Your Scotland squad (and first XI) for Euro 2020 - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Scotland squad (and first XI) for Euro 2020


Taylor1996
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Can you imagine Keane if Schmeichel was letting in goals from 35 yards or pushing shots right back into play rather than out wide safe.

The midfield need to close down more but the goals you mention were Marshalls fault.

And if we close down too high then it causes other problems with space in the pockets. Clarke has a system, its sit deep and be hard to break down.

Yeah. It happened a few times. Schmeichel was world class but he wasn't perfect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2021 at 3:20 AM, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah, well, good luck in providing proof that I that I said that it didn't matter if we qualified via the the play offs. As I never said such a thing.

Provide proof or you're a complete and total liar. :)

I did, however, say that we wouldn't qualify via the Playoffs (if we played with four at the back).

I do have proof that you've been accused of being Chripper:

 

I’m not sad enough to go trawling through years old posts like you appear to be. 

You really ought to get a life mate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m not sad enough to go trawling through years old posts like you appear to be. 

You really ought to get a life mate. 

I'll repeat it. I said that there was 0.001% chance of us qualifying via the Playoffs.

You lied when you said that I didn't want Scotland to qualify via the playoffs.

A life? Coming from the guy that said: "calling out hypocrisy is one of my hobbies."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

I'll repeat it. I said that there was 0.001% chance of us qualifying via the Playoffs.

You lied when you said that I didn't want Scotland to qualify via the playoffs.

A life? Coming from the guy that said: "calling out hypocrisy is one of my hobbies."

I didn’t lie little man. I may have been mistaken but that’s very different from lying. 

If I was mistaken it’s because you’ve had that many personas on here it’s hard to remember what you have actually stated. It’s still uncertain whether you were Dohadeer or not as well so that is also confusing.

You really need to get better at recognising what is said in jest. That isn’t actually one of my hobbies.

You spend hours on here arguing with several people and you usually reply within minutes at any time of the day (exactly like Dohadeer) and you keep coming back after you have been suspended and continue to act in exactly the same annoying manner. That doesn’t sound like someone who has a life to me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Texas Pete said:

I didn’t lie little man. I may have been mistaken but that’s very different from lying. 

If I was mistaken it’s because you’ve had that many personas on here it’s hard to remember what you have actually stated. It’s still uncertain whether you were Dohadeer or not as well so that is also confusing.

You really need to get better at recognising what is said in jest. That isn’t actually one of my hobbies.

You spend hours on here arguing with several people and you usually reply within minutes at any time of the day (exactly like Dohadeer) and you keep coming back after you have been suspended and continue to act in exactly the same annoying manner. That doesn’t sound like someone who has a life to me.

 

Yeah. You said that I said something, when In actuality I did not. That's the definition of lying. Saying something happened when it never actually happened.

Yeah. Dohadeer was a nutter when it comes to typos. I make at least 5 types every other bloody post. Join the dots.

Oh cool. So it's not a hobby? Is being a compulsive liar a hobby? Because you're awfully good at it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me Shankland is out of the picture. He had an amazing scoring record in a very poor division. He was expected to score lots and play well in the Scottish Prem (which is still not a very high standard in the grand scheme of things) however he has been found wanting.

He shouldnt even be in the Euros conversation. Obviously things change for him if he comes back next season and does better.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

For me Shankland is out of the picture. He had an amazing scoring record in a very poor division. He was expected to score lots and play well in the Scottish Prem (which is still not a very high standard in the grand scheme of things) however he has been found wanting.

He shouldnt even be in the Euros conversation. Obviously things change for him if he comes back next season and does better.

 

Yeah, I think you're right. Though Clarke has spoken of how fond he is of him, and based on how little Nisbet was used in the last games, Shankland might reappear. 

Personally, I'd only take 3 out and out strikers (not including Fraser or Christie): Dykes, Adams and Griffiths. If there is a fourth you'd imagine Nisbet should be the one. I'm also not against taking Burke, if it's not as a striker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Could do with S.Clarke persuading A.McGregor to return for the Finals and then call it a day 

I think most of us would take him back. But, realistically, would he actually play? Clarke has shown a lot of loyalty to the existing squad. So I'd guess Marshall will be between the sticks every game.

24 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Fingers crossed a 25 man squad also, which may allow Gauld and Patterson to make the Euros 

I was just reading that you are supposed to submit squads 1 month before the tournament. (I've also heard 10 days) I guess in times of Covid that timescale may be reduced. But if it is 1 month, then Clarke won't get a chance to look at any new players in the flesh. Barring extreme injuries, I really can't see Gauld, Patterson, or Gilmour making it, sadly. Even Turnbull is unlikely, which is a travesty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

If Griffiths starts the rest of the games in the SPFL for Celtic, he gets in my squad. Especially with McBurnie injured, Burke barely playing, and Shankland's lack of goals. 

Definitely. 

In an ideal world, with everyone fit, for me  it's: Dykes, Griffiths and McBurnie.

McBurnie hasn't been rules out yet, so you never know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Yeah, I think you're right. Though Clarke has spoken of how fond he is of him, and based on how little Nisbet was used in the last games, Shankland might reappear. 

