Song for the Euros - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Song for the Euros

adamntg

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

Nice plug on the radio Adam, thought you were never getting round to announcing the song title though ;)

Eeek!  Did I get it in?  I had about 30 seconds to prepare, not a natural radio person!

Heard on Clyde this mornin on way to work that yes sir I can boogie has been redone with GBX and BACCARATT, its getting its 1st initial airing on The morning show tomorrow which incidentally is hosted by George Bowie of GBX

Edited by jcs

Aw GB I'm a bit thick at times, the only thing that I feel is thorny about the song is I actually remember it 1st time round 😂

Edited by jcs

On 5/20/2021 at 5:32 PM, jcs said:

Heard on Clyde this mornin on way to work that yes sir I can boogie has been redone with GBX and BACCARATT, its getting its 1st initial airing on The morning show tomorrow which incidentally is hosted by George Bowie of GBX

Released today no 16 in UK charts already

Check out The LaFontaines Podcast. They came up with an idea for a song in one of the episodes. I think they wanted to use the Yes Sir I can boogie vibe and were requesting clearance to sample it. 

They’ve said this week that they will release a song for the Euros. It’s not an official song. They might have said something along those lines but it was a wind up. 

Great band and great tunes. 

The LaFontaines are releasing the official song (the video was filmed on Thursday) but they have chucked a god awful song out that George Bowie played on Radio Clyde.

Some people think it’s the official song that they have been talking about since New Year, but it’s a song that most people would consider career suicide, so it’s quite clearly a joke before the official one is released 

Edited by wanderer

On 3/13/2021 at 7:10 PM, adamntg said:

Toepokes and Tragedies

Here’s a wee tune my band has done for the Euros.  It was originally about the Brazil game at Stade de France back in 1998, this is our first chance to update it after 22 years. 

It’s not our normal style, but I think it’s no bad - it’s better than Ole Ola anyway. 

Not bad.

On 3/13/2021 at 7:10 PM, adamntg said:

Toepokes and Tragedies

Here’s a wee tune my band has done for the Euros.  It was originally about the Brazil game at Stade de France back in 1998, this is our first chance to update it after 22 years. 

It’s not our normal style, but I think it’s no bad - it’s better than Ole Ola anyway. 

Yes adam I quite like that one. Well done.

The LaFontaines song drops on Tuesday.

Hope its better than the god awful leak that has been doing the rounds from their Podcast (I suspect that was a VERY basic demo/stripped down version, as it was all over the place with no structure and could only be described as career suicide to release it)

They have just done a tease video with David Marshall appearing in it, so that will be the official song no doubt.

Edited by wanderer

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2021 at 8:47 AM, Toepoke said:

😞 and just after her top hit had a new lease of life.
They played it in the Irish bar in Valencia where we were watching the game on Tuesday night after we won , it got a great reception. Strangely enough we were in Madrid, where she passed away, the day before she died .