets, Muppets

Hanvey

Neale Hanvey MP quits SNP to join Alex Salmond's Alba Party | HeraldScotland

Honeydew

On 3/30/2021 at 4:39 PM, wee-toon-red said:

Andy Wightman standing on the Highlands and Islands list is a further complication as, based purely on individuals over parties, he's potentially more worthy of a vote than anyone else.

No complication - just vote for him!

On 3/27/2021 at 1:30 PM, Caledonian Craig said:

Edinburgh Central - Conservative

I will be voting SNP. Polls suggesting the Tories will hold with a a wafer thin majority. My second vote at present going to the SNP.

I am really not sure I could vote SNP if I was in that constituency. 😬

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

I am really not sure I could vote SNP if I was in that constituency. 😬

I don't envy the voters of Edinburgh Central, that's for sure! If I stayed in that constituency I might be tempted to vote for that Bonnie Prince Bob guy, just for the ha-has, then SNP on the list.  That though increases the chances of the appalling Graham "gravy train" Campbell being elected, so I'd probably hold my nose and vote for Mr Jennifer Dempsie anyway. Compared to the having a Tory re-elected he's the lesser of two evils.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 5:54 PM, scotlad said:

I don't envy the voters of Edinburgh Central, that's for sure! If I stayed in that constituency I might be tempted to vote for that Bonnie Prince Bob guy, just for the ha-has, then SNP on the list.  That though increases the chances of the appalling Graham "gravy train" Campbell being elected, so I'd probably hold my nose and vote for Mr Jennifer Dempsie anyway. Compared to the having a Tory re-elected he's the lesser of two evils.

Poor you! Yeah I quite like that video Bonnie Prince Bob did! Don't know anything more about him though