Che Adams - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Che Adams

Taylor1996

Che Adams: Yay or Nay?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Che Adams be called up, presently?

• Yay - Sure, why not? He's scored 7 in 28 appearances...
    • Nay - He's rejected at least three approaches. He was English during the Euro 2020 Playoffs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/2021 at 12:00 AM

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Harry Maguire currently making Chris Wood look like Didier Drogba.

There's no doubt that Maguire would rather come up against Che Adams than Lyndon Dykes.

Adams offers less of a physical presence than McBurnie.

And much much much more of a goal threat 

On 4/17/2021 at 3:49 PM, vanderark14 said:

I'm not so sure. I think they're both in contention to be number one and I think they can play together.

It's great to see dykes hitting form. There is time for Adams to regain his place too.

these upcoming friendlies are a good chance for adams and dykes to show who should start the euro games assuming we only start 1 of them.

13 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

On the bench for the FA semi final against Leicester. 

On the bench for the third domestic match in a row. Doubt he's going to get many starts for Southampton before Euro 2020.

They play again on Wednesday. Likely he’ll start there. 

Dykes also didn’t start 3 in a row in March. But has come out firing once back in the team. 

31 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

They play again on Wednesday. Likely he’ll start there. 

Dykes also didn’t start 3 in a row in March. But has come out firing once back in the team. 

Technically, Southampton can still go down.

They'll start their full strength team from now till the end of the season. That doesn't include Adams. 

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Harry Maguire currently making Chris Wood look like Didier Drogba.

There's no doubt that Maguire would rather come up against Che Adams than Lyndon Dykes.

Adams offers less of a physical presence than McBurnie.

Utter nonsence. Are you able to provide an impartial opinion on anything?

Dykes' biggest asset is his physicality. This allows him to hold the ball up and bring others into play. In that sence he is a nightmare for defenders to play against as he doesnt give them a moments peace. However Maguires biggest asset is also his phyicality. He is bigger and stronger than Dykes so Dkyes plays into his comfort zone.

What Maguire lacks is pace. Therefore Adams would be the harder opponent. 

Jones on the other hand would prefer Adams and not enjoy Dykes.

3 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Utter nonsence. Are you able to provide an impartial opinion on anything?

Dykes' biggest asset is his physicality. This allows him to hold the ball up and bring others into play. In that sence he is a nightmare for defenders to play against as he doesnt give them a moments peace. However Maguires biggest asset is also his phyicality. He is bigger and stronger than Dykes so Dkyes plays into his comfort zone.

What Maguire lacks is pace. Therefore Adams would be the harder opponent. 

Jones on the other hand would prefer Adams and not enjoy Dykes.

I get the impression than most people giving their opinion on Che Adams have never watched him. Someone just said that he's a bigger goal threat than Mcburnie. Really? 

Have you watched Maguire? He's tall and quite big, but he's constantly bullied in physical contests. 

Who's "Jones"? Phil Jones? He hasn't played since January. He's iinjured. 

5 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I get the impression than most people giving their opinion on Che Adams have never watched him. Someone just said that he's a bigger goal threat than Mcburnie. Really? 

Have you watched Maguire? He's tall and quite big, but he's constantly bullied in physical contests. 

Are you now saying McBurnie is a bigger goal threat than Adams?

Even for you, that’s pretty ridiculous 🤣

Harry Maguire had four aerial duels today against the might of Burnley. He lost them all. Including the Burnley goal. He isn't exactly Jaap Stam or Steve Bruce.

Against Serbia Lyndon Dykes bullied Milenkovic (Serie A), Mitrovic (Ligue A) and Gudeji (La Liga).

There's zero doubt that Harry Maguire would be petrified of facing Lyndon Dykes. As he was with Chris Wood today.

17 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Typo. Stones. He is likely to partner Maguire for England.

Are you saying that Adams isnt faster than Dykes? Or indeed faster than Maguire?

