Che Adams - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Che Adams

wanderer

1 minute ago, Return of Yermaw said:

if I were a black or asian player and Malky Mackay approached me, I would instantly reject anything he proposed. 

Agreed.

I don't think that was the reason, though. 

I totally get why it's Adams's dream to play for England. He Is English. He should've went down the Agbonlahor route.

5 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

if I were a black or asian player and Malky Mackay approached me, I would instantly reject anything he propo

I don't care if he's black or asian.What I do care about is his commitment to Scotland.Nothing else.

1 hour ago, ger intae them said:

😱 No, you’ve wildly missed the point by trying to include racism in this debate. 

To be fair to Yermaw I think his point was about Malky Mackay, not Che Adams. Sounds like you both agree there is no place for racism which is something Scottish football must agree on together.

17 hours ago, thesaint said:

I don't care if he's black or asian.What I do care about is his commitment to Scotland.Nothing else.

No. Yermaw was referring to the racist comments that Mackay made when he was (I think) Cardiff manager.

Knowing how not on the button footballers are, I don't know whether or not Adams would've even been aware of that.

2 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

To be fair to Yermaw I think his point was about Malky Mackay, not Che Adams. Sounds like you both agree there is no place for racism which is something Scottish football must agree on together.

exactly which is why Mackay should have not been in his position. Am pretty sure Che Adams would have unaware of Mackay's track record but even if he wasn't, I wonder why anyone would consider MM to be the best candidate to approach a minority ethnic player to persuade him to do anything. 

On 3/18/2021 at 1:08 AM, Super_Scotlandfan said:

I also remember there were quotes from Lyndon Dykes before he was called up noting that if he had the choice he’d choose Australia. He obviously changed his mind, seems we were lucky we called him up at the right time. 

Difference with Dykes for me is he at least decided to join up halfway through the qualification so unlike Adams he didn't decide to jump on the bangwagon once qualification started given Adams been approached a few times in the past and played his part in the team getting to the euros.

That's the one bug bearer for me as you worry he'll be one of those that constantly pulls out of squads once we're back in qualification period like many other players recruited from that pool have been in recent times.

I'd have liked to have seen a bit more commitment if he was asked this time last year for instance.

I highly doubt that Malky Mackay is a racist. I'd pay good money to bet that at least 96% of the TAMB have spouted some offensive rhetoric, at some stage oftheir lives. Thankfully, these 96% of people aren't in the public eye.

Human beings do grow and learn and develop. It's wrong to timestamp a quote and an opinion of a person and use it against them for the rest of their life. (Not just talking about Mackay)

3 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Difference with Dykes for me is he at least decided to join up halfway through the qualification so unlike Adams he didn't decide to jump on the bangwagon once qualification started given Adams been approached a few times in the past and played his part in the team getting to the euros.

That's the one bug bearer for me as you worry he'll be one of those that constantly pulls out of squads once we're back in qualification period like many other players recruited from that pool have been in recent times.

I'd have liked to have seen a bit more commitment if he was asked this time last year for instance.

Exactly. 

Adams could have easily have commited to us any time in the past few years, even the playoffs.

He could be using playing at Euro 2020 as a CV filler. And then retire after we win it.... or get knocked out.

31 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I highly doubt that Malky Mackay is a racist. I'd pay good money to bet that at least 96% of the TAMB have spouted some offensive rhetoric, at some stage oftheir lives. Thankfully, these 96% of people aren't in the public eye.

Human beings do grow and learn and develop. It's wrong to timestamp a quote and an opinion of a person and use it against them for the rest of their life. (Not just talking about Mackay)

I don't want to take this off topic and my post about Adams turning down Scotland before due to MM's racism was tongue in cheek but I like to take the opportunity to have a dig at MM any chance I get. 

If you don't think MM is racist based on the following and think that the majority of Scotland fans make derogatory remarks about black and minority players as well then that says more about you and the company you keep perhaps:

mackay-texts.jpg

19 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I don't want to take this off topic and my post about Adams turning down Scotland before due to MM's racism was tongue in cheek but I like to take the opportunity to have a dig at MM any chance I get. 

If you don't think MM is racist based on the following and think that the majority of Scotland fans make derogatory remarks about black and minority players as well then that says more about you and the company you keep perhaps:

None of that language is acceptabllebut nor is the language currently being spouted on the Old Firm threads.

And no, personally, I've never used any of that language, but then again, I don't use the acceptable casual remarks religious, either. And as well as other threads (when did the word "cunt" become socially acceptable? It's not racist, but it's offensive and might be viewed as misogynistic)

I'm not sticking up for Malky Mackay. All I'm saying is that human beings make mistakes. Some are bigger than others. Mistakes are a defining characteristic in human beings.

People should be given chances to make amends, unless it's the most heinous of crimes, like, murder or pedophilia. 

That's the only thing I'm going to say on the matter as it's an uncomfortable subject.

Edited by Taylor1996

I'll drop this here but probably should go in Scotland players in Action, source 90.com

Che Adams (ST) - 7/10 - Bullied the Cherries defenders throughout and was unlucky to see VAR rule out his goal for offside. Could have scored a couple on another day but still a good performance.

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

I'll drop this here but probably should go in Scotland players in Action, source 90.com

Che Adams (ST) - 7/10 - Bullied the Cherries defenders throughout and was unlucky to see VAR rule out his goal for offside. Could have scored a couple on another day but still a good performance.

Good to here Adams having a good game and also Armstrong chipping in with 2 assists 

Would like to see Dykes + Adams starting against Austria and Armstrong playing in Midfield 

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Taylor likes to take things off topic the  demand everyone else goes back on topic. It's almost like he wants to get the last word in 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How did I change topic? And what did I change it to?

I didn't bring up Malky Mackay, but don't let logic get in the way of your agenda.

4 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

mackay-texts.jpg

Doesn't look great but, fuck, is there anyone alive who'd be comfortable getting their phone over analysed? He who casts the first stone and all that 🤔

Just now, vanderark14 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Using emoticons excessively? Got into the habit, have we? The mask has slipped on the identity of the emoji bomber.

Also, whilst I'm here. All this comment bombing me by referring to me in the third person, in random threads, Is jarring.

If you have something to say to me, say it to me. All this third person (and emoji) nonsense is you just itching for collaborators. 1 vs 1 isn't your style, it would appear.