Holyrood Election Poll - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Election Poll

Holyrood Election - Who Are You Voting For On The List?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will You Vote For On The List?

• SNP
    • Conservative
    • Labour
    • Greens
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Alba
    • Other - Feel Free To State

Ideally would love to ask who you are voting for in both the constituency and the list; but I can only ask one question so I'd rather focus on the regional list.

Feel free to post your constituency vote in the thread (if you wish) and what area your list/region is.

Angus South - SNP Constituency ; NE Scotland - list and undecided on that front.

Default SNP.   I'd like to see some polling data for West of Scotland over the next few weeks as I could vote Alba or Green.   Campbell is putting me right off Alba, but I could hold my nose and vote for them if it makes sense.

49 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Default SNP.   I'd like to see some polling data for West of Scotland over the next few weeks as I could vote Alba or Green.   Campbell is putting me right off Alba, but I could hold my nose and vote for them if it makes sense.

My thoughts exactly. 

SNP 1/2 for me in the South of Scotland.  SNP has three list MSPs here so both votes SNP is needed.  I can understand people voting Alba on the list elsewhere (maybe not highlands and not sure about NE as there have been list MSPs there in the past I think).  No idea who the "shoehorned in to the top of the list" candidate is here but I hope it's not a wokeist.

After the election, I hope the membership will manage to reclaim the SNP from the entryist careerist folk.  It is clear that the party has been infiltrated but not entirely clear who is behind that, if anyone apart from a small cabal of rather strange individuals. I am not convinced NS will still be in post a year from now even if the SNP win a majority on their own.  Just as Salmond, although found innocent, is now irrevocably tainted, so is Sturgeon, due to her evasiveness and the ludicrous suppression of evidence.  Politicians seem to have a shelf life and I think NS is reaching the end of hers.

Any candidate who believes women can have penises will not be getting my vote.  I suspect a lot of them don't actually believe that but are afraid to speak up. Joan Mcalpine, my local candidate, is OK on that front.

ETA:  I had never heard of that boxer who has been named as a candidate for ALBA.  He appears to have shot himself in the foot with some of his posts on twitter. Racist and anti-vax, and confuses Roma and Romanian.  Can't see him being a candidate for more than the next few hours.  Also has an MBE in his twitter name, which doesn't look like something that would endear him to many indy voters.  I thought it was a parody account at first.  Salmond must be raging, but it doesn't say a lot about the vetting process.

Edited by Alibi

6 hours ago, Alibi said:

SNP 1/2 for me in the South of Scotland.  SNP has three list MSPs here so both votes SNP is needed.  I can understand people voting Alba on the list elsewhere (maybe not highlands and not sure about NE as there have been list MSPs there in the past I think).  No idea who the "shoehorned in to the top of the list" candidate is here but I hope it's not a wokeist.

After the election, I hope the membership will manage to reclaim the SNP from the entryist careerist folk.  It is clear that the party has been infiltrated but not entirely clear who is behind that, if anyone apart from a small cabal of rather strange individuals. I am not convinced NS will still be in post a year from now even if the SNP win a majority on their own.  Just as Salmond, although found innocent, is now irrevocably tainted, so is Sturgeon, due to her evasiveness and the ludicrous suppression of evidence.  Politicians seem to have a shelf life and I think NS is reaching the end of hers.

Any candidate who believes women can have penises will not be getting my vote.  I suspect a lot of them don't actually believe that but are afraid to speak up. Joan Mcalpine, my local candidate, is OK on that front.

ETA:  I had never heard of that boxer who has been named as a candidate for ALBA.  He appears to have shot himself in the foot with some of his posts on twitter. Racist and anti-vax, and confuses Roma and Romanian.  Can't see him being a candidate for more than the next few hours.  Also has an MBE in his twitter name, which doesn't look like something that would endear him to many indy voters.  I thought it was a parody account at first.  Salmond must be raging, but it doesn't say a lot about the vetting process.

Yes the snp will need both your votes there thats for sure, i dont think alba are standing there? 

7 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Andy Wightman standing on the Highlands and Islands list is a further complication as, based purely on individuals over parties, he's potentially more worthy of a vote than anyone else.

I totally agree i voted for him specifically in Lothian lists last time and didn't vote in the constituency.

Now he isn't Lothians i'm struggling to find someone I want to vote for, I hate the party system and would abolish it if I could.

11 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Andy Wightman standing on the Highlands and Islands list is a further complication as, based purely on individuals over parties, he's potentially more worthy of a vote than anyone else.

Not sure if that makes a huge difference? John Finnie is standing down so that might be a straight swap? A lot of that "Green" vote last time round would be personal votes for Finnie. 

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Not sure if that makes a huge difference? John Finnie is standing down so that might be a straight swap? A lot of that "Green" vote last time round would be personal votes for Finnie. 

Hopefully that's his logic in standing in the Highlands. Either way it's a complication for me as I didn't/wouldn't vote for Finnie but I might well vote for Wightman.

5 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

ALBA Motherwell. That makes sense to you stat guys right? 

What I'll need to find out is, if Tories withdraw will that change everything.? 

Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying the Tories won't stand in Motherwell and Wishaw constituency?

22 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying the Tories won't stand in Motherwell and Wishaw constituency?

There are mutterings of that however that would cost the tories in holyrood and they wouldn’t be the second largest party,, it would cost them 

45 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Yes Douglas Ross says Cons could step down in certain seats to hinder Indy parties. If all Cons vote went to Labour 1st vote it would be close here. 

Edited by Och Aye

33 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

There are mutterings of that however that would cost the tories in holyrood and they wouldn’t be the second largest party,, it would cost them 

If that's his opening offer to get a tactical voting deal with Labour, then he isn't giving away very much. The tories have no chance in M&W but their votes could help push Labour over the line? I wonder what he is expecting to get in return?

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Yes the snp will need both your votes there thats for sure, i dont think alba are standing there? 

I thought Salmond said Alba are standing in all 8 regions? 

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If that's his opening offer to get a tactical voting deal with Labour, then he isn't giving away very much. The tories have no chance in M&W but their votes could help push Labour over the line? I wonder what he is expecting to get in return?

Maybe they’re just happy to get a weaker SNP. I don’t think Labour will reciprocate but it won’t necessarily do the Tories any short-term harm to stand down in seats like that. Could have a serious impact on SNP.