Song for the Euros - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Song for the Euros

adamntg

4 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Speaking of songs, we are at a Karaoke party and I sang a few Scottish tunes, including a phonetic version of Alba which got me wondering, are we going to have a single for the tournament?  

The LaFontaines were saying they were on Twitter they have been commissioned by the SFA to write the Euro song for Scotland.

I imagine there will be a few “unofficial” songs released also, as Bobby Gillespie has hinted he is working on a new version of that Scream Team Euro 96 song, and Franz Ferdinand have said they have a Scotland song in the archive that they plan to use once Scotland qualify for a tournament (they say that every yet since 2003ish, and apparently played in live once in Glasgow in 2007).

49 minutes ago, wanderer said:

The LaFontaines were saying they were on Twitter they have been commissioned by the SFA to write the Euro song for Scotland.

I imagine there will be a few “unofficial” songs released also, as Bobby Gillespie has hinted he is working on a new version of that Scream Team Euro 96 song, and Franz Ferdinand have said they have a Scotland song in the archive that they plan to use once Scotland qualify for a tournament (they say that every yet since 2003ish, and apparently played in live once in Glasgow in 2007).

We tried to get into Hampden to film but they said they’d already had others requesting the same, but couldn’t be seen to officially endorse any of them, so sounds like there be one coming.  

We actually wrote this song back in 1998 after the Brazil game at Stade de France and this was our first chance to rework it.  Our bass player was still in a band with Alex Kapranos at the time, dammit, we should’ve tried to get him to guest.  That’d have got us into Hampden. 😡

6 hours ago, wanderer said:

I was hoping for Biffy Clyro but there's always the World Cup song next year 😁 it would be fun if Runrig featured. 

6 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I was hoping for Biffy Clyro but there's always the World Cup song next year 😁 it would be fun if Runrig featured. 

They might release something “unofficial”... no doubt Amy McDonald will release something also, or re-release a updated version of Pride.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DekeFaeArbroath said:

Thanks. Good luck with your one... you’re getting some good publicity... remember us when you’re sitting in the stands with Rod Stewart 

Rod’s probably no speaking to us after we called Ole Ola “shite”.

Justin Currie was a good sport though. 

EF10C4A0-D9B4-4DBD-8561-34BAF1CE7822.jpeg

4AD603F1-8AA8-4E4C-BD69-DF4C60791E55.jpeg

Edited by adamntg

7 minutes ago, DekeFaeArbroath said:

Have Rudebeard ever played Dundee? Beat Generator is a good wee venue that usually gets a no bad crowd for ska / punk bands. You should give John the owner a shout when we get through this covid pish.

No been north of the Tay yet Deke.  We’ve all been in bands for longer than we’ll admit but Rudebeard only two and bit years old, a year of which was a pandemic. 

We did Doune the Rabbit Hole in 2019, that’s as far north as we’ve been. Although we’re booked for Mad Hatters in Sneckie for July, covid permitting.  Like everyone else, we’ve got a load of fun to catch up on when we’re aff the lease.  Maybe we’ll see you out there?  👍

5 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

I read the fratellis were doing s cover of yes sir I can boogie.

At this rate we'll have a 'now that's what I call Euros 21' 

For the record, we were out first. We’re the New Rose of the Euro Fitba song movement. 

8 hours ago, adamntg said:

No been north of the Tay yet Deke.  We’ve all been in bands for longer than we’ll admit but Rudebeard only two and bit years old, a year of which was a pandemic. 

We did Doune the Rabbit Hole in 2019, that’s as far north as we’ve been. Although we’re booked for Mad Hatters in Sneckie for July, covid permitting.  Like everyone else, we’ve got a load of fun to catch up on when we’re aff the lease.  Maybe we’ll see you out there?  👍

Yes, canna wait to get back to the gigs... and if your song is New Rose, that must make the Afflicted’s Anarchy in the Uk... I’ll take that 😀

• 2 weeks later...