Celtic vs the rangers... - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic vs the rangers...

1 hour ago, jcs said:

Just a quick question why was there talk of the rangers being invincibles this season?,when they were beaten by St. Mirren in the league cup, I thought invincibles was if you went through the entire domestic season unbeaten  and won  the treble 😎😁

The first team I can remember being called “Invincibles” was the Arsenal team and that was for going unbeaten in the league so there is precedent. 

I mean if you want to be pedantic I’m pretty sure when Celtic did it they got beaten in Europe so even they weren’t really invincible....

39 minutes ago, jcs said:

Is that really your answer 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yup, sometimes its the best way to deal with Celtic fans that cant see the bigger picture. To be clear, this season isn't about Celtic having a bad season. Celtic are having an average season for Celtic, and are on course to just fall short of their average points total during 9 in a row (after today result). 

Its just that we have been spectacularly good when we needed to be.  To put it into context, today wouldnt even feature in our top 20 most important games of the season. Yet it was an Old Firm.

I think the reason that Celtic have been getting it so tight from their fans has a lot to do with the utter hillarity around the implosion, eg, Pints in Dubai, the 10-in-a-row T-shirts, Sharkhead, the transfer policy, the European games, Neil Lennons interviews, the stand off with the Scottish Government, having to self isolate players on a number of occasions, etc.

46 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

The first team I can remember being called “Invincibles” was the Arsenal team and that was for going unbeaten in the league so there is precedent. 

I mean if you want to be pedantic I’m pretty sure when Celtic did it they got beaten in Europe so even they weren’t really invincible....

It's a domestic treble, so yeah let's be pedantic 😁

1 hour ago, jcs said:

that's a fair enough comment but to class the rangers as something special, not you personally but some have, really, Steven Gerrard is an amazing manager again really, celtic have been dire this season and 2 games out the 3 old firm games celtic have been in charge and the other old firm game celtic had a makeshift team, to listen to some pundits you would think the rangers are an amazing outfit full superstars, when really it's a team full of hard trying journeymen nothing more

Yet they still managed to romp their way to the title. Says a lot about the rest of the teams if that is true. 

Which it isn’t btw. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

Yet they still managed to romp their way to the title. Says a lot about the rest of the teams if that is true. 

Which it isn’t btw. 

Which bit isn't true

13 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Yup, sometimes its the best way to deal with Celtic fans that cant see the bigger picture. To be clear, this season isn't about Celtic having a bad season. Celtic are having an average season for Celtic, and are on course to just fall short of their average points total during 9 in a row (after today result). 

Its just that we have been spectacularly good when we needed to be.  To put it into context, today wouldnt even feature in our top 20 most important games of the season. Yet it was an Old Firm.

I think the reason that Celtic have been getting it so tight from their fans has a lot to do with the utter hillarity around the implosion, eg, Pints in Dubai, the 10-in-a-row T-shirts, Sharkhead, the transfer policy, the European games, Neil Lennons interviews, the stand off with the Scottish Government, having to self isolate players on a number of occasions, etc.

If you think your teams great then that's fine by me, I'm telling you they're garbage n we have played better against you in 2 out of the 3 old firm games so far and we have been shite this year

4 minutes ago, jcs said:

If you think your teams great then that's fine by me, I'm telling you they're garbage n we have played better against you in 2 out of the 3 old firm games so far and we have been shite this year

You can think all you want. The stats dont lie :ok: This team is the average Celtic team.

12 minutes ago, jcs said:

Which bit isn't true

The journeymen part for a start, but I’ll just let you believe the rest of it makes you feel better. 

8 minutes ago, jcs said:

They just got knocked out of the last 16 of European football. 

Celtic got knocked out twice by august. 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The journeymen part for a start, but I’ll just let you believe the rest of it makes you feel better. 

They just got knocked out of the last 16 of European football. 

Celtic got knocked out twice by august. 

How which players are better than journeymen give me a laugh I could do with 1 

Edited by jcs

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Rangers are a good team. If nothing else their results in Europe over 2 years tell you that. 

We have fannied about for 2 and a half years patting ourselves on the the back for winning the unloseable 🙄

Yep we let them up when we were giving them a kicking n all of a sudden they're invincible

3 minutes ago, jcs said:

Yep we let them up when we were giving them a kicking n all of a sudden they're invincible

This is my favourite part from Celtic fans just now. 

Rangers have won 28 from 33 games, have been behind in those games for about 140 odd minutes the whole season (according to the radio), but never won the league as Celtic lost it 😂😂😂

Just now, dandydunn said:
1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Define journeyman?

How do you not know pulling me up for calling them nothing more than journeyman n you laugh n make cunt of Ramy 🤣

5 minutes ago, jcs said:

They're a good team m8 with a good coaching set up. They are only going to get better. We have a lot of good players who have been badly let down by the coaching staff. The way ahead for Celtic is clear. 

5 minutes ago, jcs said:

How do you not know pulling me up for calling them nothing more than journeyman n you laugh n make cunt of Ramy 🤣

Well let’s say we clearly have different views on “journeymen”

There’s a Celtic fan commenting on the problems that you’re refusing to see within your club. Sensible people I’ll discuss football with, rockets, I won’t. 

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

They're a good team m8 with a good coaching set up. They are only going to get better. We have a lot of good players who have been badly let down by the coaching staff. The way ahead for Celtic is clear. 

I’ve a feeling your honest assessment is wasted on him. He can’t/won’t see it. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

There’s a Celtic fan commenting on the problems that you’re refusing to see within your club. Sensible people I’ll discuss football with, rockets, I won’t. 

Fair enough you don't no nothing your just looking for an arguement

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

We were well ahead n over the last 2 years done nothing to bolster our strangle hold on the league we stood still n had no back up for forest or Julian bought shite like Duffy Ajeti n that Greek fuckin tragedy of a goalkeeper

8 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Well lest just say you don't know what journeyman means then