Scotland v Austria - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Austria

PASTA Mick

1 minute ago, daviebee said:

2-2 against 12 men isn't a bad score. That was one of the fkin worst refereeing displays I've seen in ma fkin life. How can a parallel universe exist in which that's no' a fkin penalty??? FFS!  🤬🤬🤬

in the same universe they got a goal disallowed for a "push" on KT (I think it was)

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Hendry is the same height as Gallagher! It was Harry Soutar we needed!

I'm afraid its not just about height. Mcburnie is about the same height as the Austrian player, could he have generated that power and accuracy.?

Even if Souter had chosen Scotland, would he have been included in this particular match? Mid table Stoke City defender??

2 minutes ago, daviebee said:

2-2 against 12 men isn't a bad score. That was one of the fkin worst refereeing displays I've seen in ma fkin life. How can a parallel universe exist in which that's no' a fkin penalty??? FFS!  🤬🤬🤬

tbf austria did get their goal chopped off for the foul on tierney but you are right it was a stonewall pen.

Just now, Return of Yermaw said:

in the same universe they got a goal disallowed for a "push" on KT (I think it was)

I'm sure there was no contact. The penalty was stonewaller and came first so not sure if the disallowed goal would have happened. But didn't really see a push.

Marshall at fault for the 1st goal, should be pushing that out wide. 

Also felt we kept dropping deep and lack of pressure on the players which resulted in the 2nd goal. Although it was some header but with a 6ft 7 striker you need to stop it at source.

Not a fan of McGinn playing deeper. He is neat and tidy but offers so much more further forward.

A good point in the end though.

Could really have done with beating them tonight as be tough over there to get points but for being behind twice, its a good point. The ref was honking, bookings all over the place for us and how that wasnt a penalty was a joke. If we can get 6 points from next 2 games its not a bad week

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I think we can be competitive in the group but we might just lack that bit of quality to win it. 

Least the players are trying, we’re alright to watch and there’s a bit of pride in it. 

Agreed. And with a bit of luck on our side we wlll be in play offs.

1 hour ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

I don’t know why I watch it any more. It really just seems more about drawing fouls and exaggerating contact. Behaving like a wee fanny seems part of the job description for a pro footballer now. No intensity to the sport when compared to others like boxing, rugby (both codes), etc. 

It’s like the emperor’s new clothes without the fans and I don’t think I can see it in any other way any more.

That said, I’m itching for an away trip.

Totally agree. They have ruined the sport which used to be the best sport in the world. I hate what these fukers have done to the great game that I grew up with.

5 minutes ago, GraemeTA said:

Could really have done with beating them tonight as be tough over there to get points but for being behind twice, its a good point. The ref was honking, bookings all over the place for us and how that wasnt a penalty was a joke. If we can get 6 points from next 2 games its not a bad week

By the return we might have Gilmour dictating the play. I thought we lacked rhythm, even though we showed good spirit and some quality to stay in it. 

12 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

I'm afraid its not just about height. Mcburnie is about the same height as the Austrian player, could he have generated that power and accuracy.?

Even if Souter had chosen Scotland, would he have been included in this particular match? Mid table Stoke City defender??

McBurnie is not 6'7" but you're right, it's not just about height. Thought Hendry was great but he could be faulted for both goals actually.

How that foul on Christie wasn’t a penalty beggars belief. The challenge resembled a drunk uncle attempting the Gay Gordon’s at a fucking wedding.

Ref was a warmer all night. Had it in for Hanley all night. All told, a great fighting point against a decent side. Thought our back line looked Ok. Felt that was the best I’ve seen big Hanley in a Scotland shirt and the loan spell at Oostende has done Hendry no harm at all. He must be wondering how a haddie like Duffy sent him down the pecking order

While I’m moaning, the first 20 minutes or so shouldn’t be written off because we got better as we grew into the game. It was diabolical stuff. They are 20 minutes you don’t get back that we could have used to set the tone. We should be starting like a train - so many teams don’t and for us it offers a great opportunity to get an advantage. Even the start to the second half wasn’t great - their goal came from a couple of mistakes at least.

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

McBurnie is not 6'7" but you're right, it's not just about height. Thought Hendry was great but he could be faulted for both goals actually.

Don't know who it was, but some one suggested Hendry at right wing back I think that would work.

Any one slating Christie didn't watch the game.

This is exactly the type of game we almost certainly would have lost at any point in the past decade. The ref made it as hard for us as he could. 

Another mostly good performance and a decent result. Usually we have to choose one or the other (or neither). When was the last time we scored 2 goals?