Your Scotland squad (and first XI) for Euro 2020 - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Scotland squad (and first XI) for Euro 2020

Taylor1996

2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Interesting. Then I'd say that the chances of an outsider making their way into the squad is pretty slim..  barring a spate on injuries.

It's a pity Scott Wright didn't move sooner as he might've been a wildcard.

The situation with Scott Wright sums up the general standard of Scottish coaching, outside the Old Firm. He's pretty much said that he's developed more in 2 months at Rangers (Mentally and physically) than he had at Aberdeen for 7 years.

If that's the case then Ryan Fraser leaving Aberdeen at 18 is vindicated. However, Christie spending a couple of years at Aberdeen done him no harm (that we know of).

I don't even think Wright would be in the same bracket as the Outsiders. He'd be a back to the backups.

8 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

If that's the case then Ryan Fraser leaving Aberdeen at 18 is vindicated. However, Christie spending a couple of years at Aberdeen done him no harm (that we know of).

I don't even think Wright would be in the same bracket as the Outsiders. He'd be a back to the backups.

Wright spent a large portion of his time on the treatment table at Aberdeen so if be has said what is being alleged then he's being very disrespectful to the club who developed him and stood by him during his Injuries. For every Wright there's a mckenna who did well and earned a move

Aberdeens youth system isn't perfect right now and mcinnes had no real interest in promoting Scottish youngsters. He would rather promote some no mark from Leeds instead, its part of the reason he was let go.

The jury is still very much out on Wright too, he's had a handful of appearances at rangers and that's it. If he has a successful career and gets a call up then fair play to him

Taylor claims to know nothing about the SPFL but says plenty about it.

24 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Yeah. I'd actually say that Christie as well as James Maddison improved at Aberdeen, but I think that was more to do with the individuals rather than the coaching staff at Aberdeen or McInness.

I always make Paul Lambert an example. I remember him at Motherwell. Decent player. More of an attacking midfielder. 

He left for Germany.

Everyone in Scotland laughed.

Overnight he turns into a world class anchorman with a European Cup winner's medal in one pocket and Zinedine Zidane is in the other.

Not really sure if the players are to blame, though.

More recently there was Angelo Alessioat Kilmarnock. They gave him a massive 22 matches. He was fifth when he got fired... thanks to a player revolt, something about his coaching methods they didn't like.

Yeah. Good enough for Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Immobile, etc, but not good enough for Kirk Broadfoot, Scott Boyd, Alan Power, Rory McKenzie, etc. 

30 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I don't revel in anyone being injured and I do wish him a speedy recovery and nothing negative long term but........ But you know what I'm thinking 🤪

3 minutes ago, SteveHFC said:

So Adams, Dykes, Griffiths, Nisbet and Shankland as our forwards. 

Cant see him taking 5 forwards for 1 position.

Adams and Dykes are stick ons.  If its an expanded squad I can see him taking 2 more. If not I think he would prefer to just take 3 and worst case scenario play somebody like Christie up top.

23 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I don't revel in anyone being injured and I do wish him a speedy recovery and nothing negative long term but........ But you know what I'm thinking 🤪

Yes, it does relieve Steve Clarke of a problem, bearing in mind he's been loyal to McB. Won't be more than 3 number nines, to whit Dykes, Adams and Nisbet. Griffiths would have to play regularly and score heavily to have any chance.

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Wright spent a large portion of his time on the treatment table at Aberdeen so if be has said what is being alleged then he's being very disrespectful to the club who developed him and stood by him during his Injuries. For every Wright there's a mckenna who did well and earned a move

Aberdeens youth system isn't perfect right now and mcinnes had no real interest in promoting Scottish youngsters. He would rather promote some no mark from Leeds instead, its part of the reason he was let go.

The jury is still very much out on Wright too, he's had a handful of appearances at rangers and that's it. If he has a successful career and gets a call up then fair play to him

Taylor claims to know nothing about the SPFL but says plenty about it.

I'd put Wright even further down the pecking order than Patterson, who is probably about 7th in line for an outside chance of an unexpected call up. We have so many options all over the pitch that I don't think there is anything Wright could do to get called up for the Euros. 

To be honest, I'd be astounded if there were any new call ups for the Euros. 

5 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Oh... I know what you're thinking...

That you learned the mystical arts and you put an injury curse on McBurnie. Now, do a reversal and put it on Che Adams. ;)

17 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Oh... I know what you're thinking...

That you learned the mystical arts and you put an injury curse on McBurnie. Now, do a reversal and put it on Che Adams. ;)

All the McBurnie haters will be happy as pigs in shit now The guy must be gutted.Never mind,there is always that English guy,eh!It's a sad day when Scotland fans are happy to see a committed Scotland player injured,and cheer for a chancer who had no interest in playing for us,until we qualified for the euros.

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I hate to rain on the parade but McBurnie might make it yet, remember he got over  sore toe in less than a week.

Like Adams got over his lack of interest in playing for us in the time it took Gordon Marshall to save that penalty in Serbia.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

All the McBurnie haters will be happy as pigs in shit now The guy must be gutted.Never mind,there is always that English guy,eh!It's a sad day when Scotland fans are happy to see a committed Scotland player injured,and cheer for a chancer who had no interest in playing for us,until we qualified for the euros.

+1

However, I can't see Adams regain his place in the Southampton first XI, from now to the end of the season.

8 hours ago, thesaint said:

Like Adams got over his lack of interest in playing for us in the time it took Gordon Marshall to save that penalty in Serbia.

I've read this five times and still don't know what it's meant to mean.

14 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Confirmed Ryan Jack out for the rest of the season and the Euros.

That is going to be a BIG miss for the Euros as felt his absence from the last set of games was very noticeable.

Big blow indeed. Opportunity to promote Gilmour?

Gordon - Marshall - McLaughlin

O’Donnell - Palmer

Hendry - McTominay - Hanley - Cooper - McKenna - Gallagher - Tierney

Robertson

McGregor - McGinn - Armstrong - Fleck - McLean - Christie - Turnbull

Fraser - Forrest

Adams - Dykes - Burke

I’d  guess that will be out 25 man squad. I’d leave Palmer, Fleck and Burke out, but Clarke likes them all.

22 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Big blow indeed. Opportunity to promote Gilmour?

It might guarantee McTominay will play in midfield. But it also probably means McGregor will get played in the anchorman role, which I am firmly against.

I'd call up Gilmour as well, but I just can't see it happening.

36 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Gordon - Marshall - McLaughlin

O’Donnell - Palmer

Hendry - McTominay - Hanley - Cooper - McKenna - Gallagher - Tierney

Robertson

McGregor - McGinn - Armstrong - Fleck - McLean - Christie - Turnbull

Fraser - Forrest

Adams - Dykes - Burke

I’d  guess that will be out 25 man squad. I’d leave Palmer, Fleck and Burke out, but Clarke likes them all.

think you have pretty much nailed it with this....    I have a bad feeling we might get a pumping from England