Personally, I'd only take 3 out and out strikers (not including Fraser or Christie): Dykes, Adams and Griffiths. If there is a fourth you'd imagine Nisbet should be the one. I'm also not against taking Burke, if it's not as a striker.

I'd take those three too if griffiths is in the right frame of mind and fit.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2021 at 2:24 AM, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah. You said that I said something, when In actuality I did not. That's the definition of lying. Saying something happened when it never actually happened.

Yeah. Dohadeer was a nutter when it comes to typos. I make at least 5 types every other bloody post. Join the dots.

Oh cool. So it's not a hobby? Is being a compulsive liar a hobby? Because you're awfully good at it.

You stupid or something? Do you not understand the difference between being mistaken and being a liar?

I’m not convinced I am mistaken but I may well be. I won’t be trawling through old posts to find out because I just don’t care enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2021 at 2:47 AM, Taylor1996 said:

If you're going to lie then why not just say that I claimed that Che Adams is a natural born goal machine. lol

Anyway.

Keep it on topic from now on, thanks.

You a moderator on here now?

If not don’t try and tell me what to do, thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

(Liable to change. Hopefully not, as it means there won't be any further injuries)
 
It's mooted that it's going to be a squad of 25, but there's not been a confirmation. So I'll do 23 with two alternates.
I'm doing it by squad numbers:
3-4-1-2:
                 
                      Marshall
        Hanley - Hendry - Cooper
Fraser                                 Robertson (C)
          McTominay - Tierney
                        McGinn
                   Dykes - Christie
 
  1. Marshall (Derby)
  2. Fraser (Newcastle)
  3. Robertson (Liverpool) (Captain)
  4. Cooper (Leeds)
  5. Hanley (Norwich)
  6. Hendry (Oostende)
  7. McTominay (Man Utd)
  8. Tierney (Arsenal)
  9. Christie (Celtic)
  10. Dykes (QPR)
  11. McGinn (Aston Villa)
  12. Gordon (Hearts)
  13. McCrorie (Rangers)
  14. McKenna (Nottingham Forest)
  15. Porteous (Hibernian)
  16. Gallagher (Motherwell)
  17. O'Donnell (Motherwell)
  18. McGregor (Celtic)
  19. Fleck (Sheffield United)
  20. Gilmour (Chelsea)
  21. Gauld (Farense)
  22. Griffiths (Celtic)
  23. McBurnie (Sheffield United)
  24. McLean (Norwich) - (Alternate)
  25. Turnbull (Celtic) - (Alternate)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:
(Liable to change. Hopefully not, as it means there won't be any further injuries)
 
It's mooted that it's going to be a squad of 25, but there's not been a confirmation. So I'll do 23 with two alternates.
I'm doing it by squad numbers:
3-4-1-2:
                 
                      Marshall
        Hanley - Hendry - Cooper
Fraser                                 Robertson (C)
          McTominay - Tierney
                        McGinn
                   Dykes - Christie
 
  1. Marshall (Derby)
  2. Fraser (Newcastle)
  3. Robertson (Liverpool) (Captain)
  4. Cooper (Leeds)
  5. Hanley (Norwich)
  6. Hendry (Oostende)
  7. McTominay (Man Utd)
  8. Tierney (Arsenal)
  9. Christie (Celtic)
  10. Dykes (QPR)
  11. McGinn (Aston Villa)
  12. Gordon (Hearts)
  13. McCrorie (Rangers)
  14. McKenna (Nottingham Forest)
  15. Porteous (Hibernian)
  16. Gallagher (Motherwell)
  17. O'Donnell (Motherwell)
  18. McGregor (Celtic)
  19. Fleck (Sheffield United)
  20. Gilmour (Chelsea)
  21. Gauld (Farense)
  22. Griffiths (Celtic)
  23. McBurnie (Sheffield United)
  24. McLean (Norwich) - (Alternate)
  25. Turnbull (Celtic) - (Alternate)

You’re not taking Che Adams!?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, adamntg said:

You’re not taking Che Adams!?

I don't rate him.

Griffiths has his many issues, but if he's fit and sharp, he has a spark about him. Not to mention his free kicks.

3 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I’d have Zander Clark in as my third keeper.  

I definitely think it's a coin toss between who is the third keeper. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I don't rate him.

Griffiths has his many issues, but if he's fit and sharp, he has a spark about him. Not to mention his free kicks.

I definitely think it's a coin toss between who is the third keeper. 

You’ve got McBurnie in too but he’s injured till pre season so out of the tournament. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I don't rate him.

Griffiths has his many issues, but if he's fit and sharp, he has a spark about him. Not to mention his free kicks.

I definitely think it's a coin toss between who is the third keeper. 

His free kicks were 6 years ago mate and he is not fit and sharp. Armstrong is going by southampton fans and also my opinion one of their best players. Adam's has done great for us last series of games. C'mon get real

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

His free kicks were 6 years ago mate and he is not fit and sharp. Armstrong is going by southampton fans and also my opinion one of their best players. Adam's has done great for us last series of games. C'mon get real

I'm sure he's scored a few free kicks more recently than 6 years ago. I didn't specifically mean his two against England. 

Well.. it's a game of opinions. :)

Edited by Taylor1996
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...