McInnes Sacked - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

39 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Dons fans will be getting excited now. Steven Pressley is keen. 🤗

Former Scotland centre-half Steven Pressley has thrown his hat into the ring to become the next Aberdeen manager. (The Herald)

hat ✔️

ring ✔️

failed manager in majority of managerial positions including recent stints ✔️

beneficiary of the "jobs for the boys" for former Scottish pros ✔️

The story and the candidate ticks all the boxes. 

6 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Former Scotland centre-half Steven Pressley has thrown his hat into the ring to become the next Aberdeen manager. (The Herald)

hat ✔️

ring ✔️

failed manager in majority of managerial positions including recent stints ✔️

beneficiary of the "jobs for the boys" for former Scottish pros ✔️

The story and the candidate ticks all the boxes. 

And he claims to be a life long Aberdeen fan so you can add kissing the badge to the tick box list.

Craig Levein - Steven Pressley dream team. 

Ok I'll stop. Don't want an Aberdonian Fatwa placed on me. 

Seriously tho it's an uncomfortable time being managerless in the SPL, just a couple of bad appointments from relegation. New appointment messes up and the replacement not good enough to stop the rot. 

13 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Craig Levein - Steven Pressley dream team. 

Ok I'll stop. Don't want an Aberdonian Fatwa placed on me. 

Seriously tho it's an uncomfortable time being managerless in the SPL, just a couple of bad appointments from relegation. New appointment messes up and the replacement not good enough to stop the rot. 

aye can imagine. You would like to think that Chairman take a wider assessment and input rather than liking someone generally or liking someone solely based on their interview but given (off the top of my head) Thistle's appointment of Caldwell as well as the SFA's appointment of Burley, Levein and McLeish, then it can be quite the lottery depending on the faith you have in the man in charge. 

10 minutes ago, Redz said:

I've not heard any Aberdeen fan suggest those two 

I'd be interested in your source?

Howe was an Aberdeen fan on BBC Sportsound, and both names have been serious suggestions by some Aberdeen fans on Twitter. 

Id be interested why you need sources, is it really that big of an issue. You’re entering Ramy territory. 

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Howe was an Aberdeen fan on BBC Sportsound, and both names have been serious suggestions by some Aberdeen fans on Twitter. 

Id be interested why you need sources, is it really that big of an issue. You’re entering Ramy territory. 

Fair enough, it wasn't a big issue - It was a genuine question as it read like the usual tripe from the media of 'Aberdeen fans being stuck in the 80's' - When nothing could be further from the truth

I'm not on Twitter, nor do I listen to Sportsound - The Ramy comment is simply antagonistic so I'll call it a day

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

The Sun reporting that if Glass gets the job he’ll be taking Scott Brown as his player/assistant manager! 

You’re at it 😂

“edited” to say you’re not, apologies, surely that’s the Sun talking their usual bollocks. 😂

Edited by Jersey Jim

3 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

You’re at it 😂

“edited” to say you’re not, apologies, surely that’s the Sun talking their usual bollocks. 😂

The Sun were first to report about Lennon and Mcinnes leaving their posts 🙈

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

The Sun reporting that if Glass gets the job he’ll be taking Scott Brown as his player/assistant manager! 

Obviously Glass doesn’t want the job but hasn’t got the bollocks to say, saying he wanted that horrible thug Brown as no2 surely rules him out.

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Latest rumour is Glass is isolating in Aberdeen and will be announced when he’s free from quarantine, with Browm to join in June 🙄

Headline writer's dream, that would mean the new management team would be......

b1c-postcard-unused-viz-brown-bottle.jpg

33 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Latest rumour is Glass is isolating in Aberdeen and will be announced when he’s free from quarantine, with Browm to join in June 🙄

Glass maybe joining in some capacity seems more likely though a "second division" manager in the US would hardly out him on the list of desirable experienced candidates. Brown going to Aberdeen seems extremely outlandish however it is looked at. 

On 3/9/2021 at 9:39 PM, Diamond Scot said:

Id love Aberdeen to go for somebody that doesnt have any fear of the Old Firm. Somebody with an extreme inner confidence.

Funny you should mention that. I saw Big Yogi driving along King Street this afternoon.

47 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Glass maybe joining in some capacity seems more likely though a "second division" manager in the US would hardly out him on the list of desirable experienced candidates. Brown going to Aberdeen seems extremely outlandish however it is looked at. 

Yeah, it’s clearly the Atlanta thing that does it, apparently the 3rd man is the England striker coach 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Yeah, it’s clearly the Atlanta thing that does it, apparently the 3rd man is the England striker coach 🤷🏼‍♂️

Alan Russell. Quite highly respected. Played for Killie I think. 

19 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Alan Russell. Quite highly respected. Played for Killie I think. 

That’s the one. Sure he knows a thing or two if he’s good enough to coach Kane etc on international duty.