New kit - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New kit

er yir macaroon

19 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Nope.

Nobody is getting new kits for the Euro's, as the current kits were designed with the Euros in mind, and the next release will be in November which will be kits for the World Cup next year.

Thanks. Will probably stick with my 67 top until something more agreeable comes along. 

You read my mind. I was going to post a thread regarding what we want the new strip to look like.

I'm guessing it'll be like last time, a November release. Another Adidas one.

I would love the new top to have a '92 Adidas retro feel (Rangers, Liverpool, France, Marseille) with a body of blue and three thick stripes down either shoulder.

Most of the current MLS sides have kinda this design, but with more conservative stripes. This is what I want to see:

img_0294.jpg

Retro-Rangers-Home-Football-Shirt-92-94.jpg

49 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

You read my mind. I was going to post a thread regarding what we want the new strip to look like.

I would love the new top to have a '92 Adidas retro feel (Rangers, Liverpool, France, Marseille) with a body of blue and three thick stripes down either shoulder.

Most of the current MLS sides have kinda this design, but with more conservative stripes. This is what I want to see

That is the current template, which Sweden and a number of other Adidas teams are currently using.

Imagine come November they will probably have moved on to a new template.

46 minutes ago, wanderer said:

That is the current template, which Sweden and a number of other Adidas teams are currently using.

Imagine come November they will probably have moved on to a new template.

Are you sure? I thought this Is the current Sweden top: 37117913_l.jpg

I was talking about something like this: https://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/products/1992-94-rangers-adidas-player-issue-home-shirt-l-s-l-xl/36244?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_93bx6Sy7wIV0WDmCh385wawEAQYBiABEgLtePD_BwE

3 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

There is subtle similarities. 

Adidas seem to be going on a retro vibe of late.

Their WC 2018 kits were based on their Euro 88/Italia 90 kits, and just now they are revisiting their 1992-94 kits (there is better examples of the Rangers kit you mentioned in the MLS, but you can see the Sweden top takes influence from the Rangers top certainly around the neckline).

5 minutes ago, wanderer said:

There is subtle similarities. 

Adidas seem to be going on a retro vibe of late.

Their WC 2018 kits were based on their Euro 88/Italia 90 kits, and just now they are revisiting their 1992-94 kits (there is better examples of the Rangers kit you mentioned in the MLS, but you can see the Sweden top takes influence from the Rangers top certainly around the neckline).

Yeah. The collar's the same.

Have you seen the MLS kits? I applaud Adidas for trying to do a hybrid of modern and retro, but those tops are really bad. I'd still accept that design over the current shambles, though.

I'm dreading to think what the next strip will look like.

Got a hand it to them, though, Adidas had some cracking tops in the 90s. Even the Rangers one that followed up from the one that I just posted, was a cracker. The one with the grandad collar.

51 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah. The collar's the same.

Have you seen the MLS kits? I applaud Adidas for trying to do a hybrid of modern and retro, but those tops are really bad. I'd still accept that design over the current shambles, though.

I'm dreading to think what the next strip will look like.

Got a hand it to them, though, Adidas had some cracking tops in the 90s. Even the Rangers one that followed up from the one that I just posted, was a cracker. The one with the grandad collar.

Seen a couple and some are ok, most are miss.

Problem is they have no real "modern classics" to turn to next, so imagine they will have to come up with totally new idea's for World Cup kits next year.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Seen a couple and some are ok, most are miss.

Problem is they have no real "modern classics" to turn to next, so imagine they will have to come up with totally new idea's for World Cup kits next year.

It's true.

I can't really remember a good strip for the past 23 years. One or two decent, but nothing great. Even the one we had when we played England in 2017 was a callback from the Euro 96 top, with the tartan.

Could be worse, we could have Nike with the weird collar that looks the same, even if it's back-to-front (check out the Liverpool top and you'll know what I mean). I suppose it's reversible...

4 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Most of the current MLS sides have kinda this design, but with more conservative stripes. This is what I want to see:

img_0294.jpg

Retro-Rangers-Home-Football-Shirt-92-94.jpg

Anyone know if adidas are going to release those ‘city series’ kits that were originally going to be released for last years tournament.  The Glasgow one was basically a version of the above iirc. 

Also could be the last adidas kit release in the autumn as I’m sure the current contract finishes in 2022.

The current away kit is easily one of my favourites ever.  The current home I still can’t get my head around it. Sometimes I actually like it with the different shades of blue in the light. The red on the sleeves is still absolute nonsense though. It will potentially go down as a classic as well as it’s the euros kit. Would love to see it with the players in white shorts, don’t know if that’ll ever be allowed though. As long as socks don’t clash is as far as I understand the rules. I’m not sure on shorts.

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

I would be perfectly happy with a navy blue version of this without wavy lines, diamonds or other weird embossed scribbles. 

50 minutes ago, JECK said:

Anyone know if adidas are going to release those ‘city series’ kits that were originally going to be released for last years tournament.  The Glasgow one was basically a version of the above iirc. 

Also could be the last adidas kit release in the autumn as I’m sure the current contract finishes in 2022.

The current away kit is easily one of my favourites ever.  The current home I still can’t get my head around it. Sometimes I actually like it with the different shades of blue in the light. The red on the sleeves is still absolute nonsense though. It will potentially go down as a classic as well as it’s the euros kit. Would love to see it with the players in white shorts, don’t know if that’ll ever be allowed though. As long as socks don’t clash is as far as I understand the rules. I’m not sure on shorts.

To be honest, I don't know. Hope so as they were nice.

Yeah. I'm sure it is. No idea if the contract will be renewed or not. It would be nice going back to umbro and really go retro.

I like the away strip, too. As for the home one, it's like a mishmash of different ideas, like a Frankenstein strip. But you're right, sadly, it probably will go down as a classic, for the sole reason of it being worn at Euro 2020.

The blue shorts are probably there to blend in with the shirt and make it stand out less. Doesn't work.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...