Your first XI vs Austria (Assuming there's no call offs) - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your first XI vs Austria (Assuming there's no call offs)

Taylor1996

Think it will be same team as played serbia with hendry in for gallagher as hes no played since January and armstrong in for jack. McGinn and mcgregor double pivot as it's now called with Armstrong and christie supporting dykes. Be happy with that as I do think mctominay gets lots of room in rcb  position where he can use his passing ability.

Edited by gaz7

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Who would you play?

Well if Christie is as badly out of form as our Celtic fans think we're kind of limited to Dykes/Adams.

Would prefer Christie or Fraser with Dykes but I am in the "players must be a 100% on form club".

Dykes might be off form but there is no real alternative to him.

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

Well if Christie is as badly out of form as our Celtic fans think we're kind of limited to Dykes/Adams.

Would prefer Christie or Fraser with Dykes but I am in the "players must be a 100% on form club".

Dykes might be off form but there is no real alternative to him.

We will always have players off form. If I remember correctly fraser scored when he'd barely played for Newcastle and he played well.in other games.

It's not always as simple as we think 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

We will always have players off form. If I remember correctly fraser scored when he'd barely played for Newcastle and he played well.in other games.

It's not always as simple as we think 

It's all up to Clarke really, he gets paid to assess the players. I don't get to pick the team on stats even though I was the school top trump cards winner three years running.

7 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

Ah right I get it. Armstrong and Adams will be subs at the very least whether he likes it or not 

Both are good players and I'd like to see them both play a part tomorrow night. Regardless of our opinions on Adams, he is here and he's playing at a higher level than any of our forwards. He has to play a part. 

This is how I would line up. As much as Gallagher hasn't been playing for Motherwell recently, hard to ignore his past performances for Scotland. I'd move McTominay into midfield to try to replace Jack and I would play McGinn as the 8 and let Armstrong push on to support Dykes and Fraser.

I realise that Clarke won't drop McGregor but I would as bar Belgrade, he's barely performed in a Scotland shirt.

Got a bad feeling about tomorrow sadly. Scotland 1-2 Austria.

Screenshot_20210324-175214_Chrome.jpg

8 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Are Robertson, McKenna, SOD or Dykes in any better form than Fraser? 

McKenna & Gallagher have both barely played in months it’s surprising to see either of them in so many peoples starting teams.

With Cooper sadly missing, a back 3 of Hanley, Hendry & Tierney would be my choice. 

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

McKenna & Gallagher have both barely played in months it’s surprising to see either of them in so many peoples starting teams.

With Cooper sadly missing, a back 3 of Hanley, Hendry & Tierney would be my choice. 

Well last year I'd say Gallagher was consistently our best player over the year. That is why fans have him in over Hendry who lacks experience in big matches in international football unlike Gallagher.

McKenna missed February but he played the 90 minutes in Forest’s last 3 games. 

If a player is fit enough to start his club matches he's fit enough to start for Scotland.

Way Clarke talking in press, sounds like plan was always to try McTominay in midfield tonight with Jack being a doubt (now out), so really a case of who takes his place at the back.

Do not think Adams is starting, unless Clarke pulls a fast one, but he is pretty loyal to players once in the team, so think he starts and Adams will come on in 2nd half.

.................................Marshall

Palmer.... Hanley....McKenna...Tierney....Robertson

...........McTominay...McGregor.....McGinn

.........................Dykes.....Fraser

Only questionable ones I suspect are Palmer and Hanley, as SoD could very easily start, and I think its hard to pick between Hanley and Hendry (Hanley means 3 left footed players at the back.... Gallagher has been out for a while, so doubt he will start)

12 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

This is how I would line up. As much as Gallagher hasn't been playing for Motherwell recently, hard to ignore his past performances for Scotland. I'd move McTominay into midfield to try to replace Jack and I would play McGinn as the 8 and let Armstrong push on to support Dykes and Fraser.

I realise that Clarke won't drop McGregor but I would as bar Belgrade, he's barely performed in a Scotland shirt.

Got a bad feeling about tomorrow sadly. Scotland 1-2 Austria.

Screenshot_20210324-175214_Chrome.jpg

There's no midfield play maker

Although agree McGregor performs one in ten Scotland games. Much as Forrest did

Sadly Gilmour denied opportunity to be considered for playmaker role

54 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Way Clarke talking in press, sounds like plan was always to try McTominay in midfield tonight with Jack being a doubt (now out), so really a case of who takes his place at the back.

Do not think Adams is starting, unless Clarke pulls a fast one, but he is pretty loyal to players once in the team, so think he starts and Adams will come on in 2nd half.

Only questionable ones I suspect are Palmer and Hanley, as SoD could very easily start, and I think its hard to pick between Hanley and Hendry (Hanley means 3 left footed players at the back.... Gallagher has been out for a while, so doubt he will start)

Hanley is right footed

54 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Hanley is right footed, he just plays on the left on occasion (e.g. previously for us). 

Just now, er yir macaroon said:

Hanley is right footed, he just plays on the left on occasion (e.g. previously for us). 

Ahhhh, someone was telling me that would give us three left footed players to go Hanley, McKenna, Tierney, so if the case then suspect Hanley is starting tonight then.