Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Adams is 24. I believe neurologists think that the brain doesn't fully develop until that age. And that is the scientific explanation for why he has done the right thing in opting for the dark blue of Scotland!

Edited by Hertsscot
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well you arent a Scotland fan then. End of.  You are correct. Many people will hold the same view as you on Armstrong and McAllister. Those people are also not fans. Unforgiveable would be s

Adams is 24. I believe neurologists think that the brain doesn't fully develop until that age. And that is the scientific explanation for why he has done the right thing in opting for the dark blue of

He hasn’t decided he is Scottish. He qualifies as Scottish (and qualified as soon as he was born) and it seems like he wants to play for us according to reports. And is clearly well within the rules. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

I'm not sure of the difference. One's just more polite

If anyone finds playing for Scotland a 'hindrance' then I'm happy for them to walk.

The difference is significant. If you offered somebody a sweet and they said not at the moment thanks or Fuck Off, you can ramm your sweet im sure you would see the difference.

Hinderance probably wasnt the correct word to use. Just highlighting the international football takes sacrifice and nobody would do it unless they actually wanted to. Would you give up the vast majority of your holidays to go and do something that you didnt want to do? Why would it be any different for a footballer?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I assumed Adam’s had a decent scoring rate hence his inclusion. 7 in 28, turns out he’s sh*te as well. We’ve no chance of doing anything with this current mob of strikers, get them all TF

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JECK said:

I assumed Adam’s had a decent scoring rate hence his inclusion. 7 in 28, turns out he’s sh*te as well. We’ve no chance of doing anything with this current mob of strikers, get them all TF

And then sack Clarke so we can bring in Levein to play without any strikers. Aye, right you are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JECK said:

Obviously not but it’s a thoroughly demoralising state of play. We’re talking Berti Vogts era levels with where we are at the moment with our strikers 

Not quite that bad. We now have 3 epl strikers, a championship striker and some scottish prem to choose from. 

Problem is that none of them appear to be playing well at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JECK said:

I assumed Adam’s had a decent scoring rate hence his inclusion. 7 in 28, turns out he’s sh*te as well. We’ve no chance of doing anything with this current mob of strikers, get them all TF

He is playing at a high level and he isn't really a goalscoring forward. He's more a second striker who provides assists and hold up play. A bit like Steven fletcher. It's not often we have strikers who can cut it in a top league so he's defo an upgrade on what we have ability wise. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Not quite that bad. We now have 3 epl strikers, a championship striker and some scottish prem to choose from. 

Problem is that none of them appear to be playing well at all.

Burke and McBurnie can't cut it at epl level. 

Our options are still pretty poor in terms of strikers. Adams is the only 1 who is good enough for the epl, maybe Griffiths could be as well if he sorted himself out but it seems like he wants piss his career down the drain. 

We could do with a bona-fide goalscorer to emerge as goals have been a problem for years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Griffiths in his present mindset is useless. He needs to get his head / attitude sorted if he is ever to be considered again.

Its frustrating as a fit, in form Griffith would start every game for us.

He's still managed a goal every 122mins although I agree he seems determined to fuck his best years down the drain. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

So you would rather see Jordan Rhodes, Steven Fletcher or Eamonn Brophy resurrected than an in-form striker from the EPL who has a Scottish heritage?

Germany has included non-German players just because they acquire a German passport; we can't do 

I don't give a toss what Germany do.It's Scotland that I'm totally committed to.Pity you can't say the same about this adams character.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad for the guy. He’s made a IMO good choice at a time after much deliberation. Three countries over the last seven years have tried to tie him to their national teams. 
he’s a cute name too. Everton as a middle name is boss 🥑

he’s already played for St Andrew’s too

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Not quite that bad. We now have 3 epl strikers, a championship striker and some scottish prem to choose from. 

Problem is that none of them appear to be playing well at all.

McBurnie and Burke aren’t EPL level strikers. 

Adams has a few goals recently he’s in quite good form actually. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

McBurnie and Burke aren’t EPL level strikers. 

Adams has a few goals recently he’s in quite good form actually. 

I agree, McBurnie and Burke arent EPL level strikers but they are curently strikers who play in the EPL. 

My point being that things are bad but they aint Crawford or Kyle bad!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I agree, McBurnie and Burke arent EPL level strikers but they are curently strikers who play in the EPL. 