Maguire rarely gets bullied. Do you disagree that physicality is one of his best assets. If so what do you think they are?

1 minute ago, Diamond Scot said:

Maguire rarely gets bullied. Do you disagree that physicality is one of his best assets. If so what do you think they are?

4 aerial duels, won 0% would suggest otherwise.

His biggest assets is tackling and general ground duels. I take a lot if interest in Manchester United. Him and Lindelof are constantly being bullied in the air.

33 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

His biggest assets is tackling and general ground duels. I take a lot if interest in Manchester United. Him and Lindelof are constantly being bullied in the air.

This is one game, everyone has poor games. Over the season Maguire is top 5% of all EPL players in aerial duels won and aerial duel win %. He’s obviously not been ‘constantly bullied in the air’. Stop making things up to suit your argument! 

5 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

This is one game, everyone has poor games. Over the season Maguire is top 5% of all EPL players in aerial duels won and aerial duel win %. He’s obviously not been ‘constantly bullied in the air’. Stop making things up to suit your argument! 

The variable?

Going up against teams that have aerial threats. A lot of teams don't. When he goes up against tall strikers, more times than not, he loses the duel.

Imaging him going up against the linked of Joe Jordan, Mark Hately and Duncan Ferguson. He'd get destroyed.

Which is why it's the best idea to start with Dykes. 

25 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

The variable?

Going up against teams that have aerial threats. A lot of teams don't. When he goes up against tall strikers, more times than not, he loses the duel.

Imaging him going up against the linked of Joe Jordan, Mark Hately and Duncan Ferguson. He'd get destroyed.

Which is why it's the best idea to start with Dykes. 

I like Dykes and probably would start him against England. I just wouldn’t expect him to win much against Maguire. 

Both Dykes and Adams would be interesting. Pace and directness on a counter attacks will likely cause Maguire more problems. And why not include Dykes as an out ball and extra aerial threat at set pieces. 

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Oliver McBurnie: Matches - 190 - Scored - 55 (1 goal every 3.4 matches)

Che Adams: Matches - 247 - Scored - 64 (1 goal every 3.8 matches)

I'm not sure why people have this misconception that Che Adams has a much better goal record than McBurnie.

Because in recent history he does. 

Grant Hanley has a better goal scoring record than McBurnie over the past 12 months. Says it all. 

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

You use stats to support your point but when the post below you shows that your stats actually show the opposite of what your position is you change tact.

You have highlighted he didnt win any aerial challenges today, but then somebody shows that he is in top 5% of ariel duels won in the EPL and you change to say it must be the style of most EPL teams.

You say you watch alot of Man Utd. If you do then surely you would be aware that he win the vast majority of ariel duels as the stats show.

And being physical isnt just about in the air. Its moving attackers off the ball, not allowing them to shield it etc. Everything that Dykes is good at. So again, it plays into Maguires wheelbase.

Why not just be honest and say you dislike Adams and therefore cant be objective about him. Because its clear you cant put forward a reasoned argument using your stats or opinions.

23 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

You use stats to support your point but when the post below you shows that your stats actually show the opposite of what your position is you change tact.

You have highlighted he didnt win any aerial challenges today, but then somebody shows that he is in top 5% of ariel duels won in the EPL and you change to say it must be the style of most EPL teams.

You say you watch alot of Man Utd. If you do then surely you would be aware that he win the vast majority of ariel duels as the stats show.

And being physical isnt just about in the air. Its moving attackers off the ball, not allowing them to shield it etc. Everything that Dykes is good at. So again, it plays into Maguires wheelbase.

Why not just be honest and say you dislike Adams and therefore cant be objective about him. Because its clear you cant put forward a reasoned argument using your stats or opinions.

It does?

Well, statitusts can be tenuous. I mean, let's say that Harry Kane was going up against dwarves and munchins. His stats would most probably be 100% success rate. Stats can sometimes be misleading. So, it's usyeally best to watch 90 minutes rather than use statistics.

