Stephen Glass Named New Aberdeen Manager - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stephen Glass Named New Aberdeen Manager

Thanks admin. 

Let’s try again. 

New direction to be taken for Aberdeen hopefully, serious backing from the board required. 

New coaching staff and in my opinion, the list of outgoings is at least this. 

Sheerin
Robson
Simpson
Logan
Hayes
McLennan
Campbell
Hornby
Hendry
McGinn
Mcgeoch

That’s almost a whole team needing shipped out, lot of work to do before next season. 

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Thanks admin. 

Let’s try again. 

New direction to be taken for Aberdeen hopefully, serious backing from the board required. 

New coaching staff and in my opinion, the list of outgoings is at least this. 

Sheerin
Robson
Simpson
Logan
Hayes
McLennan
Campbell
Hornby
Hendry
McGinn
Mcgeoch

That’s almost a whole team needing shipped out, lot of work to do before next season. 

Bizarre list of people to go IMO. Campbell & McLennan are both young players who need faith shown in them and a run in the team, while McGeouch is definitely good enough. 

Hornby and Hendry are loan players who'll be away in the summer regardless  

Sheerin, Robson and simmie will go back to their regular jobs. 

Anyway, very underwhelmed by this and concerned with the entire process (or lack of) behind the appointment. 

The rumoured additions of Brown and Allan Russell are more positive, so hopefully they are confirmed soon. 

50 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Bizarre list of people to go IMO. Campbell & McLennan are both young players who need faith shown in them and a run in the team, while McGeouch is definitely good enough. 

Anyway, very underwhelmed by this and concerned with the entire process (or lack of) behind the appointment. 

The rumoured additions of Brown and Allan Russell are more positive, so hopefully they are confirmed soon. 

I don’t think Campbell will ever be good enough and Mclennans 2nd touch is normally a tackle, if he hasnt already fallen to the ground looking for a free kick. 

The coaching staff are part of the problem, so should be out the door too. 

Mcgeoch has either been injured, or not really shown anything that he can do either. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

A mass clear out is needed and mindsets need changing at Pittodrie. Too many are in a comfort zone created by mcinnes. The youngsters need to be given confidence.

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

I don’t think Campbell will ever be good enough and Mclennans 2nd touch is normally a tackle, if he hasnt already fallen to the ground looking for a free kick. 

Fair enough. I don't think we've seen enough of either to be casting them aside. If we were signing a player who'd done what McLennan has at international level, we'd all be very excited. 

Both have ability IMO but need a run of games and confidence shown in them in order to develop. 

The coaching staff are part of the problem, so should be out the door too. 

After his comments on Saturday, I'd potentially agree on Sheerin. As far as I understand, Robson had the under 18's playing good stuff and developing well prior to the league stoppage. 

Mcgeoch has either been injured, or not really shown anything that he can do either. 

He's been underwhelming to date but I think we've seen enough of him in the past to know he can be good enough. 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

A mass clear out is needed

Yup and it's coming. 9 out of contract plus 4 loans ending. A great opportunity for us to improve, while retaining our best players (Lewis, Ferguson, , Hedges, McCrorie). 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

and mindsets need changing at Pittodrie. Too many are in a comfort zone created by mcinnes. The youngsters need to be given confidence.

Yup. McInnes filled our squad with expensive journeyman back-ups like Ojo, main and McGinn. Taking serious wages while also blocking paths of progression for our young players. 

That needs to change. Our budget can be better used by investing more in the first XI and utilising our young players to fill our bench and fill-in when injuries and suspensions occur. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

A mass clear out is needed and mindsets need changing at Pittodrie. Too many are in a comfort zone created by mcinnes. The youngsters need to be given confidence.

Talking about comfort zones, I wondered to myself this morning, had Hayes become a slow player that is past it, or did he see the signs and just jack it for mcinnes, he is after all playing for nothing effectively amd thinking, well of you can’t be arsed, then neither can I. Very frustrating seeing him on the right wing too. 

Hope there is an upturn of form for him, but his performances so far this season are why I think he should be released. 

Edited by dandydunn

To answer you from closed thread Dandydunn re Stuart Pearce. 

"That is the guy that excites me the most, to be honest, if he comes on board, that could be a massive coup for the club. You don’t get where he is by not knowing what you’re talking about."

