Che Adams - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Che Adams

wanderer

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Really? McBurnie's value jumped a whopping £17m with one good season in the Championship. 

I think we all know that several players got a big move on the back of a good World Cup/European Championship: Poborsky, Nedved, Berger, Diouf, Salenko, Arshavin, James Rodrigues, Jensen, Collins. Didn't Platt and Gascoigne move to Serie A after Italia 90?

I'm not sure why people are feeling personally attacked by the Armstrong thing. He's hopeless.

Qouting McBurnies price rise proves my point not yours. McBurnies price jumped due to performances at club level in England. If Dykes continues to not score for QPR but scored 5 at the Euros for Scotland are you expecting a 20 million move to the EPL?

If your point stood up then David Healy would have been playing in the EPL. Wasnt he joint top scorer in one of the qualifiers for NI?

Of course playing well at internation level can give you better exposure and maybe put you in the shop window abit but when you have a player who has played in England his entire career and is currently playing every week in the EPL. Playing for Scotland to increase his value is hardly likely to be any sort of motivation at all. 

Armstrong is one of Scotlands top performers at club level and has never let Scotland down. Yes and I dont include an ill judged pass as letting Scotland down. There was still alot to do when he made that pass. Id rather encourage players to be brave on the ball. McGinn has given away far more chances and goals his early scotland career and you want him playing deeper.

Guest Scot1

I’d play Mcginn deeper, I think he’s matured as a player in a similar role at Aston Villa. It is true that he was prone to a bad back pass earlier in his Scotland career, but I believe he’s removed that from his game. I believe his physicality, aggression, mobility and his passing makes him better than anyone else in the squad for the role. Paired with McTominay, I think we have a quality, well balanced midfield duo that can pivot throughout the game, offer a threat going forward and provide protection for the defence. 

Edited by Scot1

13 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

McGinn has given away far more chances and goals his early scotland career and you want him playing deeper.

Says who?

I trust him as much as I trust Armstrong. I'd play McGinn as either the second striker or the attacking midfielder. 

He's a far better player than Armstrong. Armstrong is vastly overrated on here. He's done nothing of note, at club level or international level.

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

Says who?

I trust him as much as I trust Armstrong. I'd play McGinn as either the second striker or the attacking midfielder. 

He's a far better player than Armstrong. Armstrong is vastly overrated on here. He's done nothing of note, at club level or international level.

Says anybody who watches Scotland matches. There was a spell when he was constantly giving away cheap possession. Belgium at home springs to mind. And im a fan of McGinn.

If Armstrong is so poor why was he a constant pick for league winning Celtic, why did an EPL side buy him and then continue to play him?

7 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

I’d play Mcginn deeper, I think he’s matured as a player in a similar role at Aston Villa. It is true that he was prone to a bad back pass earlier in his Scotland career, but I believe he’s removed that from his game. I believe his physicality, aggression, mobility and his passing makes him better than anyone else in the squad for the role. Paired with McTominay, I think we have a quality, well balanced midfield duo that can pivot throughout the game, offer a threat going forward and provide protection for the defence. 

Im dont disagree my point about McGinn was purely to highlight that good players can make bad passes, especially when getting used to Int football.

1 minute ago, Diamond Scot said:

Says anybody who watches Scotland matches. There was a spell when he was constantly giving away cheap possession. Belgium at home springs to mind. And im a fan of McGinn.

If Armstrong is so poor why was he a constant pick for league winning Celtic, why did an EPL side buy him and then continue to play him?

Oh. When you said "you" I thought you meant me, not in general.

Dunno. A dare?

Guest Scot1
4 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Im dont disagree my point about McGinn was purely to highlight that good players can make bad passes, especially when getting used to Int football.

Ah I see, I agree that we are guilty at times of impatience. It should be remembered that our squad as a whole is still very young and relatively inexperienced at international football, few of our players have over 30 caps. So we are going to make errors at this level.

Edited by Scot1

32 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

He's doing it to wind people up/attention seeking. 

His posting style reminds me of TalkSport (Adrian Durham etc). Likes to mix up popular opinions with ones that provoke reactions, then repeats the ones that get reactions multiple times over. Not forgetting the arrogance that he delivers these opinions with. 

2 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

His posting style reminds me of TalkSport (Adrian Durham etc). Likes to mix up popular opinions with ones that provoke reactions, then repeats the ones that get reactions multiple times over. Not forgetting the arrogance that he delivers these opinions with. 

