Che Adams - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Che Adams

wanderer

I am all for working within the rules of the game.  I just looked him up, he is hardly prolific, but he is an improvement on domestic form over all of our current strikers in terms of strike rate other than Nisbet and Shankland but he is playing at a higher standard.  Lets see if this is true, if it is its a decent move from Clarke and shows he is aware of our deficiencies and trying to do address them rather than being stubborn and fatalistic.  I can't say I have noticed him but I am reading his pace is a potent weapon.

Edited by romanticscot

If he’d made himself available last year it would obviously have been much better and the fans would warm to him more.

He is a good player though and I’d certainly rather see him warming up to come on than McBurnie. 

Sounds like a done deal according to reports. 

This had better not be true.

He was English during the play offs, etc, and now that we've qualified, he's now decided that he's Scottish?!

I would've closed the door to him till after Euro 2020. The players that got us there deserve to be higher in the queue than this guy, a guy who has turned down three approaches to represent Scotland (four, if you count the time when he was asked to play at U21 level).

Edited by Taylor1996

55 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

This had better not be true.

He was English during the play offs, etc, and now that we've qualified, he's now decided that he's Scottish?!

I would've closed the door to him till after Euro 2020. The players that got us there deserve to be higher in the queue than this guy, a guy who has turned down three approaches to represent Scotland (four, if you count the time when he was asked to play at U21 level).

He hasn’t decided he is Scottish. He qualifies as Scottish (and qualified as soon as he was born) and it seems like he wants to play for us according to reports. And is clearly well within the rules. 

I don’t mind the ‘I need more time to make my decision’ for guys that qualify for 2 countries and in Adams’ case 3 countries. Particularly when we, like Clarke has done, ask these players that haven’t made a final decision to make contact with the manager when they have made their mind up. 

He wasn’t saying ‘I’m English’ during the qualifiers. You’ve just made that up to exaggerate your argument. 

You don’t have a clue what he has considered when making this decision. Why just right him off making your own assumptions? 

At least wait until he’s officially called up and you hear interviews with Clarke and Adams. 

4 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

He hasn’t decided he is Scottish. He qualifies as Scottish (and qualified as soon as he was born) and it seems like he wants to play for us according to reports. And is clearly well within the rules. 

I don’t mind the ‘I need more time to make my decision’ for guys that qualify for 2 countries and in Adams’ case 3 countries. Particularly when we, like Clarke has done, ask these players that haven’t made a final decision to make contact with the manager when they have made their mind up. 

He wasn’t saying ‘I’m English’ during the qualifiers. You’ve just made that up to exaggerate your argument. 

You don’t have a clue what he has considered when making this decision. Why just right him off making your own assumptions? 

At least wait until he’s officially called up and you hear interviews with Clarke and Adams. 

Very well said. I had a sneaky feeling this might happen & I'll be pleased if it's true. 

Time will tell but i suspect Clarke already knew he was ready to commit prior to the story a couple of months ago in the Daily Record about not approaching him again. As Clarke knows It'll obviously help Adams be excepted by the doubters within the tartan army if the player himself made this approach. 

On the other hand maybe he just contacted him & begged him commit as our current bunch of strikers couldn't score in a Bangkok brothel 😂

Anyway i don't really care, he may not be a world beater but he is certainly better than anything else we have currently. 

39 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Oh. So, if you asked him, would you expect him to say that he's English?

He had four years to make up his mind. McTominay took about one or two months. The difference is, McTominay chose us over England, whereas, Adams was waiting for an England call up.

By not nailing his (Scotland) colours to the mast, he was labelled as being English.

Look. I respect your opinion. All I ask is that you respect mine.

I'm sure he's a nice lad. I have nothing against him personally. He just made a rod for his own back when he waited four years to finally make a decision, with three rejections in that time.

I hope the story isn't true or he does a u turn.

30 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

he is certainly better than anything else we have currently. 

He isn't. 

He has the exact same Championship goalscoring record as McBurnie had, both at the same age, in fact, McBurnie had a better average:

Adams: 22 goals in 46 matches

McBurnie: 22 goals in 42 matches

In the EPL, McBurnie scored 6 last season. Adams has 7. 

@theabsentee said currently and then you proceeded to beat up a strawman. Oh my, are you just wanting to have an argument or something?  You can't call up players based on their form 12 months ago, right now Adams has scored 7 this season and three goals in the last 3, McBurnie has scored 1 the entire season. His goal scoring form from the last two years show he is improving.

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

@theabsentee said currently and then you proceeded to beat up a strawman. Oh my, are you just wanting to have an argument or something?  You can't call up players based on their form 12 months ago, right now Adams has scored 7 this season and three goals in the last 3, McBurnie has scored 1 the entire season. His goal scoring form from the last two years show he is improving.

Not at all. I don't want to argue.

I'm just dishing out facts.

It's not even about the goalscoring. It's about a player who rejected us, three times, and then hitches his wagon to our star when we qualify for Euro 2020.

Didn't see him declaring for Scotland after we failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup.

If he plays for us, I might pack it in. 

Edited by Taylor1996

5 hours ago, Archiesdad said:

Predicted this👍if true ,we need to get behind him 

''youre not English anymore'

If he's good enough for Mr Clarke, he's good enough for me .

Exactly, if it’s okay for Steve Clarke then it’s okay for me 

Welcome addition to the Scotland Team, Che McAdams 

On current form he’s the best option we possibly have 

I do wonder if Steve Clarke had a chat with him or would it have been his Agent? 
Who cares, all good it’s been resolved. 
Look forward to seeing him partner Lyndon Dykes 

I can see why clarke is calling him up,we have a lack of options up top. I don't feel comfortable with someone deciding they want to play for Scotland because we've made it to a tournament but if he scores for us you can bet we will all forget about when he made his decision to play for scotland