Scotland Squad Announced - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Squad Announced

PASTA Mick

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

No.

If you retire, you retire.

I had no complaints when Paul Lambert was back out of retirement. Lambert was genuinely world class. McGregor makes one decent (lucky) save in Euro and now he's Peter Schmeichel.

My God, that is a truly ignorant comment. McGregor has made fantastic saves in EVERY Euro tie for the last 3 seasons. Right now there is NO better goalie in the UK. But I think he is too decisive a person to change his mind now. His retirement helped to prolong his career.

I see that Michail Antonio has been left out of the Jamaica squad. He was holding out for England but then decided he wanted to go for Jamaica. I doubt if they have a better CF so is that not cutting off their noses to spite their face? Just raising that as a comparsion with Che Adams. Some folk think choice of national team only happens with Scotland.

1 hour ago, Burj_Alba said:

Does McGregor actually "want the gloves again" or is fat Sally just talking out of his a**e again? 

FWIW I agree and said it on other posts, especially if Marshall or Gordon gets injured. Don't rate McLaughlin.

I suspect its the latter. I dont listen to Talksport I just noticed the tweet on a news link earlier, but it sounded like an idea that had just come into his head 20 seconds before. 

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

My God, that is a truly ignorant comment. McGregor has made fantastic saves in EVERY Euro tie for the last 3 seasons. Right now there is NO better goalie in the UK. But I think he is too decisive a person to change his mind now. His retirement helped to prolong his career.

Apart from De Gea, Allison, Mendy, Ederson, Henderson, Schmeichel, Fabianski, Patricio, Pickford, Lloris, Martinez, Guatia, Johnstone, Meslier, Pope, Sanchez, Forster, Areola, Dubravka, Ramsdale.

Then we get to the Championship...

If you mean, he's the best keeper in Scotland, then fine. But the UK? He wouldn't make the bench at Old Trafford.

McGregor isn't the best goalie in the UK. Theres countless keepers better than him. 

20 minutes ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Whilst there's a few playing well at present,  it's difficult to argue with a manager who's taken us to our first tournament for over 20 years. He's obviously being loyal and taking squad unity as a factor. 

I wish people wouldn't give him so much credit for getting us there via the back door, a couple of draws and winning the lottery of a penalty shoot out twice.

McGregor has made fantastic saves in EVERY Euro tie for the last 3 seasons.

I'll take your word for it. I've only watched Rangers about twice this season.

But, I will take the word for SofaScore. This season he has a pretty average score in Europe:

Screenshot_20210318-133953_SofaScore.jpg

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I wish people wouldn't give him so much credit for getting us there via the back door, a couple of draws and winning the lottery of a penalty shoot out twice.

He deserves a lot of credit for changing a failing system. 

Levein and Strachan switched, briefly, then reverted back. At least Clarke had the testicular fortitude to stick with it, in the face of criticism, both online and in the press.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I suspect its the latter. I dont listen to Talksport I just noticed the tweet on a news link earlier, but it sounded like an idea that had just come into his head 20 seconds before. 

Mccoist is paid to get people talking and he's done that  

Calm yersel min.. mcgregor is a good keeper but not the best in the UK. 

31 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

He deserves a lot of credit for changing a failing system. 

Levein and Strachan switched, briefly, then reverted back. At least Clarke had the testicular fortitude to stick with it, in the face of criticism, both online and in the press.

To be fair I think we played just as well if not better in the last two games which we lost compared to the  previous ones that earned better results. 

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Apart from De Gea, Allison, Mendy, Ederson, Henderson, Schmeichel, Fabianski, Patricio, Pickford, Lloris, Martinez, Guatia, Johnstone, Meslier, Pope, Sanchez, Forster, Areola, Dubravka, Ramsdale.

Then we get to the Championship...

If you mean, he's the best keeper in Scotland, then fine. But the UK? He wouldn't make the bench at Old Trafford.

🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

I'll take your word for it. I've only watched Rangers about twice this season.

But, I will take the word for SofaScore. This season he has a pretty average score in Europe:

Screenshot_20210318-133953_SofaScore.jpg

I think if you’ve only watched Rangers twice this season you can’t comment on the performance of any Rangers players. 

You maybe should spend less time on here speaking shite and creating posts to satisfy your attention seeking nature, and more time watching the players you are so opinionated about. 

31 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

To be fair I think we played just as well if not better in the last two games which we lost compared to the  previous ones that earned better results. 

Can't argue with that.

Just looking at the stats for the Israel and Slovakia loses. We were unlucky. We had always twice the shots that Israel did.

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

I think if you’ve only watched Rangers twice this season you can’t comment on the performance of any Rangers players. 

You maybe should spend less time on here speaking shite and creating posts to satisfy your attention seeking nature, and more time watching the players you are so opinionated about. 

I have watched Allan McGregor over the years. I know what he's all about. Doubt at 39 he's peaking.

Attention seeking? Fine. You know what the perfect solution is? Stop giving me attention. 

Block me. Do it.

6 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I have watched Allan McGregor over the years. I know what he's all about. Doubt at 39 he's peaking.

Attention seeking? Fine. You know what the perfect solution is? Stop giving me attention. 

Block me. Do it.

Anyone who’s watched any amount of Rangers games this season knows Allan McGregor is at his best this season - says it all really your statement there 🤣

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

wish people wouldn't give him so much credit for getting us there via the back door, a couple of draws and winning the lottery of a penalty shoot out twic

Well said. It makes me laugh when people try to say he managed to get us there. He changed the system when we played a lot of the so called poorer nations and if you look at some of the performances we have been dire. scoring 1 goal in 4 games against these countries doesn't fill me with hope when it comes to the euros. He needs to change a few players and forget about loyalty.