Israel V Scotland - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel V Scotland

Caledonian Craig

It's almost like being satisfied with a mid-table position. Started the second half positively but agree with others - too many passes going backwards and not enough running off the ball by midfielders, almost like being told don't get too far forward. Adams looked dangerous but did not have enough support when pushing forward - probably why crosses were so poor. Why Robbo didn't square across for Dykes for a tap in is bewildering....

Israel (with FIFA ranking 87!) were made to look good by a team laying off them with no man-marking and no pressing. I repeatedly watched McTominay and McGregor off the ball, marking nobody then rushing to challenge the player receiving the pass, by which time it is far too late. If everyone marks someone it bottles up the space, making it very difficult for the player on the ball. If nobody is marked, the player on the ball has multiple options. Israel looked like they had an extra man every time they had the ball. That is all down to poor management. 

23 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

For us to perform well we need out best players to perform. That did not happen tonight.

McTominay looked lacklustre and lost. McGregor far too negative and also looked lost in the first half. McGinn was anonymous and Robertson's deliveries rank.

Did you just use McGregor and best players together

15 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Christie is not worth his place at all. Armstrong has been poor and what the fuck is McLean doing even in the squad let alone being subbed on when we need pace and to chase the game. 

Bit much blaming mclean,Christie and Armstrong.What about the midfield that started.Surprised nobody has blamed McBurnie yet.

Guest Scot1
Just now, HighlandScot said:

Israel (with FIFA ranking 87!) were made to look good by a team laying off them with no man-marking and no pressing. I repeatedly watched McTominay and McGregor off the ball, marking nobody then rushing to challenge the player receiving the pass, by which time it is far too late. If everyone marks someone it bottles up the space, making it very difficult for the player on the ball. If nobody is marked, the player on the ball has multiple options. Israel looked like they had an extra man every time they had the ball. That is all down to poor management. 

Or it’s a sign of low intelligence, making the same mistakes again and again. How long did it take for Armstrong to sit on Austria’s deep sitting playmaker on Thursday, 20 minutes? 20 fucking minutes to realise that it might be a good idea to mark this player when we are out of possession? Thick as fuck

Just now, ProudScot said:

Maybe he’s like that with the players which explains a lot 

He seems unable to grasp that we need to win games. 

I’d sack him now, never going to happen. But his miserable everything is killing us. 

11 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

8 games to go. I still think the play offs are achievable but we're going to need some big performances.

Key being big performances. We’ve managed one in Serbia during Clarke’s reign which is nearly 20 games I understand.

18 minutes ago, JECK said:

Doesn’t matter if we do, it’s over already.

See, this is nonsense. Second is well within reach. Granted we’ll need to drastically improve . But there’s lots of variables if we do find some results. No reason why Israel can’t take points off Austria. We could beat Austria. We could do better against Denmark than Austria. 

We were very poor. But the chat here is pish.

5 minutes ago, HighlandScot said:

Thank you!!! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. No one else seems to see it, including management. And this is not new. Look back for the past 2 or 3 years and happens over and over again. Sticking an extra CB in defence won't change the fact that our centre mids are standing around ball watching. 

I had to stop wtaching McGregor because I was just getting furious. He does it every game. We do not realise how much we miss a Scott Brown. Brown has carried McGregor for years.

Just now, duncan II said:

See, this is nonsense. Second is well within reach. Granted we’ll need to drastically improve . But there’s lots of variables if we do find some results. No reason why Israel can’t take points off Austria. We could beat Austria. We could do better against Denmark than Austria. 

We were very poor. But the chat here is pish.

I agree.

Too much of a knee-jerk reaction posting. Sure if we continue to put our sub-par performances we will be out but come Wednesday night we could quite possibly be standing in second spot in the group.