McInnes Sacked - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-hunter-aberdeen-manager-hint-23639932?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Graham Hunter says he knows. You could infer from his comments that the Stephen Glass speculation is true, although there are quite a few ex Dons who are now in management so who knows really.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I think McInnes took a failing Aberdeen team and put it where it should be. However they rarely outperformed expectations under him and that lack of progress and the hoofball they resorted to latterly have been his undoing. 

Personally I hope they forego the usual suspects and show some imagination with their next appointment. 

And your next manager will be ?

3 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

If you believe it apparently Enzo Maresca, according to Sky Bet this morning, is their favourite.

Really? He's been mentioned for the Celtic job as well. 

3 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

And your next manager will be ?

Nae idea. We're supposedly talking to Howe but we should really be appointing the DOF first. That said we're already signing players and taking others on trial without either 🙈

4 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-hunter-aberdeen-manager-hint-23639932?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Graham Hunter says he knows. You could infer from his comments that the Stephen Glass speculation is true, although there are quite a few ex Dons who are now in management so who knows really.

You could also infer that Hunter is both a liar and an attention seeker. 

He took us top of the League in January 2015 & only a late Celtic winner at Killie stopped us having a chance to go top as late as March 2016. Nobody outside Glasgow will get that close to a title ever again so I thank him for that period of hope & pride he gave us.

When he signed Logan & Rooney, and rejuvenated Pawlett, we were also exciting to watch for a while but it has become an increasingly painful watch the last 2-3 years. Not all his fault as Shinnie, Hayes, McGinn etc. started to leave and even this season he's taken in £6M and not seen any of it to spend.

Good luck to the new guy.

28 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

he's taken in £6M and not seen any of it to spend.

He's had absolutely brilliant financial support, despite his utterly shambolic record in the transfer market. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Nae idea. We're supposedly talking to Howe but we should really be appointing the DOF first. That said we're already signing players and taking others on trial without either 🙈

That’s crazy, new manager comes in and doesn’t rate the signings but there’s no money left to get who he wants.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

He's had absolutely brilliant financial support, despite his utterly shambolic record in the transfer market. 

Brilliant financial support would have been getting a cut of sales to buy players. Some of his signings (and they've mostly been freebies) haven't been great but when you turn a player from £20k to £2M I think you're entitled to get some of it to spend rather than raking around for freebies and loans. 

Id love Aberdeen to go for somebody that doesnt have any fear of the Old Firm. Somebody with an extreme inner confidence.

Also could so with somebody who commands high standards throughout the club. Seperate matter but I hear Scott Wright has put on 4kg of muslce since singing for Rangers. Did Aberdeen not think he had to bulk up or were they just accepting of lower fitness levels?

6 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

Brilliant financial support would have been getting a cut of sales to buy players. Some of his signings (and they've mostly been freebies) haven't been great but when you turn a player from £20k to £2M I think you're entitled to get some of it to spend rather than raking around for freebies and loans. 

not really in Covid times when no crowds to supplement income 

Forrester 200K + wages

Ojo 150K

McRorie 350K 

Ferguson 200K

Craig Bryson wages

Stephen Gleeson wages

off top of head cash spent 

Stephen Glass the hot favourite now. I'll give him a chance but this seems lazy to me. Glass hasn't done anything of note and cormack has just gone with the Atlanta connection.

11 hours ago, euan2020 said:

not really in Covid times when no crowds to supplement income 

Forrester 200K + wages

Ojo 150K

McRorie 350K 

Ferguson 200K

Craig Bryson wages

Stephen Gleeson wages

off top of head cash spent 

His record in transfers is abysmal. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Stephen Glass the hot favourite now. I'll give him a chance but this seems lazy to me. Glass hasn't done anything of note and cormack has just gone with the Atlanta connection.

It won't be Glass. No way. Folk putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, I reckon. 

34 minutes ago, Redz said:

Indeed

Can you imagine how much worse it would have been if he hadn't been working 3 windows in advance too 🙄

Haha at least he stopped using that nonsense line towards the end. 

I’ve just listened to the BBC Sportsound Podcast from last night. It just confined that people involved in football are self serving, pig ignorant, blinkered, fuckers.

The defence of McInnes was pathetic, every single excuse was used, all to defend one of their wee pals. Levein, Dodds, Faddy and McCall would have been as well sitting in the corner, saying we are right, you lot are always wrong. 

The media in this country is dumbed down nonsense, and always clap happy pish. 

6 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Billy Davies is now been mentioned, not sure if there is any truth behind it.

Has Billy Davies commented on how Billy Davies would feel about Billy Davies being linked with the job?

18 minutes ago, aaid said:

Has Billy Davies commented on how Billy Davies would feel about Billy Davies being linked with the job?

Not that I know of, that's why I said I don't know if there was any truth in it.

A bit like Glass, Lennon and others being mentioned for the job.

Edited by robbo cop

6 hours ago, kumnio said:

I’ve just listened to the BBC Sportsound Podcast from last night. It just confined that people involved in football are self serving, pig ignorant, blinkered, fuckers.

The defence of McInnes was pathetic, every single excuse was used, all to defend one of their wee pals. Levein, Dodds, Faddy and McCall would have been as well sitting in the corner, saying we are right, you lot are always wrong. 

The media in this country is dumbed down nonsense, and always clap happy pish. 

Spot on. I stopped listening to Sportsound through the week about 18 months. It's absolutely brutal. Clowns like the ones you mentioned on night after night & presented by clown in chief kenny McIntyre. Almost every guest spouts bland, mind-numbing drivel.