Stuart Armstrong tells Scotland fans not to get excited over Euro 2020 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stuart Armstrong tells Scotland fans not to get excited over Euro 2020

Taylor1996

Are you the same as Rolling hIlls? Have you been asked by the mods to post utter garbage to increase post counts? Well done if that's what you've been tasked with because you are fucking brilliant at it. 

Nowhere does Armstrong tell fans not to get excited  

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Are you the same as Rolling hIlls? Have you been asked by the mods to post utter garbage to increase post counts? Well done if that's what you've been tasked with because you are fucking brilliant at it. 

Yeah. Usually I ignore you, as you're only here to make snide comments or to frequently join a debate so that you can make it 2 + on 1. You're so brave

... but here you go:

“We definitely shouldn’t set too many targets or expectations." • Stuart Armstrong. 

Edited by Taylor1996

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm actually impressed. Usually you wait till someone else makes a comment before coming in through the side.

2 against 1 is always fun, isn't it? (Not that it makes a difference when I'm the 1)

Expectations (noun)  in the sense of anticipation
Definition
something looked forward to, whether feared or hoped for
Edited by Taylor1996

23 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah. Usually I ignore you, as you're only here to make snide comments or to frequently join a debate so that you can make it 2 + on 1. You're so brave

... but here you go:

“We definitely shouldn’t set too many targets or expectations." • Stuart Armstrong. 

That's not telling fans not to get excited you blithering gimp and you're being selective with your quoting. I'm sure anyone who reads the whole article to gain its context will understand what Armstrong meant, there is no reference to the fans at all. 

There no 2 on 1 here, its me and you.

Edited by vanderark14

8 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I'm actually impressed. Usually you wait till someone else makes a comment before coming in through the side.

2 against 1 is always fun, isn't it?

Expectations (noun)  in the sense of anticipation
Definition
something looked forward to, whether feared or hoped for

As I said above, I don't wait for anyone to comment and I sure as he'll don't need any backing against you.

You're a shite bag and a liar. The only reason you ignore me is because I call you out for being a liar and a hypocrite.

Edited by vanderark14

What's wrong with the interview? I thought it was quite good and right.

One game at a time is the right mentality and it is a tough group! We were lucky to qualify - winning two penalty shoot outs. The Israeli game we were honking too ; although we did deserve to beat Serbia and played very well. The two games after it were incredibly disappointing - TBE a bit of a lull after such a huge night in Belgrade ; but we basically blew an open goal of getting in to Pot 1 with the Nations League. Probably better we didn't go up as getting pumped by Pot 1 teams is less useful than playing sides around our level, but still, those two losses put a bit of a dampener on how good we are - and with a goal scoring issue I am bit fearful of how we'll do in these next few games.

The Austria game, we should be hoping to win that. They are a good side, but if we are to have any chance in this group, we need to take 6/4/3 pts from them in this group.

2 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

One game at a time is the right mentality and it is a tough group! We were lucky to qualify - winning two penalty shoot outs. The Israeli game we were honking too ; although we did deserve to beat Serbia and played very well. The two games after it were incredibly disappointing - TBE a bit of a lull after such a huge night in Belgrade ; but we basically blew an open goal of getting in to Pot 1 with the Nations League. Probably better we didn't go up as getting pumped by Pot 1 teams is less useful than playing sides around our level, but still, those two losses put a bit of a dampener on how good we are - and with a goal scoring issue I am bit fearful of how we'll do in these next few games.

The Austria game, we should be hoping to win that. They are a good side, but if we are to have any chance in this group, we need to take 6/4/3 pts from them in this group.

I know. But I have an axe to grind with him. 😛

Agreed. That's why we have to get McTominay into midfield as soon as possible. His physicality alone would be a game changer.

Austria are actually the team that I'm most fearful of. Take a look at their squad. Most of them play at the top level. I think they'll win the group.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

I know. But I have an axe to grind with him. 😛

Agreed. That's why we have to get McTominay into midfield as soon as possible. His physicality alone would be a game changer.

Austria are actually the team that I'm most fearful of. Take a look at their squad. Most of them play at the top level. I think they'll win the group.

I agree about Austria, I could see us taking 3 pts of Denmark - a win at home, loss away. Austria is a huge game, so if we could get off to a stormer would be perfect.

47 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

I agree about Austria, I could see us taking 3 pts of Denmark - a win at home, loss away. Austria is a huge game, so if we could get off to a stormer would be perfect.

Definitely. 

Right now I'd take 7 points from the three matches at the end of this month.

Would be a really good foundation.

20 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Agree with all this.

We've not won for 3 matches.  If we don't beat Austria, we go to Israel (where we've not won at a couple of attempts) and suddenly we are 5 matches without a win.  

We shouldn't be looking past Austria at the moment.