Che Adams - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Che Adams

wanderer

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

You are a total cluster fuck. Claiming sarcasm now. Just be honest and stop your nonsense. 

he said "yes" and then led immediately in to the suggestion that at the same time he was also tagging himself ie thus showing he was also the recipient of continuous tagging and therefore it wasn't him. That is perfectly clear from his post. 

for what is worth, I have also recently started getting it and I don't suspect Taylor1996. I would say it is more likely a poster who frequents Rangers and Celtic threads and is making the board experience more tedious for everyone beyond that which he posts. 

ETA - I am non-plussed re Che Adams. Will he be a positive addition to the squad - undoubtedly (and even more so if he had directly replaced McBurnie). As for his allegiances and commitment, well we can base that on his performances and take from there. Overall, the squad remains pretty much "traditionally" Scottish including the keich that we regularly produce and we are no where near those countries (inc those closer to home) who continue to use the grandmother rule almost routinely rather than exceptionally. 

Edited by Return of Yermaw
forgot to add the main reason for my post ha

Just now, Return of Yermaw said:

he said "yes" and then led immediately in to the suggestion that at the same time he was also tagging himself ie thus showing he was also the recipient of continuous tagging and therefore it wasn't him. That is perfectly clear from his post. 

for what is worth, I have also recently started getting it and I don't suspect Taylor1996. I would say it is more likely a poster who frequents Rangers and Celtic threads and is making the board experience more tedious for everyone beyond that which he posts. 

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Lol are you one of this guys many profiles?

20 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol are you one of this guys many profiles?

I was just helping you understand something that appeared quite straightforward to me and  I assume other posters, given you had escalated to being abusive. No horse in this race but if you think I am an alter ego of someone, I think you're probably spending a wee bit too much time on here....

1 minute ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I was just helping you understand something that appeared quite straightforward to me and  I assume other posters, given you had escalated to being abusive. No horse in this race but if you think I am an alter ego of someone, I think you're probably spending a wee bit too much time on here....

The guys had that many profiles on here so I wouldn't know. If he would just stick to 1 then there would be no reason to question his honesty. 

24 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

anyway Che Adams.....who have Southampton got on Saturday and is he likely to start? Is he keeping the Irish guy out the team (forget his name - he doesn't score that often but always think he is quite decent). 

You're thinking of Shane Long? Southampton have loaned him to Bournemouth for the 2nd half of the season.

As it happens, Southampton are playing Bournemouth away this weekend (FA Cup).

With Danny Ings and Theo Walcott both injured, I'm sure Che Adams will start.   

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

As for the 'sad' reaction to this post then yes it is sad that Scotland fans put such low stock from what they expect from players who represent Scotland. I never thought I'd see the day people were pleased and excited that someone point blank rejects chances to represent Scotland THREE times to THREE different managers and only changes his mind when the Euros are on the horizon.

Well said fella.It isn't only the players that were better in the past.A truly dreadful decision by Clarke.Can't believe any SCOTLAND fan can be happy with this.

Just now, Rich NATA said:

You're thinking of Shane Long? Southampton have loaned him to Bournemouth for the 2nd half of the season.

As it happens, Southampton are playing Bournemouth away this weekend (FA Cup).

With Danny Ings and Theo Walcott both injured, I'm sure Che Adams will start.   

that's him - went to look him up and then got side-tracked. I recall one game he started for Southampton (before going out on loan as you have now confirmed), the commentator said he hadn't scored since XXXX which was like 18 months or something. 

Not to go off tangent but I always liked Shane Long whenever I saw him play. Was surprised by his goal scoring record but he seemed to have plenty of speed and endeavour and always thought he was quite a clever player. 

Will watch Adams this weekend. Now he has been called up he will utterly shite. 

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I really do struggle to grasp why people are gleeful about somebody who has rejected us THREE times. How people cannot see through his motives for his change of mind is beyond me.

I don't think anyone is gleeful or excited. I can only speak for myself. I don't really like the grandparebt rule but Adams deserves the chance to show whether he is committed and his heart is in it. We Will know soon enough 

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't think anyone is gleeful or excited. I can only speak for myself. I don't really like the grandparebt rule but Adams deserves the chance to show whether he is committed and his heart is in it. We Will know soon enough 

Some people on here got their knickers in a twist over James Morrison being called up because he had youth caps for England, yet in the end he played nearly 50 times for Scotland and showed more commitment to the team than some players who were born and raised here.

If Adams can show a similar attitude as Morrison he's more than welcome, as far as I'm concerned.  👍

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

that's my take on it. It is not as if we ie the Scottish team are the upholders of all that is whole and pure in the international game. Every other team takes advantage of it and seeks out players that will benefit them who qualify under the grandparent rule. Why should we be any different particularly when we are weak in the striking department? 

I wouldn't like or perhaps more accurate, I wouldn't warm to or connect to a team largely made up of players who are chosen through the grandparent rule - particularly if they have turned down chances before to play for Scotland or haven't come through the u18s/u21s etc. But a few smattering of the players about the squad is consistent with almost every other international team and shouldn't impact on squad unity or the support of the fans. 

52 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Some people on here got their knickers in a twist over James Morrison being called up because he had youth caps for England, yet in the end he played nearly 50 times for Scotland and showed more commitment to the team than some players who were born and raised here.

If Adams can show a similar attitude as Morrison he's more than welcome, as far as I'm concerned.  👍

Huge difference. I don't recall Morrison rejecting us three times. And then only changing his mind once we had qualified for something.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

For once a non scots call up does seem someone who has got a few goals recently and he has looked okay when I have seen him.

Whether he is international quality that is another question , but I do suspect he is an upgrade on both mcburnie and dykes .

6 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Huge difference. I don't recall Morrison rejecting us three times. And then only changing his mind once we had qualified for something.

I don't recall Adams rejecting us three times either. I remember him saying he didn't want to make a decision on his international future at that stage, or words to that effect, but that isn't a rejection.

47 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I don't recall Adams rejecting us three times either. I remember him saying he didn't want to make a decision on his international future at that stage, or words to that effect, but that isn't a rejection.

That's my recollection.

He was only 20 at the time..

He didn't turn us down.. just said wait a wee bit........ 🤔😉

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

McTominay did the same which the anti Adams brigade are choosing to forget.