Che Adams - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Che Adams

wanderer

55 minutes ago, todd said:

Doesn't look great but, fuck, is there anyone alive who'd be comfortable getting their phone over analysed? He who casts the first stone and all that 🤔

Exactly.

With some people it's black and white. (No pun intended

You can condemn and also forgive at the same time. The majority of people hold grudges forever and cast up comments or actions, against people, for the rest of their natural lives.

It's more of a self reflection than anything else. Just because the accusers aren't able to mature and grow and learn from their mistakes, they think no one else can. It's a strange way to live.

Like the people that got James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy 3, for tweeting off colour humour, in his formative years. Like I said, strange.

Edited by Taylor1996

9 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Using emoticons excessively? Got into the habit, have we? The mask has slipped on the identity of the emoji bomber.

Also, whilst I'm here. All this comment bombing me by referring to me in the third person, in random threads, Is jarring.

If you have something to say to me, say it to me. All this third person (and emoji) nonsense is you just itching for collaborators. 1 vs 1 isn't your style, it would appear.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

For the 2nd time in two weeks it's only you and I chatting here, nobody else. 

I've no idea who's behind the emojis, if it's bothers you that much do what I did and switch off notifications. 

I have a question for you , why did you come back under a new username after being banned 2 or 3 times? Most people take the hint

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

For the 2nd time in two weeks it's only you and I chatting here, nobody else. 

I've no idea who's behind the emojis, if it's bothers you that much do what I did and switch off notifications. 

I have a question for you , why did you come back under a new username after being banned 2 or 3 times? Most people take the hint

More emoticons? Nice. Has it become a habit?

Only me and you? Hardly. PM me, then it'll be 1 vs 1. Or shall I?

What, like you got banned about a week ago?

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

More emoticons? Nice. Has it become a habit?

Only me and you? Hardly. PM me, then it'll be 1 vs 1. Or shall I?

What, like you got banned about a week ago?

I didn't get banned wee man, I got suspended. You've been banned and had to create two or three new usernames. Good swerve tho.

Feel free to PM me all you want. 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

I didn't get banned wee man, I got suspended. You've been banned and had to create two or three new usernames. Good swerve tho.

Feel free to PM me all you want. 

Suspended? For what? For breaking the rules and being verbally abusive?

Ah. So, you can side-attack me on here, on a daily basis, but you can't initiate PM contact? Why is that?

In the subject of side-attacking and piling on. I've not once did that to you. It's obvious that you have a bee in your bonnet about something, but I assure you, this grudge you got going is just going in one direction. :)

10 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Suspended? For what? For breaking the rules and being verbally abusive?

Ah. So, you can side-attack me on here, on a daily basis, but you can't initiate PM contact? Why is that?

In the subject of side-attacking and piling on. I've not once did that to you. It's obvious that you have a bee in your bonnet about something, but I assure you, this grudge you got going is just going in one direction. :)

Why did you avoid my question? Why are you deflecting chripper? 

EDIT  sorry I forgot 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by vanderark14

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Why did you avoid my question? Why are you deflecting chripper? 

You know why I don't side attack you? You know why I never have or never will?

I just don't care enough about you. It's really that cut and dry. :)

Over the years I've beaten you from every single conceivable angle. Easily. You know it and I know it. That's why you keep side-attacking me. It's time for you to move on and get yourself an easier mark.

Anyway. This thread is about Che Adams. I'm not bestowing upon you any more of my time.

This part of the forum is about football, not about people who are unable to shake off petty, sophmoric grudges dating years.

"These aren't the droids you're looking for"

PS. My PM is always open, if you ever put on your big boy clothes. :)

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

You know why I don't side attack you? You know why I never have or never will?

I just don't care enough about you. It's really that cut and dry. :)

Over the years I've beaten you from every single conceivable angle. Easily. You know it and I know it. That's why you keep side-attacking me. It's time for you to move on and get yourself an easier mark.

