SPFL season 21-22. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SPFL season 21-22.

The 2021-22 Scottish Professional Football League season will begin on 31 July, while a winter break will be reinstated for the Premiership. The SPFL confirmed all four of its divisions will start their campaigns that weekend, with the top-tier pausing between 3 January and 21 January.

17 hours ago, Parklife said:

Pretty sure Aberdeen will win the league next season. 

Rangers will downsize in the summer to get some money in.  They invested a lot to halt the 10.  So Aberdeen will have a better chance IMO.  And also I wouldn't mind seeing it.  Hate monopolies in Football.

7 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Rangers will downsize in the summer to get some money in.  They invested a lot to halt the 10.  So Aberdeen will have a better chance IMO.  And also I wouldn't mind seeing it.  Hate monopolies in Football.

I'm not sure Rangers will downsize. Maybe one or 2 will leave but money will be spent to replace them. Not as much as going out but the usual 10-12 million per season will probably be spent and If Rangers make it into the champions league group stages. Then I could see them spending additionally to bring in a Kent level signing for 6/7 million pound.

Next season's league title is far too important to both Rangers and Celtic. The team that wins the league next season is all but guaranteed in the champions league group stages. That's £30+ million when everything is taken into account.

3 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

United on the verge of a monster charge at the title. Unfortunately, we will then lose Fuchs, Shankland and Siegrist.

You read it here first👍

Why? Do you think they’ll get relegated this season 😜

6 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

United on the verge of a monster charge at the title. Unfortunately, we will then lose Fuchs, Shankland and Siegrist.

You read it here first👍

Ridiculous statement, St Murn will have the title wrapped up by February.

And yes, the pubs are back open over here and it’s my day off 👀

Edited by Jersey Jim

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Must be gutted you don’t play Aberdeen again this season, the 3 points would have really helped Utd 😜

That would be nice. All 3 games were pretty fucking dull to be honest. Changed days. Used to be one of the better fixtures ☹️