Che Adams - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Che Adams

wanderer

Just now, Return of Yermaw said:

aye me too. With Dykes scoring again and hitting a bit of form I think Dykes will start as don't see Clarke starting with two out and out strikers - may be wrong. I think Adams is likely to start from the bench and as a competitive qualifier, hope he gets brought on and tied down!

I agree but I'd have no issues with both playing if clarke persists with 3 at the back and two up top.

Dykes and Adams up top 

Mcginn, mctominey and arsmtrong/christie behind them sounds bloody good to me.

3 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

since playing 3 at the back, has Clarke had McBurnie and Dykes on at the same time?  It's always been one with Fraser or Christie pushing on, no? Hope he does start with Dykes and Adams - that could be a game changer! Quite excited now - will take out a NOW TV football package for the month (with the Old Firm game today). Am £33.99 excited!

🤣🤣🤣

I think I've got one month left of discounted sky sports then it turns off. It will be now TV or perhaps the not so official channels in the future 

7 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

7 goals and 4 assists in his 24 EPL starts this season sounds a lot better.

It does, but any striker can hit a purple patch. I've watched Adams for years, he's not a great goalscorer, but he is a striker of great goals.

In five seasons, he's only scored more that 7 goals in a season, once. Bearing in mind, for 3 of those seasons he was in the Championship. 

Hopefully he has a change of heart and listens to his heart, opposed to his agent.

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

🤣🤣🤣

I think I've got one month left of discounted sky sports then it turns off. It will be now TV or perhaps the not so official channels in the future 

so I stream normally tbh but with the pop-ups and occasional freezing etc as well as having to watch on lap-op I tend to take out a NOW TV  month subscription if a few games are coming up that I fancy. NOW used to offer a week package which was ideal for double headers and the preceding weekend Scottish Premiership game. 

I couldn't justify taking out Sky Sports or BT Sports for a regular monthly subscription. 

Anyway......

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

It does, but any striker can hit a purple patch. I've watched Adams for years, he's not a great goalscorer, but he is a striker of great goals.

In five seasons, he's only scored more that 7 goals in a season, once. Bearing in mind, for 3 of those seasons he was in the Championship. 

Hopefully he has a change of heart and listens to his heart, opposed to his agent.

Is there a player you haven't watched for years? 

1 minute ago, Return of Yermaw said:

so I stream normally tbh but with the pop-ups and occasional freezing etc as well as having to watch on lap-op I tend to take out a NOW TV  month subscription if a few games are coming up that I fancy. NOW used to offer a week package which was ideal for double headers and the preceding weekend Scottish Premiership game. 

I couldn't justify taking out Sky Sports or BT Sports for a regular monthly subscription. 

Anyway......

I just checked this out. Now tv Now offer only a day pass or month pass and they have both gone up in price. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I know mate, I worded my post incorrectly. I should've said taylor likes to join in with off topic debates and once he's had his say or someone corrects him he quickly wants the thread back on topic.

I'm just hoping Adams starts next week 😎👍🏻

I can’t make up my mind if he’s very thick or pretending to be. It’s definitely one of them but it’s hard to tell 

11 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

I can’t make up my mind if he’s very thick or pretending to be. It’s definitely one of them but it’s hard to tell 

Alright. I'll bite, just this once. (You're welcome)

Which of my opinions do you seem to be devoid of intelligence? Don't cop out by saying "all of them", or a variant of same.

Bearing in mind, if you avoid my question you're basically retracting the aforementioned comment and embarrassing yourself in front of the gallery.

Avoid the question and the statute of limitations of my giving you my attention will expire.

And Soccer? Yeah. I'm in Hamilton, Scotland... not Canada. So... no.

And you have a short memory, didn't the mob used to call you "Non Proud Scot"? If you can't beat them, eh?

Edited by Taylor1996

3 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Looking back through 7 years of posts is a new low, even for you 🤣

I wonder which username you used then 🤪

Took one click of a button. It was hardly a trek to Mordor.

So, you can't directly quote an alleged "thick" comment and/or opinion? Or was it just a throwaway line for psychological warfare? If no. Bad job.

Anyway, enough trolling. This Is a Che Adams thread. Get on topic or get out, respectfully. :)

15 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Looking back through 7 years of posts is a new low, even for you 🤣

I wonder which username you used then 🤪

He's got a hard neck preaching to you about avoiding questions 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, noctonjock said:

I think if Adams starts would like to see Armstrong start too. Been impressed with them both when I've seen Southampton 

I have to agree, Armstrong has been an ever present (more or less) for Southampton this season. Adams + Armstrong starting against Austria would be the way forward

16 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

It's be at least three matches to potentially increase his value and put himself in the shop window. His agent probably gave him the push to play for us.

Southampton are a selling club. Always has been. I doubt anyone of note is going to buy Adams or Armstrong. They're hardly Shearer and Bale.

If they keep up for their form, they could go down this season. Which isn't a surprise with a striker (Adams) who can't score and a midfielder (Armstrong) often struggling to distinguish between friend and foe.

Utter nonsence. Adams could score in all 3 games and you would be lucky if his value went up by 500k. His value will be determined almost solely on his performances in the EPL. If he has been as bad as you say in the EPL do you really think another EPL club is going to come in for him based on a few goals for Scotland.

As for Armstrong, ive no idea what you are smoking. He has been a consistent performer in the EPL for well over a year. Rarely wastes a pass and is one of the most forward looking players we had. If all this is based on 1 bad decision against England then its petty to say the least.

4 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

As for Armstrong, ive no idea what you are smoking. He has been a consistent performer in the EPL for well over a year. Rarely wastes a pass and is one of the most forward looking players we had.
If all this is based on 1 bad decision against England then its petty to say the least.

100% agree with this, Armstrong for me is a starter and on current form ahead of McGregor in Midfield 

Back on topic, Che Adams must surely start on Thursday night now!
McBurnie another blank and frustrating performance and his confidence must be shot to pieces.......

Dykes + Adams together up front, or Adams just playing off/behind Dykes 

26 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Utter nonsence. Adams could score in all 3 games and you would be lucky if his value went up by 500k. His value will be determined almost solely on his performances in the EPL. If he has been as bad as you say in the EPL do you really think another EPL club is going to come in for him based on a few goals for Scotland.

As for Armstrong, ive no idea what you are smoking. He has been a consistent performer in the EPL for well over a year. Rarely wastes a pass and is one of the most forward looking players we had. If all this is based on 1 bad decision against England then its petty to say the least.

Really? McBurnie's value jumped a whopping £17m with one good season in the Championship. 

I think we all know that several players got a big move on the back of a good World Cup/European Championship: Poborsky, Nedved, Berger, Diouf, Salenko, Arshavin, James Rodrigues, Jensen, Collins. Didn't Platt and Gascoigne move to Serie A after Italia 90?

I'm not sure why people are feeling personally attacked by the Armstrong thing. He's hopeless.

16 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Just saw the Southampton goals yesterday. 

People here were attributing two assists to Armstrong. lol. One of the "assists" was a brush off one of his hairs, the next "assist" was when he hit the post, and Redmond knocked it in.

It was barely one assist. 

Redmond was credit with one of the assists. 

Who was attributing two to Armstrong?