What exactly does "attention seeking" mean? Other than a buzz phase.

If you don't agree with my opinion, fine. But for some weird reason you think if someone differs from your personal opinion it's "attention seeking". 

It's lazy.

If you don't want to reply, don't reply. Quite frankly, 99% of the time I don't even want a reply.

The facts are that he cost us an historic win against our fiercest and oldest rivals. Or am I lying?

Edited by Taylor1996

3 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

What Stuart Armstrong did was unforgivable. I find it impossible to think that I'm the only one who has that opinion.

People are forgetting that Gary McAllister was never forgiven by some sections of the Tartan Army for the England penalty miss/save. Even booing him. Paul Lambert getting booed for passing backwards (and maintaining possession) rather than passing it forward and probably losing the ball. 

Or the section that booed Chris Martin when he came on against England. (Before winning two of the free kicks that should have meant victory)

For some reason Stuart Armstrong gets instantly forgiven?

I don't think so.

But yeah, I'm done justifying my... dislike for Stuart Armstrong. People can either like it or lump it. I'm done talking about him.

Edited by Taylor1996

2 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Put me on ignore.

Never post in any of my threads.

Simple.

Bye.

14 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

What Stuart Armstrong did was unforgivable. I find it impossible to think that I'm the only one who has that opinion.

People are forgetting that Gary McAllister was never forgiven by some sections of the Tartan Army for the England penalty miss/save. Even booing him. Paul Lambert getting booed for passing backwards (and maintaining possession) rather than passing it forward and probably losing the ball. 

Or the section that booed Chris Martin when he came on against England. (Before winning two of the free kicks that should have meant victory)

For some reason Stuart Armstrong gets instantly forgiven?

I don't think so.

But yeah, I'm done justifying my... dislike for Stuart Armstrong. People can either like it or lump it. I'm done talking about him.

Well you arent a Scotland fan then. End of. 

You are correct. Many people will hold the same view as you on Armstrong and McAllister. Those people are also not fans.

Unforgiveable would be something done on purpose. Not a mistake made in a free flowing game of sport.

Mindset of a 5 year old.

21 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Well you arent a Scotland fan then. End of. 

You are correct. Many people will hold the same view as you on Armstrong and McAllister. Those people are also not fans.

Unforgiveable would be something done on purpose. Not a mistake made in a free flowing game of sport.

Mindset of a 5 year old.

Cool.

I'm not a Scotland fan because I dislike one of our players?

Does that rule apply to around 90% of Scotland fans who dislike McBurnie? How about the people that dislike Jack and Fraser? Stephen O'Donnell? Forrest? Etc?

By your logic, there's zero Scotland fans here.

2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Cool.

I'm not a Scotland fan because I dislike one of our players?

Does that rule apply to around 90% of Scotland fans who dislike McBurnie? How about the people that dislike Jack and Fraser? Stephen O'Donnell? Forrest? Etc?

By your logic, there's zero Scotland fans here.

Theres a difference between not rating a player because their perceived ability / form etc and stating that a player making a poor pass is unforgiveable and then basing every conversation on them on that one moment.

Its immature to say the least.

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

This thread is ruined by his pish as per 

Aye, alright.

The previous 7 or so pages of the Players in action have went off topic.

Suppose I'm getting the blame for that, too.

And the Celtic and Rangers threads are all about personal attacks and insults.

That was me, too, was it?

Don't see you going into most of the threads here and telling people off for taking them off topic.

Course not, as you have something against me. Like I said to Vanderank (sp?) This gruge you got going is going one way. I assure you. :)

14 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Theres a difference between not rating a player because their perceived ability / form etc and stating that a player making a poor pass is unforgiveable and then basing every conversation on them on that one moment.

Its immature to say the least.

Oh really? Someone doesn't like Jack because of how he left Averdeen. The one hates Fraser is because of the way he left Bournemouth. 

I'm done talking about Stuart Armstrong.

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

Oh really? Someone doesn't like Jack because of how he left Averdeen. The one hates Fraser is because of the way he left Bournemouth. 

I'm done talking about Stuart Armstrong.

Yet again there is a huge difference. There are many that dont like Jack for example however they dont then base their footballing opinion on it. In addition how a player conducts himself off the pitch is a choice. Misplacing a pass isnt a choicd, its a natural consequence of playing sport.

If you cant see that then I cant help you.

You lose all credibility when basing arguments on things like that. Its primary school behaviour.