Where to go / What to do - Moldova v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where to go / What to do

GaryWood34

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

there is a very good steak joint just down the road from the US embassy. You can get a Wagyu steak for the cheapest anywhere 

The was also a very good bar opposite the natural history museum  - will try and hunt out the name 

Chisinau is dirt poor and there are street kids with glue bags around which was quite sad and a little worrying 

Avoid Andys Piazza's - dodgy mafia spot where some lads got shook down 

15 hours ago, Newryrep said:

there is a very good steak joint just down the road from the US embassy. You can get a Wagyu steak for the cheapest anywhere 

The was also a very good bar opposite the natural history museum  - will try and hunt out the name 

Chisinau is dirt poor and there are street kids with glue bags around which was quite sad and a little worrying 

Avoid Andys Piazza's - dodgy mafia spot where some lads got shook down 

Draft microbrewery ?

On 10/25/2021 at 11:44 AM, tattiescone69 said:

Draft microbrewery ?

No there is a large pub with a brewery attached at the southern end of tge main road but I didn’t like the beer nor microbrewery s in general 

The pub is right beside the natural history museum 

Glosta, Cheers for the tips, I couldn't get the second link to work but the Cricova wine looks good as there appear to be  two good options which don't take up too much time (sending so others can see):-   

"professional",  2 Hours,  700 Lei (£29) importantly 😉 6 wines Cheese plate.

"traditional" 2H30 1,400 Lei (£60) 8 wines 😉 and full meal of buffet style. 

The one thing I'm not awfy sure about is how far it is from the centre - the address on the site seems to just be about 20 mins by Joe which would be fantastic but just worried that that is an office and not the actual place as I don't want us to be spending half the day travelling. 

We are thinking about doing Thursday 12 ish so we dont cut in to the rest of the day if anyone's looking in to it. 

Saw a few posts on here about folk doing a day trip to Transnistria. 2 of us wanting to visit too but would prefer to visit as part of a bigger group instead of just the pair of us. We get there early hours Wed morning and leave Sunday so if anyone is going and doesn't mind 2 Fifers tagging along then gies a shout. Cheers!

4 hours ago, Tartarian said:

Saw a few posts on here about folk doing a day trip to Transnistria. 2 of us wanting to visit too but would prefer to visit as part of a bigger group instead of just the pair of us. We get there early hours Wed morning and leave Sunday so if anyone is going and doesn't mind 2 Fifers tagging along then gies a shout. Cheers!

Davy busses I think has some slots on the Friday tour (that’s the one me and the old man are on). Have a look on Facebook. 

J