Israel V Scotland - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel V Scotland

Caledonian Craig

2 minutes ago, duncan II said:

See, this is nonsense. Second is well within reach. Granted we’ll need to drastically improve . But there’s lots of variables if we do find some results. No reason why Israel can’t take points off Austria. We could beat Austria. We could do better against Denmark than Austria. 

We were very poor. But the chat here is pish.

Where's your evidence that things will get better? Serious question.

2 minutes ago, duncan II said:

See, this is nonsense. Second is well within reach. Granted we’ll need to drastically improve . But there’s lots of variables if we do find some results. No reason why Israel can’t take points off Austria. We could beat Austria. We could do better against Denmark than Austria. 

We were very poor. But the chat here is pish.

Yes it is well within reach however as you have seen tonight are players leave you highly doubting that it’s achievable.Are you going to suddenly trust them to take 4 points of Denmark and win in Austria after watching them playing Israel tonight?

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Odonell out performed alot of players tonight not just robertson.

I agree but sadly he'll get rounded on sooner or later. Made a crucial couple of blocks in our own area and set up Christie in the second half getting forward and putting in a decent pass unlike a lot of our attackers (including Robertson when he got forward).

6 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Thank you!!! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. No one else seems to see it, including management. And this is not new. Look back for the past 2 or 3 years and happens over and over again. Sticking an extra CB in defence won't change the fact that our centre mids are standing around ball watching. 

I had to stop wtaching McGregor because I was just getting furious. He does it every game. We do not realise how much we miss a Scott Brown. Brown has carried McGregor for years.

McGregor has contributed very very little in his fuck knows how many caps. 

These games have shown how much Gauld, Turnbull and to be honest Gilmour all should be available options within this squad. 

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Course it's not. Austria could drop points in Israel. Both they and Denmark could drop points to each other. No reason why we couldn't hold Denmark to a draw and beat them in front of a Hampden crowd.

Also likely Denmark take 6 points off us too 

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Course it's not. Austria could drop points in Israel. Both they and Denmark could drop points to each other. No reason why we couldn't hold Denmark to a draw and beat them in front of a Hampden crowd.

I agree up t a point but I really cannot see us taking anything off of Denmark given the form we are in at present. Best chance we have of getting anything off of them is at Hampden in the last match when they'll probably have already have qualified. However, Austria are no great shakes in my opinion and we are in with a shout still as long as we win on Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Well said. The pessimism on here is ridiculous. Yes theres loads to work on but I think these games and training will have shown clarke what's needed. Gilmour and turnbull in please. We can certainly beat austria and I am certain with a crowd we can also beat denmark. A look around europe results shows how tight games are. Denmark was a freak result. I for one am not as despondent as I should be. A good victory over the faroes then we could be in 2nd with hopefully a gd summer to come

Just now, kumnio said:

Clueless, he was devoid or passion or even emotion. 

Sounded like he was very aggressive and defensive. It's possible that Israel may take points off others and probably doesn't want to put more pressure on the team but that game was there for the taking and Austria/Denmark will look on it as an advantage. We'll end up on the back foot in games against them and leave it too late to catch up....again.

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

September will be the key. Denmark away, Moldova home, Austria away in the space of a week.

Denmark are far too slick for us - a bit like a lesser Belgium. Moldova we should turn over and Austria away, after seeing them the other night, I'd be quite hopeful of us getting a win over there.

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

A draw in Serbia? that's not very impressive if that's the best we can do.

Exactly, we were superb that night all over, a proper team and we didn’t deserve that late equaliser against us how we ever since that game somethings not been right Ive felt and it has led to tonight’s shambles. A downward trajectory in performance levels.

1 minute ago, gaz7 said:

Well said. The pessimism on here is ridiculous. Yes theres loads to work on but I think these games and training will have shown clarke what's needed. Gilmour and turnbull in please. We can certainly beat austria and I am certain with a crowd we can also beat denmark. A look around europe results shows how tight games are. Denmark was a freak result. I for one am not as despondent as I should be. A good victory over the faroes then we could be in 2nd with hopefully a gd summer to come

Indeed. Look ar Ireland last night beaten at home to Luxembourg, Iceland beaten by Armenia and even Spain had to wait until deep into stoppage time to score a winner against Georgia.

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

McGregor has contributed very very little in his fuck knows how many caps. 

These games have shown how much Gauld, Turnbull and to be honest Gilmour all should be available options within this squad. 

McGregor is never a defensive midfielder. He rarely tackles, rarely closes people down and just doesn't man mark. He is an attacking player, but would be about 9th in the pecking order out of all our attacking mid options. 

We sorely missed Ryan Jack. (Though he has been guilty of losing concentration as well).

We have some really fantastic ball players that can keep possession. But instead we play a 5th defender...

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Denmark are far too slick for us - a bit like a lesser Belgium. Moldova we should turn over and Austria away, after seeing them the other night, I'd be quite hopeful of us getting a win over there.

Nonsense. We have good enough players to beat Denmark. It’s getting them to perform at their best that is the problem.