Scotland v Austria - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Austria

PASTA Mick

12 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I wish Scotland had some strikers now with similar stats in the EPL. :lol:

I don't think anyone sees him as a Ronaldo type but he's clearly a striker on form and scoring goals in a demanding league, so he deserves respect and to be seen as a potential threat.

Respect? Yes. But lets not overhype a player with two caps and one season of success in the Bundesliga for a mid-table club. 

This deja vu all over again. Much like people on here who were painting Serbia's players up because they played in a lot of Europe's big leagues - well its us going to the Euros. Just proves the point that matches are won on the pitch not on stats or paper.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

13 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I wish Scotland had some strikers now with similar stats in the EPL. :lol:

I don't think anyone sees him as a Ronaldo type but he's clearly a striker on form and scoring goals in a demanding league, so he deserves respect and to be seen as a potential threat.

Aye, I'd be happy if one of our strikers had one prolific game never mind a season. :lol:

What does worry me though is that we are facing virtually a Bundesliga side. Therefore it wold make sense for us to field an EPL team. Right now we are only likely to muster 5 players (Tierney,Robertson, McTom, McGinn and Fraser) whereas but for injury and loyalty we could have added Armstrong and Adams to that group, giving us 7 - all from the top half of the EPL.

I would expect to see Adams and Armstrong step up from the bench in the second half though.

5 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

What does worry me though is that we are facing virtually a Bundesliga side. Therefore it wold make sense for us to field an EPL team. Right now we are only likely to muster 5 players (Tierney,Robertson, McTom, McGinn and Fraser) whereas but for injury and loyalty we could have added Armstrong and Adams to that group, giving us 7 - all from the top half of the EPL.

I would expect to see Adams and Armstrong step up from the bench in the second half though.

Newcastle and Southampton aren't in the top half of the EPL, Villa and Arsenal are by the skin of their teeth

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Newcastle and Southampton aren't in the top half of the EPL, Villa and Arsenal are by the skin of their teeth

Oh c'mon don't split hairs; they're not struggling like Sheff. Utd at any rate and Southampton were top at one point. We can't expect Motherwell and QPR to go toe-to-toe with Bundesliga pros.

15 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I should have added Cooper to give us 8.

9 minutes ago, SteveHFC said:

Anyone else think tonight team and subs will be the squad that takes us to the Euro’s with Jack and Cooper coming in for Fleck and one of Hanley/Hendry 

I think you're right, and I'm very encouraged by the team he has put out. If everyone puts in a good performance tonight, it'll be their Euros starting place to lose.

I'm really intrigued to see how Hendry does tonight.