Israel V Scotland - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel V Scotland

Caledonian Craig

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Fraser on for Christie looks wrong to me, that's assuming McGinn has moved forward and McGregor will be the other deep midfielder.

Clarke is seeing the players so hopefully he has got it right.

Working on the premise that their achilles heel is pace. Denmark exposed theeir defence in that area and Adams and Fraser are pacier than Dykes and Christie both of which are carrying bookings too.

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Fraser on for Christie looks wrong to me, that's assuming McGinn has moved forward and McGregor will be the other deep midfielder.

Clarke is seeing the players so hopefully he has got it right.

I think pace is the key v this lot. Im not sure Christie gives us that.

Brilliant!

We've swapped a guy that will throw his weight around and give defenders a nightmare of a time (Dykes) for a guy with "pace" who can't finish (Adams).

Our system depends on a focal point. Adams is many thing, but good in the air, he is not.

This will not be pleasant viewing.

7 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Brilliant!

We've swapped a guy that will throw his weight around and give defenders a nightmare of a time (Dykes) for a guy with "pace" who can't finish (Adams).

Our system depends on a focal point. Adams is many thing, but good in the air, he is not.

This will not be pleasant viewing.

You haven't watched any of our matches against them? They can cope far more comfortably with physical strikers as can be seen by our previous matches against them. Pace we have not tackled them with before.

Dykes and Christie started up front in the last match - LOST 1-0.

Dykes started in match we won on pens. We never scored.

Dykes played in earlier match and we drew 1-1 thanks to a Christie pen.

Hardly worth trying Dykes again is it?

And who fared well against them in our 3-2 win against them? The pacy James Forrest with a hat-trick.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

This seems big game as I feel play offs would be out of reach if we don’t win.

We need to get back into a winning habit as we have played a lot of much of a muchness opponent’s in recent times as the jump up in standard for the euros is still a big concern for me.

Just now, SteveHFC said:

Really no excuses if we can’t have a capacity crowd at the Euro’s while the vast majority of countries across Europe are letting fans back in. 

Capacity crowd in June? I’ll have some of what you are smoking. 😄

5 minutes ago, SteveHFC said:

Really no excuses if we can’t have a capacity crowd at the Euro’s while the vast majority of countries across Europe are letting fans back in. 

Not long till we are going to be asked the question by UEFA and if they don’t like the answer we know what will happen 

1 minute ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Not long till we are going to be asked the question by UEFA and if they don’t like the answer we know what will happen 

I’m expecting fans to be there but a small number.