My point being that things are bad but they aint Crawford or Kyle bad!!!

Yes I get you. 

The squad now is light years away from then.

Some positions though are iffy and not dissimilar to that period in terms of the ability of the players.

You look at our squad and you feel like the following would really improve it though;

Patterson for Palmer 

Kelly for McLauglin

Turnbull for McLean

Gauld for McBurnie

Cooper for Considine

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not happy he chose the english over us, but he is committed to Scotland now. Bang a few in and I'll maybe change ma mind..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Clarke said something along the lines of “if a player (already  contacted and declined) wants to get in touch after the euros, i’ll consider it.” Since technically the WC qualifiers are after the Euros i think this is what has happened. It’s a bigger squad, Adams is in. He’ll drop out for the Euros even if he scores three hat-tricks. I think the other players would be okay with this, and it would be a risky move otherwise. If one of the strikers that got us qualified gets injured, things may be different. 

No disrespect but that's total nonsense. He is in the squad now then it's his place to lose. If he plays & performs well in the WC qualifiers he goes to the Euros on current form simple as.. 

    As for strikers that got us qualified apart from Dykes let's not even go there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, wanderer said:

If he tuned in to the game, chances are it was more to see how Stewart Armstrong was getting on, rather than wanting Scotland to win.

I do not think anyone is kidding themselves that he is seriously committed to Scotland for anything more than he is nowhere near the England team and Steve Clarke has offered him a chance to go to the Euros.

Its what he does from now on that matters.

Irrelevant as he is committed now 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Irrelevant as he is committed now 😉

Is he? I doubt it with every fibre in my body.

He has said he is willing to finally represent Scotland after finally giving up hope of his preferred choice of England ever coming calling. If you can call that committed - fair enough.

Is he the sort I'd expect to see him run through brick walls for us, turn up for squads carrying niggles, give 100% commitment and effort to the cause and sticking around if things don't go to plan then I say not.  Someone who rejects representing a country three times cannot be called committed to the cause.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Is he? I doubt it with every fibre in my body.

He has said he is willing to finally represent Scotland after finally giving up hope of his preferred choice of England ever coming calling. If you can call that committed - fair enough.

Is he the sort I'd expect to see him run through brick walls for us, turn up for squads carrying niggles, give 100% commitment and effort to the cause and sticking around if things don't go to plan then I say not.  Someone who rejects representing a country three times cannot be called committed to the cause.

As for the 'sad' reaction to this post then yes it is sad that Scotland fans put such low stock from what they expect from players who represent Scotland. I never thought I'd see the day people were pleased and excited that someone point blank rejects chances to represent Scotland THREE times to THREE different managers and only changes his mind when the Euros are on the horizon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

As for the 'sad' reaction to this post then yes it is sad that Scotland fans put such low stock from what they expect from players who represent Scotland. I never thought I'd see the day people were pleased and excited that someone point blank rejects chances to represent Scotland THREE times to THREE different managers and only changes his mind when the Euros are on the horizon.

I wouldn't take the emojis too seriously, I have had literally 18 emojis tags in the last couple of mins, pretty sure this Chripper guy is just emoji tagging everybodies posts like the crackpot he is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

As for the 'sad' reaction to this post then yes it is sad that Scotland fans put such low stock from what they expect from players who represent Scotland. I never thought I'd see the day people were pleased and excited that someone point blank rejects chances to represent Scotland THREE times to THREE different managers and only changes his mind when the Euros are on the horizon.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the emoji thing. Personally, it's been happening to me since the end of last year. In another thread I said that I know a lot of women that have been raped.. you guessed it. The reaction was a laughing emoji. 

But yeah, I'm totally on the same page as you with regards the Che Adams situation.

My poll would suggest that you and I are in the minority. 74% of the voters are happy to see Adams called up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I wouldn't pay much attention to the emoji thing. Personally, it's been happening to me since the end of last year. In another thread I said that I know a lot of women that have been raped.. you guessed it. The reaction was a laughing emoji. 

But yeah, I'm totally on the same page as you with regards the Che Adams situation.

My poll would suggest that you and I are in the minority. 74% of the voters are happy to see Adams called up.

Was it you that tagged literally 18 emojis on my posts in the space of 4mins today? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...