Stuart Pearce was on England coaching staff for years as well as (and still) English Premiership clubs. I've no idea why, an absolute football dinosaur. How he got to where he is, is beyond me. 

Sorry if that's curbed your excitement a bit 😉

Edited by Och Aye

31 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Talking about comfort zones, I wondered to myself this morning, had Hayes become a slow player that is past it, or did he see the signs and just jack it for mcinnes, he is after all playing for nothing effectively amd thinking, well of you can’t be arsed, then neither can I. Very frustrating seeing him on the right wing too. 

Hope there is an upturn of form for him, but his performances so far this season are why I think he should be released. 

I thought Hayes was going to receive all fo his pay but at a later date because of covid.

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

Excuse my ignorance DD, what do you mean by Hayes is playing for nothing? 

He signed on last pre season on an agreement that he would defer pay for a year, so not exactly playing for nothing as I assume he’ll recoup it all again, but if I was doing that at my work and seen guys on full pay not pulling their weight, I know how my attitude would be. 

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

To answer you from closed thread Dandydunn re Stuart Pearce. 

"That is the guy that excites me the most, to be honest, if he comes on board, that could be a massive coup for the club. You don’t get where he is by not knowing what you’re talking about."

Stuart Pearce was on England coaching staff for years as well as (and still) English Premiership clubs. I've no idea why, an absolute football dinosaur. How he got to where he is, is beyond me. 

Sorry if that's curbed your excitement a bit 😉

Oh fuck off 😂😂

Edited by dandydunn

Obviously players make a difference but I think the biggest thing that needs to change at Aberdeen is mindset. They need to create an enviroment where only the best is acceptable. Whether that be diet, training, sports science or matchdays.

Part of the issue with signing older players is that they generally have accepted the way of things. I dont think for a minute that Hayes believes Aberdeen can finish above the Old Firm for example. That kind of mindset needs to change.

Behind the scenes id be concerned about things like Scott Wright putting on 5kg of muscle as soon as he joined Rangers. They have obviously identified something and put a plan in place to improve.

12 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Obviously players make a difference but I think the biggest thing that needs to change at Aberdeen is mindset. They need to create an enviroment where only the best is acceptable. Whether that be diet, training, sports science or matchdays.

Part of the issue with signing older players is that they generally have accepted the way of things. I dont think for a minute that Hayes believes Aberdeen can finish above the Old Firm for example. That kind of mindset needs to change.

Behind the scenes id be concerned about things like Scott Wright putting on 5kg of muscle as soon as he joined Rangers. They have obviously identified something and put a plan in place to improve.

Correct. The mindset supporters have is that 3rd place and a cup final is an acceptable season and set out for that from the off. 

I expect them to challenge for the league and cups every season, not very realistic, but it’s a better attitude than accepting just being good enough to top the mini league of the other 10 will do the job. 

You just never know what can happen with a positive attitude and a bit of belief. 

18 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I totally agree with you but wasn't the part in bold a total lie? I'm.sure I read it was bull shit or not even possible in a short time frame

35 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I totally agree with you but wasn't the part in bold a total lie? I'm.sure I read it was bull shit or not even possible in a short time frame

Ignore this, I had a look for myself. 

45 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ignore this, I had a look for myself. 

Was it. Im not sure. Id only read the initial reports and havent heard anything to contradict. He certainly appears to have bulked up abit but maybe thats just my eyes seeing what my brain is telling them they should.

Either way the original point stands. I know a few footballers who have played for non old firm clubs and have then moved down south. They all say that whilst in Scotland they do train etc, the level of detail and player specific tailoring is night and day, even in leagues 1 and 2 in England.

1 hour ago, Mitre said:

Broon confirmed player coach on a pre contract 😬

Hope we get Celtic at home 1st game of the season to see where his loyalties lie, would probably injure himself putting his boots on afore the game 😜

Interesting, that’s for sure. Still think he’s a cunt, but he’s our cunt now, so just gotta get in with it and see what he does. 

I wonder if he’ll still get to play the thug role and get away with it, only time will tell. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Interesting, that’s for sure. Still think he’s a cunt, but he’s our cunt now, so just gotta get in with it and see what he does. 

I wonder if he’ll still get to play the thug role and get away with it, only time will tell. 

Refs already been learning how to spell his name, nae many have that experience 😜