See above. The EPL isn't what it once was. It is more continental than it used to be. Take the leading striker in the EPL, Harry Kane, I don't think I've ever seen him ever win a header as he isn't that type of striker. Neither is Firminho, Salah, Mane, Aquero, Vardy, etc.

Wheelbase? You mean "wheelhouse"? As I said, Harry Maguire is far better in the ground than he is in the air.

I don't dislike him as a human being. As a player? He's a Championship player.

1 hour ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

I like Dykes and probably would start him against England. I just wouldn’t expect him to win much against Maguire. 

Both Dykes and Adams would be interesting. Pace and directness on a counter attacks will likely cause Maguire more problems. And why not include Dykes as an out ball and extra aerial threat at set pieces. 

I think Dykes would give Maguire a torrid time.

I like the one striker and one number 10 dynamic. That being the case, Adams cannot be relied upon.

I'm not sure what information people here have got, but I assure you, Adams cannot  score.

27 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

It does?

Well, statistics can be tenuous. I mean, let's say that Harry Kane was going up against dwarves and munchkins. His stats would most probably be 100% success rate. Stats can sometimes be misleading. So, it's usually best to watch 90 minutes rather than use statistics.

Christ. The typo fanatics in this place are going to have a field day with that post. 😛

47 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

It does?

Well, statitusts can be tenuous. I mean, let's say that Harry Kane was going up against dwarves and munchins. His stats would most probably be 100% success rate. Stats can sometimes be misleading. So, it's usyeally best to watch 90 minutes rather than use statistics.

See above. The EPL isn't what it once was. It is more continental than it used to be. Take the leading striker in the EPL, Harry Kane, I don't think I've ever seen him ever win a header as he isn't that type of striker. Neither is Firminho, Salah, Mane, Aquero, Vardy, etc.

Wheelbase? You mean "wheelhouse"? As I said, Harry Maguire is far better in the ground than he is in the air.

I don't dislike him as a human being. As a player? He's a Championship player.

You introduced Stats and then backtrack when it turns out they prove the exact opposite of what yiu are saying. 

You claim to watch alot of football but you are clueless. Harry Kane has scored 26 headers in the EPL alone.

You dont even know what foot players kick with.

Harry Maguire is captain of the team that is 2nd top of the EPL, semi final of Europa League and 1st centre back on the team sheet for England. Yes a Championship level defender indeed.

And if we are being padantic. Do you mean on the ground? Not in the ground? Unless you mean he is better dead?

Just accept you made a poor comment, based on a dislike of a player, backed it up with stats that backfired, then claimed stats dont matter whilst making another poor point based on your knowledge of football that also turned out to be alot of rubbish.

Kane not good in the air. Deary me.

3 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

You introduced Stats and then backtrack when it turns out they prove the exact opposite of what yiu are saying. 

You claim to watch alot of football but you are clueless. Harry Kane has scored 26 headers in the EPL alone.

You dont even know what foot players kick with.

Harry Maguire is captain of the team that is 2nd top of the EPL, semi final of Europa League and 1st centre back on the team sheet for England. Yes a Championship level defender indeed.

And if we are being padantic. Do you mean on the ground? Not in the ground? Unless you mean he is better dead?

Just accept you made a poor comment, based on a dislike of a player, backed it up with stats that backfired, then claimed stats dont matter whilst making another poor point based on your knowledge of football that also turned out to be alot of rubbish.

Kane not good in the air. Deary me.

I actually watched the match today: real time stats.

Mate, every single paragraph, apart from the first one, you've insulted me, therefore, there's no point discussing it further.

This Is what having the higher ground looks like.

9 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Out of 164 goals?

That's what, every 5 goal? Very prolific in the air. Indeed.

Clueless? How about you learn to debate without throwing around silly insults. Once you can do that, look me up. :)