Anyway. This thread is about Che Adams. I'm not bestowing upon you any more of my time.

This part of the forum is about football, not about people who are unable to shake off petty, sophmoric grudges dating years.

"These aren't the droids you're looking for"

PS. My PM is always open, if you ever put on your big boy clothes. :)

Deflect deflect deflect 

You don't care about me but yet here you are replying a d deflecting. What exactly have you beaten me at chripper? Is it avoiding the truth, you're excellent at that. Is it being a hypocrite,well you certainly beat me there. 

Still avoiding the question, I wonder why 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. I'm happy to repeat the question TDK.

Third worst player for Southampton vs Championship Bournemouth. Not great.

If people think Che Adams will make us better, he won't. Dykes has never let us down and he's far better than Dykes is in the air. For me, there's no question that Dykes should be our main striker.

47 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Exactly.

You can condemn and also forgive at the same time. The majority of people hold grudges forever and cast up comments or actions, against people, for the rest of their natural lives.

It's more of a self reflection than anything else. Just because the accusers aren't able to mature and grow and learn from their mistakes, they think no one else can. It's a strange way to live.

Like I said, strange.

A bit like Che Adams not wanting to commit to playing for Scotland then later on happy to?

55 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Exactly.

Like the people that got James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy 3, for tweeting off colour humour, in his formative years. Like I said, strange.

True that. No such thing as humour anymore, just look at today's 'comedians', vetted to death and only allowed to be controversial if it's about Donald Trump 🥱

2 minutes ago, todd said:

True that. No such thing as humour anymore, just look at today's 'comedians', vetted to death and only allowed to be controversial if it's about Donald Trump 🥱

Yep.

The masses going into a state of flux when the minority control the narrative and then proceed to pile on and, dare I say, side-attack.

It's always funny when the minority wins, though. :)

7 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Difference with Dykes for me is he at least decided to join up halfway through the qualification so unlike Adams he didn't decide to jump on the bangwagon once qualification started given Adams been approached a few times in the past and played his part in the team getting to the euros.

That's the one bug bearer for me as you worry he'll be one of those that constantly pulls out of squads once we're back in qualification period like many other players recruited from that pool have been in recent times.

I'd have liked to have seen a bit more commitment if he was asked this time last year for instance.

If he does then its up to the manager to no longer select him. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

He has opted to use his "time off" to play qualifiers and then if selected play in the summer. At the present time thats commitment that he didnt have to make. Cleraly if he didnt want to play for Scotland then he wouldnt want to take this course of action.

And for those that will say its just because he wants to play in a major tournament. Its not likely that Scotland will go far so its hardly the gift of a lifetime.

33 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yep.

The masses going into a state of flux when the minority control the narrative and then proceed to pile on and, dare I say, side-attack.

Do you know, I was going to suggest we deploy the side attack with double pivot now we have Che Adams in the mix but you beat me to it.

Oh well, if it works, it’ll give you something to talk about on repeat for the next 3 years.

55 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

If he does then its up to the manager to no longer select him. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

He has opted to use his "time off" to play qualifiers and then if selected play in the summer. At the present time thats commitment that he didnt have to make. Cleraly if he didnt want to play for Scotland then he wouldnt want to take this course of action.

And for those that will say its just because he wants to play in a major tournament. Its not likely that Scotland will go far so its hardly the gift of a lifetime.

It's be at least three matches to potentially increase his value and put himself in the shop window. His agent probably gave him the push to play for us.

Southampton are a selling club. Always has been. I doubt anyone of note is going to buy Adams or Armstrong. They're hardly Shearer and Bale.

If they keep up for their form, they could go down this season. Which isn't a surprise with a striker (Adams) who can't score and a midfielder (Armstrong) often struggling to distinguish between friend and foe.

Edited by Taylor1996

Adams has scored 3 goals in his last 5 games. 

He also played well today (if you watched the game, you’d have seen that) and scored a great goal which was then chalked off as Armstrong who assisted was offside. 

