Scotland v Austria - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Austria

PASTA Mick

Ok, it hasn't been great but its not been terrible, we can still get something here.Ā  Tierney looked really positive, Armstrong seems sluggish at times, Christie need to raise it a bit, I reckon Fraser may come on for Armstrong and Hanley might get hooked for self preservation.Ā  Thankfully they don't have a proven goalscorer.Ā  Maybe change formation, but we are containing them to long range efforts.Ā Ā 

Edited by romanticscot

Right old niggly game so far, this ref is missing so much.

Think McTominay been far and away the best passer on the pitch, just lovely angles and drills it in to feet no problem with pace. Sadly he ain't playing with likes of Pogba and Fernandes here so it just rebounds back. Best player though on pitch.

Think in this set up I'd rather have Tiernay bombing up and down the left and Robbo tucked in as LCB as feels like Tierney has the beating of their RB if he wa pushed forward.

Big fan of Armstrong at club level but less said about him tonight and in a few other Scotland games, too many poor touches or wrong decisions in final third.

Get Adams on at hour mark and see if he can link up with Dykes but so far feels like one of those early 0-0 home draws while the group favourites win one of their toughest fixtures type day. Seen this script many times before.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well we ended the half the better side but we didn't show much at all in attack. Thought Hendry di well but Hanley has to be subbed or we will be down to ten men. They love keeping the ball and are good at it too. Must do better. Get someone on for Hanley andĀ Fraser on for Christie.

Christie is looking lovely. I sometimes wonder if Iā€™m watching a different game.

3 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Big fan of Armstrong at club level but less said about him tonight and in a few other Scotland games, too many poor touches or wrong decisions in final third.

This.

Not sure why he's the darling of the TA.

He's not done much in a Scotland shirt.. well.. nothing positive.

6 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Christie is looking lovely. I sometimes wonder if Iā€™m watching a different game.

Christie has been good at times, but I feel if he were just a tad sharper he may have had a shot on target or even goal.Ā I expect our players to come out better.Ā  Time for a half time cuppa tea.Ā 

Edited by romanticscot

Started the match in reverse gear.Austria are a fair side,no more.Came into it in the last 15 minutes.Could do with pressing them more,and maybe bring Fraser on to stretch them on the right hand side.Still think there is something in this match for us.Play to WIN.

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

This.

Not sure why he's the darling of the TA.

He's not done much in a Scotland shirt.. well.. nothing positive.

I don't think he is the darling of the TA. In fact, if anything, he's under rated. I've noticed a definite change in the last few weeks though.

both teams have been average/poor. we need someĀ cutting edge which hopefully fraser or adams can provide in the second half. i think its going to be very tough for us to win this group as denmark have full team of top players and i cant see us beating them in either game.

Ā