Stephen O'Donnell - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stephen O'Donnell

slasher

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

There’s a reason even clubs like Aberdeen, Hibs & Hearts have never signed him even when he’s been available on a free - hence why he plays for a team struggling near the bottom. 

Theres no agenda, he’s done well. He’s very average and a young up and coming right back will take his place very soon - that’s the reality 

He played in the Kilmarnock team that finished third. That’s quite near the top (just behind firs and second). And was arguably one of the top two or three performers in that team.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Partick Thistle, Kilmarnock and Motherwell are or have been decent SPL sides when O'Donnell played for them, that's pushing it a bit. He's out of contract at the end of the season I think, lets see were he goes next.

Problem with O'Donnell is he creates next to nothing and he is part of the reason we can't break teams down,that and our strikers being pish. Of course you could add the "he hasn't let us down" comment to Dykes as well.

If a similar goal to Hanleys had been scored against us, Marshall and Hanley would be getting crucified it was hardly an assist. 

When O'Donnell starts making defence splitting passes from the acres of space he is allowed by the opposition I will applaud him.

Woops just noticed he had an assist for Dykes goal against Slovakia, perhaps mediocrity is the way forward 

Exactly.

His first two touches v Austria were mis-controlling the ball out of play too.

He had a good game on Thursday. For me that position is his, and it's up to other contenders to show that they are good enough to take that place in the team off him. 

Too many folk on here seem to think that a player isn't good enough for Scotland until they have moved to the EPL. Which is absolute nonsense.

The main thing that let him down was his final ball when he got in good positions. I think he did OK in both games but it is a position we can get better in. Our captain was one of the worst players on the park in both games but nobody is making an issue with that.