He’s good and an upgrade on what we have upfront unquestionably. Let’s give him a chance to prove he’s committed with a clean slate. 

Adams has scored 7 goals in his last 33 domestic matches.

If he starts, or if he's even on the bench, there's a possible chance that I'll chuck it and not post here again.

He has nailed his colours to the mast, several times in the past four years. His slate is coloured by the St George's cross.

15 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Adams has scored 7 goals in his last 33 domestic matches.

If he starts, or if he's even on the bench, there's a possible chance that I'll chuck it and not post here again.

He has nailed his colours to the mast, several times in the past four years. His slate is coloured by the St George's cross.

7 goals and 4 assists in his 24 EPL starts this season sounds a lot better.

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Taylor likes to take things off topic the  demand everyone else goes back on topic. It's almost like he wants to get the last word in 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It was me who first referred to MM and his racism. I did it tongue in cheek as a reason that Adams may have turned us down before.

11 hours ago, todd said:

Doesn't look great but, fuck, is there anyone alive who'd be comfortable getting their phone over analysed? He who casts the first stone and all that 🤔

completely agree but I can guarantee you that my texts and WA messages do not view players and people through the prism of race like MM and I have no WA messages making derogatory comments on any BME group. 

3 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

It was me who first referred to MM and his racism. I did it tongue in cheek as a reason that Adams may have turned us down before.

I know mate, I worded my post incorrectly. I should've said taylor likes to join in with off topic debates and once he's had his say or someone corrects him he quickly wants the thread back on topic.

I'm just hoping Adams starts next week 😎👍🏻

9 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I'm looking forward to seeing him upfront with Dykes.

A few years ago I'd probably have been on the side of no way he should be called up but I've lived in England long enough to understand why players don't make decision instantly on who they want to play international football with.

He's here now and I suspect he will have something to prove. 

11 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Exactly.

You hold a grudge against Stuart Armstrong for one misplaced pass yet are willing to forgive Malky Mackay for a spate of racist messages where he clearly considers non-white players to be inferior 😀😀😀

And your answer to me, and any others who think that MM should not have been employed by the SFA as Performance Director because of his attitudes to race, gender and sexual orientation is to suggest the problem is that I/we can't learn from any mistakes we have made and therefore project that on to others? Fuckin hell that is quite the defence - wild sweeping speculation that some would suggest would fit the defence of an apologist. 

I'll put it very simply - after doing his obligatory self awareness courses and making his cursory public apology or whatever "life changing" undertakings MM embarked on, I am not saying he should not work in football or any other job. I am saying that a proven racist, homophobe and misogynist should not have been employed in a senior position by the SFA with the profile, representation status, responsibilities and duties that came with Performance Director. 

It is pretty clear our views on this are completely different. I keep saying I will not post again on MM in this thread but then read something nonsensical or in this case, sweeping and contradictory and can't help myself. 😀 Am walking away this time !

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I know mate, I worded my post incorrectly. I should've said taylor likes to join in with off topic debates and once he's had his say or someone corrects him he quickly wants the thread back on topic.

I'm just hoping Adams starts next week 😎👍🏻

aye me too. With Dykes scoring again and hitting a bit of form I think Dykes will start as don't see Clarke starting with two out and out strikers - may be wrong. I think Adams is likely to start from the bench and as a competitive qualifier, hope he gets brought on and tied down!

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing him upfront with Dykes.

A few years ago I'd probably have been on the side of no way he should be called up but I've lived in England long enough to understand why players don't make decision instantly on who they want to play international football with.

He's here now and I suspect he will have something to prove. 

since playing 3 at the back, has Clarke had McBurnie and Dykes on at the same time?  It's always been one with Fraser or Christie pushing on, no? Hope he does start with Dykes and Adams - that could be a game changer! Quite excited now - will take out a NOW TV football package for the month (with the Old Firm game today). Am £33.99 excited!